• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group B Discussion - South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, England

kingkallis

International Coach
When he's not on the attack McCullum looks so awkward and flawed. He really is completely lacking in any sound defensive technique. There's just something wrong about a batsman making an extra-cover drive for six look so much easier than a forward defensive.
Thats cause he is not in touch. When he is in form, he can kill any attack. Last time I see him in superb touch was against Poms when he literally killed the attack.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I would like to know why Indian cricket fans are complete and utter loons. When India lose do the women and childrens hotline go berzerk with calls about beatings?
Cricket is a religion in India. Most Indian fans don't even know about cricket properly. They over hype the players and teams and then when they lose, they start crying foul. It is all crazy.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I would like to know why Indian cricket fans are complete and utter loons. When India lose do the women and childrens hotline go berzerk with calls about beatings?
No you're thinking of New Zealanders after the All Blacks lose.

kingkallis

International Coach
You have to come and live with 1,200,000,000 Indians to understand the frustration when the BEST selected 11 fails to perform well...

Cricket is like another religion in India and people have the right to expect something from the players who earn billions through or via the game - directly or indirectly.

The anger remains for couple of days and you win the next game, the mass would again start worshipping you like idols.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
When he's not on the attack McCullum looks so awkward and flawed. He really is completely lacking in any sound defensive technique. There's just something wrong about a batsman making an extra-cover drive for six look so much easier than a forward defensive.
It's true, plus when he's trying to bat properly (defensively) and manages to get to this sort of score (about 30* off 45 balls) he then doesn't seem to know how to safely accelerate, and instead gets out. Like others have said, would be much more comfortable if he'd just attack from the start. Let Ryder be the proper batsman.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Cricket is a religion in India. Most Indian fans don't even know about cricket properly. They over hype the players and teams and then when they lose, they start crying foul. It is all crazy.
I thought the idea of religion in it's purest sense was peace, love, unity and understanding?

What sort of followers praise their religion and god one day, then curse and burn it the next?

kingkallis

International Coach
I thought the idea of religion in it's purest sense was peace, love, unity and understanding?

What sort of followers praise their religion and god one day, then curse and burn it the next?
Thats why I told you to come and live here to understand it :sleep:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Its like saying Paris Hiltom has more class then Paris Hilton vice versa.
Indians don't regularly throw stones on the houses of players like Pakistanis. Indians do too but less than Pakistanis. No Indian cricketer has come out in the open like Wasim Akram to criticise his own country's fans. I do believe the Pakistani fan is worse. Hell no one comes to watch tests in Pakistan. It is subjective though and I don't have a problem if some one thinks they are equally worse.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket

Err relilgion is the cause of so much war and death in the world.

kingkallis

International Coach
Indians don't regularly throw stones on the houses of players like Pakistanis. Indians do too but less than Pakistanis. No Indian cricketer has come out in the open like Wasim Akram to criticise his own country's fans. I do believe the Pakistani fan is worse. Hell no one comes to watch tests in Pakistan. It is subjective though and I don't have a problem if some one thinks they are equally worse.
I dont agree mate, our guys did that to Mohammad Kaif's house and they did damage the newly built or the house which was under construction.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Ummmm... back to the cricket. NZ really need to pick up the pace and not allow Kallis and Morkel to bowl so cheaply. Last five overs 11/1

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

He didn't mean religion in the purest sense. He meant as in a gathering of fanatical followers who base their entire sense of self worth around their chosen following.