• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group A Discussion - Pakistan, West Indies, Australia, India

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Yet when the batsmen bowl you complain that it's tiring them out and preventing them from batting properly.
The batsmen often chosen by Dhoni are too bad with the ball to use, and too good with the bat to waste. I'd prefer to see Yuvraj and Sehwag concentrating on their batting and scoring centuries, rather than sending down overs and returning with average stats.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Irfan Pathan is a going to be a much better option for India, the Indian management should just stop seeing him as a main bowler, and rather concentrate on what he can offer with the bat, I think he can be a pretty consistent no.7 for India, and Dhoni can also squeeze out some overs from him, he is definitely a much better option that Y.Pathan, Nayar, or anyone else for that matter.
Rather, the Indians need to get his bowling form back and use him sparingly with the bat (Johnson, Lee, Broad, Dan, Franklin being a benchmark), and grooming two more such bowlers (they can choose from Praveen, Chawla and Mishra) for the team. I don't believe Yusuf is as bad as he's made out to be- he's got a very raw deal from Dhoni and Kirsten. He's often missed innings, called in only with a few overs left or when the team is in big trouble, and often treated as a part-timer when he's good enough to (possibly) replace the second spinner. He's not a batting mainstay, so he's relatively free to do the task. Given Harbhajan's current form, Yusuf should be treated as a full-fledged spin option. Nayar, though, may only be treated as cover for Irfan Pathan, though two spinners can play under him. He is, however, a contender for that role which Angelo Matthews or Chris Gayle perform for their teams.

AaronK

State Regular
Well i am interested to see the contest between Saeed Ajmal and Rick Pointing. how is he going to handle Saeed Ajmal.. i have seeen him struggle against Harbajan singh..

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well i am interested to see the contest between Saeed Ajmal and Rick Pointing. how is he going to handle Saeed Ajmal.. i have seeen him struggle against Harbajan singh..
Ask Murali....

Given the NRR differential between India and Australia, is it the case we'd have to get flogged and they'll have to flog the WI for us not to go through?

irfan

State Captain
How Australia handles 20 overs against Ajmal and Afridi is going to be massively important in the outcome of this match.

Watto has had problems against Ajmal, Punter's record against conventional off-spinners is well documented and guys like Hopes look awful tackling spin in general. Minus Clarke, it will be interesting to see how they all fare. Even if Australia go down, I don't think that India can recover the NRR deficit

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
True that. Looking forward to seeing a few of the Pakistani players - haven't seen much of them for a long time unfortunately.

Is this a D/N game BTW?

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Well.........so that was a heck of a game...............moving on....

PAK VS NZ.......................

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
^ That would be something.........and this time around....Aamer will take them apart rather than Akram....

AaronK

State Regular
Ask Murali....

Given the NRR differential between India and Australia, is it the case we'd have to get flogged and they'll have to flog the WI for us not to go through?
well he did trouble Pointing.. Pointing was lucky.. a couple of close calls there for LBW..