• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group A Discussion - Pakistan, West Indies, Australia, India

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
If its all about smashing then Pak has owned Indian bowlers in that sense.........so lets not generalize things here....yes i also remember only those scenes in which Anwar smashed the Indian Legends at Chennai......or Afridi wacked Nehra, Kumble, Balaji, Harbajan and ZAK to score a ton on 47 balls.......and i don't think much of Pak bowlers being smashed by Indian batsmen..........everyone has reasons and personal bias.....i was just talking stats.....

In the most bleakest of times for Pak bowling Rana still came off better then the rest Pak + Indian bowlers combined.........when you had the services of RP, IK Pathan, Ishant (now), Nehra, Balaji, Sreesanth, Parveen, Munaf........Pak was stuck with having their 2 strike bowlers in Asif and Akhtar out of the team.....for their own faults but the point is it was essentially Pak's loss....

Akhtar played only 5 games for obvious reasons lol.

You can talk dirty about Pak bowling right now but in another 2-3 years we will have another world class pair of attack bowlers........

Last edited:

ret

International Debutant
If its all about smashing then Pak has owned Indian bowlers in that sense.........so lets not generalize things here....yes i also remember only those scenes in which Anwar smashed the Indian Legends at Chennai......or Afridi wacked Nehra, Kumble, Balaji, Harbajan and ZAK to score a ton on 47 balls.......and i don't think much of Pak bowlers being smashed by Indian batsmen..........everyone has reasons and personal bias.....i was just talking stats.....

In the most bleakest of times for Pak bowling Rana still came off better then the rest Pak + Indian bowlers combined.........when you had the services of RP, IK Pathan, Ishant (now), Nehra, Balaji, Sreesanth, Parveen, Munaf........Pak was stuck with having their 2 strike bowlers in Asif and Akhtar out of the team.....for their own faults but the point is it was essentially Pak's loss....

Akhtar played only 5 games for obvious reasons lol.

You can talk dirty about Pak bowling right now but in another 2-3 years we will have another world class pair of attack bowlers........
8-)

I can't do much if your comprehensions skills are weak. What I am suggesting is that bowlers of neither side has had much success .... Saying that xyz bowler doesn't do well against Pak makes little sense when you look at the pic I showed

Anyways keep entertaining us :D

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Typical juvenile stuff from certain section of the crowd here another reason why India Pakistan should never play each other.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
i have just 1 point, just forget PAST & STOP SAYING who's missing, i heard sanjay manjeraker saying India has been a better team for past 3 years, well then Pakistan has been a better team for past 30-40 years i guess?????????
Today the team which plays well, will win it

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
"There is no fear, he is not a jin-bhoot [ghost]"
Younis Khan may fear the supernatural but he doesn't fear Sachin Tendulkar.
Sep 25, 2009

SOURCE CRICINFO.COM

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
"As far as cricket goes there is lot of laughing and crying, and in my case there was more crying. Even in life there is lot of struggle, but I have enjoyed my cricket and will continue enjoying it"
Shahid Afridi on his journey to captaincy
Sep 23, 2009

SOURCE CRICINFO.COM

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
no matter what both Captains say, it will not be just another game, that is what both writers have written
India Pakistan matches now a days are boring, apart from the cheap bickering there is nothing to it. Even though Pakistan used to own India the matches used to be good in 80s and the test matches in the 90s were exciting because of the high level of cricket on display.

India-Pak contest now a days is :yucky::yucky: . Any writer who writes otherwise is basically talking out of his behind.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
India Pakistan matches now a days are boring, apart from the cheap bickering there is nothing to it. Even though Pakistan used to own India the matches used to be good in 80s and the test matches in the 90s were exciting because of the high level of cricket on display.

India-Pak contest now a days is :yucky::yucky: . Any writer who writes otherwise is basically talking out of his behind.
Didn't they used to play out draws in the 80s so that everyone can save face???

