• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group A Discussion - Pakistan, West Indies, Australia, India

James

Cricket Web Owner
Wed Sep 23
Pakistan v West Indies
New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg

Sat Sep 26
Australia v West Indies

Sat Sep 26
India v Pakistan
SuperSport Park, Centurion

Mon Sep 28
Group A - Australia v India

Wed Sep 30
Australia v Pakistan

India v West Indies

pup11

International Coach
Not an easy group this for us, every team in the group should beat West Indies easy, but for us Pakistan and India would be tough competition, btw how many teams progress from the group stage, two or three..?

EDIT: Never mind.

Last edited:

inbox24

International Debutant
Disagree, don't think Australia can beat India. Probably favourites to beat the Windies, but against Pakistan I think Pakistan will pip them.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Disagree, don't think Australia can beat India. Probably favourites to beat the Windies, but against Pakistan I think Pakistan will pip them.
its lottery odi's. Pak-Aus, Ind-Aus, Pak-Ind all these matches can go either way

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
its lottery odi's. Pak-Aus, Ind-Aus, Pak-Ind all these matches can go either way
Yeah agreed
don't know how pitches will be in South Africa
India Vs Australia & India vs westindies will be turning tracks
Pakistan Vs India, Batsmen friendly
Pak Vs Aus, Pak Vs Westindies & Aus V Westindies will be boucy tracks
that's what i think

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
If this was the West Indies senior team I would be getting very excited as we have been fabulous in the last two ICCCT events with the likes of Gayle, Sarwan and Taylor on top of their game (winners and finalists in the last two tournaments).

But as it is our D team we are the minnow in the group and the other teams objectives should be to beat us as quickly as possible to increase their net run-rates.

If the pitches are fast and bouncy the opposition will have to watch out for Kemar Roach. If they survive or score freely off him that will pretty much be that tbh. It is not going to be pretty that's for sure.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
If we play upto a high standard and show up we should be able to make it. Beating India will be a challenge and a half though. I'm hoping we should beat West Indies and Pakistan but both have players which could easily turn the tide of the match and make it difficult for us. If we struggle to unite as a team, or are lack in the field the likes of Gayle and Afridi can rip us to pieces. If our batting doesn't turn up, once more Afridi can destroy us and West Indies have enough quality in there attack to strike when the opposition is down.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Looking forward to the Ind - Pak ODI obviously. The Indian team should fancy their chances against this AUS ODI team without Gilly, Hayden and Symonds. Gambhir and Tendulkar opening in games should be good to watch.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I'm hoping we should beat West Indies and Pakistan but both have players which could easily turn the tide of the match and make it difficult for us. If we struggle to unite as a team, or are lack in the field the likes of Gayle and Afridi can rip us to pieces. West Indies have enough quality in there attack to strike when the opposition is down.
If our senior team was playing I would agree. In fact given our ICCCT record we would probably top the group. Unfortunately you won't be facing a top order assault from Gayle but from Dale Richards. Instead of Sarwan and Chanderpaul keeping it ticking in the middle overs we will have Floyd Reifer and Travis Dowlin. Instead of Bravo giving it some lash at the end we will have David Bernard jr.

As for the attack, Roach is the only one who could take wickets. No Jerome Taylor, no Fidel Edwards, no Dwayne Bravo and his slower deliveries.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
This is going to be a lottery between Ind, Aus and Pak.

I will put my neck out and say it is going to be India and Pakistan through with India beating Pakistan in their group match.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
If we play upto a high standard and show up we should be able to make it. Beating India will be a challenge and a half though. I'm hoping we should beat West Indies and Pakistan but both have players which could easily turn the tide of the match and make it difficult for us. If we struggle to unite as a team, or are lack in the field the likes of Gayle and Afridi can rip us to pieces. If our batting doesn't turn up, once more Afridi can destroy us and West Indies have enough quality in there attack to strike when the opposition is down.
Sorry to disappoint you but you won't be seeing Gayle.

brockley

International Captain
Will be interesting expect india and pakistan to struggle on bouncy pitches.
India and australia through,though if their was a full windies side,who knows.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Will be interesting expect india and pakistan to struggle on bouncy pitches.India and australia through,though if their was a full windies side,who knows.
Pakistan wont be struggling with bounce, cuz Imran Nazir, Umer & Kamran Akmal are good players of flat & bouncy tracks
for Pakistan will be through, Aus will be the other side

pup11

International Coach
Pakistan wont be struggling with bounce, cuz Imran Nazir, Umer & Kamran Akmal are good players of flat & bouncy tracks
for Pakistan will be through, Aus will be the other side
Haha, mate I seriously hope your team isn't depending on those guys to pull you through, because in most conditions they are pretty average batsmen, if I were a Pakistani fan, I would be hoping and expecting experienced guys like Younis and Yousuf to lead the way on Saffie pitches.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Haha, mate I seriously hope your team isn't depending on those guys to pull you through, because in most conditions they are pretty average batsmen, if I were a Pakistani fan, I would be hoping and expecting experienced guys like Younis and Yousuf to lead the way on Saffie pitches.
well lets see what happens
i think they are pretty good in those conditions
unless pitches are green top which is not ideal situatioin for ODI matches