• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Championless Trophy? - stop the bs and go

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Proctor satisfied with security in Pakistan.

Seems to me that everyone that's actually been to Pakistan is satisfied with the situation. That includes Lawson, who maintained that the situation was good enough even when Australia first pulled out of their tour.
You err in the assumption that their actions will be swayed by logic and reason. If that were so, they would have toured before, or would have not toured the subcontinent at all.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
You err in the assumption that their actions will be swayed by logic and reason. If that were so, they would have toured before, or would have not toured the subcontinent at all.
If theres any chance Australia are gona play CT in pakistan then thats the only way. If people like procter and other foreigners who have visited pakistan recently dont make statements like these then there wont be a single percent chance of australia coming. You have to pressurise them to come not because its Australia, its becuase pakistan board will be in tatters like akram said. I dont give a sh*t anymore if australia wana come or not, i just care about a board which is being destroyed by countries not touring.

pasag

RTDAS
As far as I'm aware Australia have sent their head of security to go check it out, hopefully he'll come back with a good report. It's very important for everyone involved that this goes ahead and in Pakistan and also if Australia go, you'd imagine the other teams would follow suit.

FRAZ

International Captain
Proctor satisfied with security in Pakistan.

Seems to me that everyone that's actually been to Pakistan is satisfied with the situation. That includes Lawson, who maintained that the situation was good enough even when Australia first pulled out of their tour.
**** Procter if he is satisfied . Who cares ! Board is a ***** of a board which bows down to every one in the world . Players have been performing at their worst and they have no discipline what so ever on or off the field . Board has been a laughing stock through out the world of cricket. Who cares ? They don't have essential organs to challenge any bullying board etc . This is not the fault of Australians or any one else of the world but I believe it's the poor foreign policy and poor image and poor spokespersons of the board who just have no respect what so ever in the world and only those in Pakistan have been successful who had that pair of essential organs to answer any one in the world with a manly tone and who could tame down the ill disciplined dressing room and board members and provided the world cup too . Laid back p**sy a*s money mongers who just have no idea that the other representative of any this and that place in the world is talking or marking or taunting or what so ever . They can't pick up the usual sarcastic and masterish tone and they just lay back and become slaves of orders and just can't break the face or even talk out the situation along with a demand of respect and honor . Such people have no right to live in the world because cowards are always de graded and disgraced in the history of this planet .
Don't blame any other country but I blame the board and the governement of Pakistan who have made situations such that other countries just deny going there to play .

Last edited:

godofcricket

State 12th Man
**** Procter if he is satisfied . Who cares ! Board is a ***** of a board which bows down to every one in the world . Players have been performing at their worst and they have no discipline what so ever on or off the field . Board has been a laughing stock through out the world of cricket. Who cares ? They don't have essential organs to challenge any bullying board etc . This is not the fault of Australians or any one else of the world but I believe it's the poor foreign policy and poor image and poor spokespersons of the board who just have no respect what so ever in the world and only those in Pakistan have been successful who had that pair of essential organs to answer any one in the world with a manly tone and who could tame down the ill disciplined dressing room and board members and provided the world cup too . Laid back p**sy a*s money mongers who just have no idea that the other representative of any this and that place in the world is talking or marking or taunting or what so ever . They can't pick up the usual sarcastic and masterish tone and they just lay back and become slaves of orders and just can't break the face or even talk out the situation along with a demand of respect and honor . Such people have no right to live in the world because cowards are always de graded and disgraced in the history of this planet .
Don't blame any other country but I blame the board and the governement of Pakistan who have made situations such that other countries just deny going there to play .
You could go on such details forever because our cricket board is run by politicians, so you cant really blame the board for everything. Its not like our board is elected. I didnt wana go into details of our board becuase that would lead to all the politics behind it.

Laurrz

International Debutant
KARACHI:
"I think the Australians have double standards," Wasim said. "They played in England despite blasts in London in 2005 and four Australians were willing to play in India despite blasts in Jaipur last month."
I'm not really sure how you can compare England to Pakistan?
and those 4 players from Jaipur are irrelevent as they arent in the Aussie team and whos to say they wouldn't go if it wasnt for money... it was so predictable that after the Jaipur bombs that someone would say this
"How can they create an opinion by sitting there in Australia? They said they don't want to come and (are) also trying to influence other teams. I am sorry, they are willing to play anywhere if they get money," he said.
i dont think its fair to say that we are influencing other players to not tour, is it not possible other players also dont want to risk their life..