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't they used to play out draws in the 80s so that everyone can save face???
Not Really, draw doesn't automatically mean face saving. First of the Test matches were a lot more competitive than we have witnessed in 2000s secondly ODIs were much more competitive and interesting compared to last 10-15 years.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
To a question whether India "have the guts" to pick both Harbhajan and Mishra, Dhoni says a flat-out "no". That's not a good sign. Centurion is possibly the one place where Indian spinners have done best in South Africa and have some sort of advantage. You've got two spinners, both in good form, so it makes no sense to keep one out.

Dhoni goes on to say that "five bowlers is a luxury". At at time when bowling (particularly seam bowling and more so the part-time bowling in the middle-overs) is an area of weakness, you need to beef up the bowling. Let's not forget, the Indians had a weak bowling attack, yet fielded four bowlers against Lanka in RPS, only to end up chasing a total over 300 under lights. And they failed, miserably. Sometimes, the bowling weakness puts the match way beyond the batting strength.

Even if you don't play five proper bowlers, make the best use of Yusuf Pathan and Nayar. Instead, he says that he'll try to "get the best use out of part-timers Yusuf, Raina and Tendulkar" and "cobble ten overs between them". That's far worse than playing five bowlers. Raina's not in the best of form, so let him concentrate on his batting. Tendulkar's too old and too crucial to use here, so leave him alone too. He doesn't seem to rate Nayar at all, and Nayar's a good seam-up bowler, and less relevant with the bat. The Indians may be missing three key players, but Dhoni's reluctance to get the most out of his existing resources is a bigger problem than the absence of Zaheer, Sehwag and Yuvraj.

Ultimately, India should aim for a comprehensive win- either they smash up the opposition, or give them absolutely no chance to do any damage. It doesn't matter how the Australia match goes, but this one and the one against the pushovers should be won handsomely.

Stapel

International Regular
Kemar Roach! He was pretty much the only impressive player for WI, since the carib crap started..., and he serves us first ball now!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I don't think India can play with 5 bowlers considering batting is the weak link. And RP Singh will do just fine in South Africa. I am almost sure of that. Plus he has a good record v Pakistan.

Last edited:

inbox24

International Debutant
Don't think Australia will do very well tonight, I'm backing the Windies to dominate our batting lineup.

Fletcher can do some serious damage to our fledgling bowlers.

Paine, should not be opening at this stage.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Nah, Australia will do just fine. Will score 250 plus at least. Windies bowlers are not consistent with the lines. They are raw, inexperienced bowlers who will be punished at this level.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
To a question whether India "have the guts" to pick both Harbhajan and Mishra, Dhoni says a flat-out "no". That's not a good sign. Centurion is possibly the one place where Indian spinners have done best in South Africa and have some sort of advantage. You've got two spinners, both in good form, so it makes no sense to keep one out.

Dhoni goes on to say that "five bowlers is a luxury". At at time when bowling (particularly seam bowling and more so the part-time bowling in the middle-overs) is an area of weakness, you need to beef up the bowling. Let's not forget, the Indians had a weak bowling attack, yet fielded four bowlers against Lanka in RPS, only to end up chasing a total over 300 under lights. And they failed, miserably. Sometimes, the bowling weakness puts the match way beyond the batting strength.

Even if you don't play five proper bowlers, make the best use of Yusuf Pathan and Nayar. Instead, he says that he'll try to "get the best use out of part-timers Yusuf, Raina and Tendulkar" and "cobble ten overs between them". That's far worse than playing five bowlers. Raina's not in the best of form, so let him concentrate on his batting. Tendulkar's too old and too crucial to use here, so leave him alone too. He doesn't seem to rate Nayar at all, and Nayar's a good seam-up bowler, and less relevant with the bat. The Indians may be missing three key players, but Dhoni's reluctance to get the most out of his existing resources is a bigger problem than the absence of Zaheer, Sehwag and Yuvraj.

Ultimately, India should aim for a comprehensive win- either they smash up the opposition, or give them absolutely no chance to do any damage. It doesn't matter how the Australia match goes, but this one and the one against the pushovers should be won handsomely.
I would play Nayyar ahead of Yousuf and play with 5 bowlers here..

Gambhir
Sachin
Rahul
Raina
Dhoni
Kohli
Nayyar
Harbhajan
RP Singh
Mishra
Ishant