Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Australian squad for ICC Champions trophy

Australian squad for ICC Champions trophy

Australia squad: Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Clarke, Nathan Bracken, Callum Ferguson, Brad Haddin (wk) Nathan Hauritz, Ben Hilfenhaus, James Hopes, Michael Hussey, Mitchell Johnson, Brett Lee, Peter Siddle, Adam Voges, Shane Watson, Cameron White.

Not a very surrpising squad this, but don't know what blokes like Voges and White have done to be selected ahead of North and Dussey, I think both of them would have been much better choices than White and Voges, North in particular with his offies would have been good addition to the side.

Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    Australia squad: Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Clarke, Nathan Bracken, Callum Ferguson, Brad Haddin (wk) Nathan Hauritz, Ben Hilfenhaus, James Hopes, Michael Hussey, Mitchell Johnson, Brett Lee, Peter Siddle, Adam Voges, Shane Watson, Cameron White.

Not a very surrpising squad this, but don't know what blokes like Voges and White have done to be selected ahead of North and Dussey, I think both of them would have been much better choices than White and Voges, North in particular with his offies would have been good addition to the side.
    I dont mind White, but Voges - the little i've seen of him i dont see what role he would exactly play in the ODI side.

Now the Symo aint around D Hussey is the best finisher AUS have, in his previous ODI recently given the circumstances he came into the side, he never got the chance to play a set role.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    I dont mind White, but Voges - the little i've seen of him i dont see what role he would exactly play in the ODI side.

Now the Symo aint around D Hussey is the best finisher AUS have, in his previous ODI recently given the circumstances he came into the side, he never got the chance to play a set role.
    White has already had a lot of chances, and after 30 odd ODI's he still doesn't have a 50 to his credit, so obviously he has failed to seize his opportunties, that's why I think Dussey or North should have been picked instead of him.

As for Voges, he is decent OD player but a bit too inconsistent AFAIC, on top of that in the last season he hardly did anything to deserve a chance ahead of some other deserving batsmen.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Happy that Voges is in there.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Bracken's last hurrah.

I'm so glad that we have a world class allrounder in James Hopes in there.

Seriously sack the selectors already.
    Inappropriate signature.
    --Moderators

International Regular
    How does useless Cameron White make the squad time after time after time, only to fail and be selected again?

Cameron White has been hopeless so far. I wish the selectors gave North a go in the ODI's
    Aussie Aussie Aussie

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Bracken's last hurrah.
    Yeah, could well be. Glorious farewell in a 0/80-odd off 6 overs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Yeah, could well be. Glorious farewell in a 0/80-odd off 6 overs.
    Sounds good.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Mud.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Brad Haddin is out of the CT as well, and it goes without saying that its going to prove to be a big blow, he has quite comfortably been one of our better batsmen in the last 12 months, so he would definitely be missed, but then again it gives Paine a chance to play 10 ODI's (min) in a row, and that's provides a great chance to an understudy like him to leave his mark.

Still think there's no value in playing James Hopes at number 8 or whatever. He adds no value there (unless there is a massive collapse in which case he adds only miminal and definitely no match changing innings). If we must play him then opening is the best slot for him. There are no other established players to open with Watson (although Jaques and Hughes should be there but won't). Hopes is definitely not a massive hitter but once he gets going can still play run a ball innings which will be 'tonic' to (hopefully, especially recently) quickish innings. Paine looks ok, but probably needs to add aggressive shots if he wants in in the future, whether batting 1 or 7.

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakester1288 View Post
    How does useless Cameron White make the squad time after time after time, only to fail and be selected again?
    Actually, not just after todays knock, I think he has a role in our team, as apparently he is working hard on his bowling. If he can provide 5 overs, and 5 from the other part timers, through the middle overs, it would eliminate the need for 5 frontline bowlers, extending the batting, allowing us to to more aggressive and lose more wickets and have a better standard of batsmen coming in.

Anyway, if we get to the semi finals in this, it will be a miracle.

With Lee/Ponting in good knick, reckon we're a good shot at making the final at least imo, despite the other obvious weaknesses in the squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information