Cricket Player Manager
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Group A Discussion - Pakistan, West Indies, Australia, India

ret
    YP = Indian version of Afridi .... inconsistent but if he fires, he can win the game. the sad part is of late he looks out of rhythm! .... If they play him, may be they should bat him up the order so that he gets in to some kind of a rhythm for the tourney

He isn't going to get in to rhythm trying to bash the first ball he faces to the boundary with 4-5 overs to go. In that case, a 5th bowler would be an option to consider
    Last edited by ret; 18-09-2009 at 02:08 PM.
    Fastest gun in town

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Pak and Ind at this point have a lot of question marks....Even though India won the Compaq cup, their performances were not convincing, other then Sachin's ton. Before that they struggled against the the short stuff, and on bouncy SA tracks, they might face that nightmare again.

For Pakistan, yes they are unpredictable but right now, they have too many ifs and buts in their team on top of the regular ifs and buts, i.e. Rana, Nazir, Malik and including Misbah......these players could be play a good innings which may or may not be a match winning them on their good days! Umer is doing great and i wish him best of luck...YK is not in good form at all, Mo Yo...i don't know what the heck is wrong with him....got out today as well on a duck........me i am putting my money on Afridi, Gul, Umer, and may be some what on Kamran Akmal......these are the players to look for......

Australia, what else do they need, they are about to whitewash England!!!! What more practice do you need........??? They should easily go through to semi's......

Abotu WI no comments, although for teams like Pak and Ind, an upset will not be a surprize......

Now keeping all this in prespective.....Group A is the s***! its probably the most exciting group ever made.....and guess what with Australia in good position to qualify, and WI in no position to qualify, we are left with IND and PAK........its a do or die game on Sep 26 ...as far as i am concerned.
    Last edited by Faisal1985; 18-09-2009 at 02:10 PM.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

ret
    Ind would be favs though esp if they bat first Pak would have little chance! .... You don't win 6 ODI series in a row with lots of question marks

Quote Originally Posted by ret View Post
    Ind would be favs though esp if they bat first Pak would have little chance! .... You don't win 6 ODI series in a row with lots of question marks
    I agree, but i think those 6 ODI series latest wins were WI and NZ, and then Compaq cup.....right?

ret
    Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    I agree, but i think those 6 ODI series latest wins were WI and NZ, and then Compaq cup.....right?
    that's just 3! .... I guess the 6 wins include the victory in Australia and 2 series win in SL which by any account are not easy

that's just 3! .... I guess the 6 wins include the victory in Australia and 2 series win in SL which by any account are not easy

No one is disagreeing......they were certainly tough wins.........i am talking about the latest form bud......there latest was against WI, NZ and Compaq win....the "last" 3 out of those 6. I saw the games in SL for compaq cup the wins were not as convincing as they should have been...but yes Gambhir's return will boast Ind's batting line up for sure....but at the same time, Pak has Asif making a come back in that game as well which will give some boast to Pak bowling. Don't be so convinced that Ind. batting first will be enough to win the game....

ret
    What you have to remember that despite not playing well, Ind is still managing to sneak series wins .... in SA, Ind has traditionally done well in multi-nation tourneys

What I am wary off is them being over confident and then messing things up in their first game against Pak. If they lose then they have to battle it out with OZ and also have to keep NRR in mind against WI

And nobody can be sure that if Ind bats first it will definitely win but the chances go up tremendously

What you have to remember that despite not playing well, Ind is still managing to sneak series wins .... in SA, Ind has traditionally done well in multi-nation tourneys

What I am wary off is them being over confident and then messing things up in their first game against Pak. If they lose then they have to battle it out with OZ and also have to keep NRR in mind against WI

And nobody can be sure that if Ind bats first it will definitely win but the chances go up tremendously
    They surely have had a great run recently...and credit to the Indian batsmen.
    but at the same time i think Ind has more pressure to win because they are a better side.....

ret
    and India is not even at full strength with guys like Sehwag and Zak missing lol

Well Sehwag for sure, but Zak was never as threatening for Pak.

It will surely be a game to watch..............................and its on a Sunday so that would be perfect....

ret
    Btw, read on cricinfo that Bhajji is looking to get an international 100 .... well, good luck to him!

Btw, read on cricinfo that Bhajji is looking to get an international 100 .... well, good luck to him!
    Sehwag looking to get 1st ODI double hundred.
    Ishant looking to bowl at 100mph
    Sachin wants to win a WC

so many dreams for Indian players.

Quote Originally Posted by HMas View Post
    Sachin wants to win a WC

so u mean u can't dream???????????

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HMas View Post
    Sachin wants to win a WC

Meh. Shoaib Akhtar was the one who derailed his team goal targeting 100 mph in Australia.

it's unfortunate when guys go personal

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread Information