• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand Thread

Flem274*

123/5
FFS. The only thing I dislike about the subcontinent is the security issues, real or imagined, getting the players nervous.

Hopefully Marshall and O'Brien refuse offers. Don't want to see either near an ODI for a long time. O'Brien can be kept for tests though.

We can cover Oram with Elliott/Ryder. Styris will be covered by Flynn or Fulton I'd imagine.

Flem274*

123/5
Possible squads? The squad I want named below consists of 14 bowlers, 14 batsmen, 1 main allrounder and one keeper, just to make it easier to pick.

Wicketkeeper

Brendan McCullum

Main Allrounder

Grant Elliott

Batsmen

Jesse Ryder
Jamie How
Ross Taylor
Peter Fulton
Daniel Flynn
Martin Guptill
Greg Hay
Neil Broom
Bradley Watling
Neil Parlane
Shannon Stewart
Greg Todd
Aaron Redmond
Rob Nicol

Bowlers

Daniel Vettori
Kyle Mills
Tim Southee
James Franklin
Jeetan Patel
Mark Gillespie
Michael Mason
Brent Arnel
Brandon Hiini
Leighton Burtt
Bradley Scott
Iain O'Brien
Chris Martin
Robbie Schaw

Final Squad

Brendan McCullum
Jesse Ryder
Jamie How
Ross Taylor
Peter Fulton
Daniel Flynn
Grant Elliott
James Franklin
Daniel Vettori
Kyle Mills
Tim Southee

Neil Broom
Martin Guptill (possibly Watling as he can wicketkeep as well)
Jeetan Patel
Michael Mason/Brent Arnel

Natman20

International Debutant
I don't think Franklin will be back for this tournament. He has hardly even bowled anything in the emerging players tourno let alone domestic cricket. Highly unlikely that he'd be the same standard eg. Tuffey. They also say Fulton is way out of whack atm, i personally would like to see him play..

My Squad (if oram and styris don't play):

Jesse Ryder
+Brendon McCullum
Jamie How
Ross Taylor
Greg Hay
Peter Fulton
Grant Elliott
Kyle Mills
*Daniel Vettori
Tim Southee
Michael Mason

reserves: J Patel, D Flynn, B Scott, M Gillespie

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Can we chuck Corey Anderson in there if he gets player of the tournament in emerging players? We need another backup all rounder to G elliott

Natman20

International Debutant
Can we chuck Corey Anderson in there if he gets player of the tournament in emerging players? We need another backup all rounder to G elliott
His batting is good but his bowling still needs work by the looks of it. He may be given a chance depending on how many players pull out though. It will be interesting.

Flem274*

123/5
No.

Too early. Big risk to take at this early stage of his development. He's not even a proven Canterbury First XI player yet. Ryder can back up Elliott.

Flem274*

123/5
NZ Players Association says they don't support the tour, surprise surprise. Will be interesting to see how this develops.

Nutter

U19 Debutant
Corey Anderson is 17 aye? Big promise, but too young. Still if all the top guys pull out, there's really nothing to lose... right?

Flem274*

123/5
When you average less than Shane Bond with the ball and you've had great influence in ODI victories I imagine you'd be pretty popular with the selectors.

Unless Ric Charlesworth is around, of course.

brockley

International Captain
Oops got his name wrong,justt call me a typical aussie :cool: .
The whole thing doesn't look good anyway,but neither does the icc kncokout trophy,hope it gets changed,altho srilanka is just as bad.