FRAZ

International Captain
You could go on such details forever because our cricket board is run by politicians, so you cant really blame the board for everything. Its not like our board is elected. I didnt wana go into details of our board becuase that would lead to all the politics behind it.
Who should I blame then ?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Does anyone know that if the tournament is moved, whether it will still be in September?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
i dont think its fair to say that we are influencing other players to not tour, is it not possible other players also dont want to risk their life..
Well the problem is that people are propagating the belief that it would be risking your life if you play in Pakistan after bombs go off, but not in England if bombs go off, or in Jaipur if bombs go off.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Does anyone know that if the tournament is moved, whether it will still be in September?
They surely can't completely reschudule? Not with so many other commitments in place from so many other teams.

If it's moved elsewhere, it'll have to be somewhere which can keep near enough the exact same schedule. Else, it's cancellation time.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Imagine a world where they cancelled the Champions Trophy - the mind boggles trying to comprehend how we'd all get on with our lives. It would be like if the WWE did away with the Intercontinental Belt.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Well the problem is that people are propagating the belief that it would be risking your life if you play in Pakistan after bombs go off, but not in England if bombs go off, or in Jaipur if bombs go off.
tbh, probably more chance of more bombs going off in Pakistan than the UK.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Who should I blame then ?
I agreed somewhat when australia refused to tour in march but now its getting annoying, its just like PCB have got a habbit of taking the piss from countries not wanting to come and then not doing anything about it. This is one example then another example is the shoaib/asif saga, if they had taken a big stand a couple of years ago then atleast i would have had some amount of respect for them. But if it happens to a big player (shoaib, asif) or similarly in cricketing terms a country which is powerful (Australia) then they just sit and listen to them like if it was a order. A similar situation is with our government who elects this board. So thats the thing i was talking about, most decisions taken are not actually taken by our board but the politicians. Our board is powerless in terms of desicion making, thats the only reason why Imran refused to become the chairman.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Imagine a world where they cancelled the Champions Trophy - the mind boggles trying to comprehend how we'd all get on with our lives. It would be like if the WWE did away with the Intercontinental Belt.
It'd be so much better if they cancelled all Twenty20 Internationals.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
tbh, probably more chance of more bombs going off in Pakistan than the UK.
More chance of a double-decker bus crashing into us in the UK than Pakistan too.

(Don't know if you're a Smiths fan as much as a Beatles one BTW - if you're not you won't get that reference :p)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Presumably that opinion arises due to Pakistan having no semblance of control.

Pakistan’s hopes of hosting the Champions Trophy are probably further in doubt now after their state security was accused of having a hand in today’s embassy bombing in Afghanistan. So coupled with mass civil unrest, ungovernable tribal areas, frequent metropolitan terrorist attacks; war in Waziristan, Pakistan now stands accused of sponsoring terrorism.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Presumably that opinion arises due to Pakistan having no semblance of control.

Pakistan’s hopes of hosting the Champions Trophy are probably further in doubt now after their state security was accused of having a hand in today’s embassy bombing in Afghanistan. So coupled with mass civil unrest, ungovernable tribal areas, frequent metropolitan terrorist attacks; war in Waziristan, Pakistan now stands accused of sponsoring terrorism.
The outlandish back-and-forth statements that arise after such bombings between Afghanistan and Pakistan are nothing new. The governments of Pakistan and Afghanistan do not like each other and have deep mistrust of the other. I can detail the history and cause, but this is probably not the right forum for that. I would expect that a proper security delegation would not make up their minds after reading newspaper clippings, but actually investigating any perceived threat to the visiting teams. I still maintain that such a threat does not exist, as evidenced by the successful completion of the Asia Cup (and of incident-free tours by England, South Africa, West Indies, India, and Sri Lanka in the recent past).

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
The outlandish back-and-forth statements that arise after such bombings between Afghanistan and Pakistan are nothing new. The governments of Pakistan and Afghanistan do not like each other and have deep mistrust of the other. I can detail the history and cause, but this is probably not the right forum for that. I would expect that a proper security delegation would not make up their minds after reading newspaper clippings, but actually investigating any perceived threat to the visiting teams. I still maintain that such a threat does not exist, as evidenced by the successful completion of the Asia Cup (and of incident-free tours by England, South Africa, West Indies, India, and Sri Lanka in the recent past).
That's a fair point but there is more than tentative suggestions for sometime now that the Pakistani military are 'assisting' the Taliban.

In regard to hosting the tournament I think what will disturb the ICC the most is when Pakistani police openly admit they can't guarantee players safety which they did only a few months ago - opting instead to outsource their security in an effort to provide more protection.