Cricket Player Manager
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Championless Trophy? - stop the bs and go

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    I do understand some concern on the parts of the teams, being relatively famous foreigners in a rather volatile country. Yet with the protection provided and the relative public approval of cricket (hardly would be seen as intruders by anyone) and its playing in Pakistan its hard to see why Aus would back out other than a more political gesture against the Pakistani government. Arguments suggesting that the Aussie team is afraid to go because of the food or Pakistan playing conditions is ridiculous, as in all likely hood they would win.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

School Boy/Girl Cricketer MrHat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    As for the cricketers I'm going by what was said by some (Stuart Clark etc) on the situation with their previous abandonment there.

And I agree that just because there hasn't been a precedent that you should rule it out, but no-one seems to be taking into account the Presidential level security that has been offered to the teams,which should be enough for anyone surely?
    The Presidential security offer started lacking cred when Bhutto was shot. I am not saying that is totally right, but you can understand how that incident caused concern. If they couldn't protect just her how can a team of 20 blokes be safe. There are legitimate concerns that noone is untouchable in Pakistan, whatever the security

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHat View Post
    The Presidential security offer started lacking cred when Bhutto was shot. I am not saying that is totally right, but you can understand how that incident caused concern. If they couldn't protect just her how can a team of 20 blokes be safe. There are legitimate concerns that noone is untouchable in Pakistan, whatever the security
    If someone wanted to do something, they could do it in any country. The fact is, other countries have been touring Pakistan. And in any case, why did they play in Guwahati in India when the warnings are exactly the same from Australia's own agencies as they are in Pakistan?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    I'd like to see them play in medieval armour with jousting sticks. And when the opposition batsman comes creaking to the crease someone in the Australian slips cordon would say 'Jousting sticks...what's he askin'...and the batsmen would go '$250'...and the slips could would all say in unison 'Tell him he's dreamin'.

I'd be sitting on the lounge at home with tears running down my face and wet pants.
    When you're done pass the dutch over this way please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

A politically fueled assassination is quite different from what the Australian cricket team faces, the biggest fear would be a terrorist bombing at a cricket ground. While Pakistan is certainly not the safest country in the world the Australian cricket team would still be highly unlikely targets of any harm or conflict, regardless of security.

I reckon this is politically motivated.

It's not like Pakistan is the only place in the world political assasinations have happened though.

And the level of security being given here is different, she was killed leaving a public rally, while here they're talking about closing off the entire road from the stadiums to the hotels and booking out entire hotels for just players and the army who'll accompany them everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    If someone wanted to do something, they could do it in any country. The fact is, other countries have been touring Pakistan. And in any case, why did they play in Guwahati in India when the warnings are exactly the same from Australia's own agencies as they are in Pakistan?
    Yes, I can't speak spec on that place, but if someone did do something it would be more likely to take place in Pakistan. I'd assume it'd be much more difficult to conduct an operation like that in India rather than your home country. The fact that it hasn't happened yet isn't a garauntee that it won't.

Yes, I can't speak spec on that place, but if someone did do something it would be more likely to take place in Pakistan. I'd assume it'd be much more difficult to conduct an operation like that in India rather than your home country.
    Huh? Why would it? You realize the Indian parliament was attacked some time ago? The freaking Parliament.

The fact that it hasn't happened yet isn't a garauntee that it won't
    Yes, also in England, Australia, India......

Huh? Why would it? You realize the Indian parliament was attacked some time ago? The freaking Parliament.
    I am assuming things are alot tougher for militants to operate under the watchful eye of the Indians, rather than back home where you are in your element. Of course attacks have happened and they can't all be stopped (proabably) but an incident is MORE LIKELY to occur in Pakistan. And I'm not sure Kashmiri terrorists would worry about Aussies in India they have nothing to do with their problems.

Yes, also in England, Australia, India......
    Last edited by MrHat; 23-06-2008 at 09:34 AM.

I am assuming things are alot tougher for militants to operate under the watchful eye of the Indians,
    That's just funny, and you'd be dissuaded of that notion quite quickly if you lived or followed Indian news.

And I'm not sure Kashmiri terrorists would worry about Aussies in India they have nothing to do with their problems.
    It's pretty much the same people.

rather than back home where you are in your element. Of course attacks have happened and they can't all be stopped (proabably) but an incident is MORE LIKELY to occur in Pakistan.
    I'd assume it'd be much more difficult to conduct an operation like that in India rather than your home country.
    Haha, what are you on about? Many terrorists are home grown in India. Have you seen the demographics in India?

MrHat for future reference:

[ quote ] content [ /quote ] is the tool you use to split up another persons reply. (without the spaces)

Also...

AWTA means agree with the above. DWTA disagree.
    Don't ever argue with Richard, Murali vs. Warne is not worth the trouble and don't support Australia if you want friends from anywhere else.

Enjoy your time here.

That's just funny, and you'd be dissuaded of that notion quite quickly if you lived or followed Indian news.
    i'd be more confident in Indian security than Pakistani security. I am not getting nasty or trying to slur Pakistani's but I am just saying things are more difficult there

It's pretty much the same people.

Haha, what are you on about? Many terrorists are home grown in India. Have you seen the demographics in India?
    Yes I know its diverse. I still think they are less likely to poke their heads up because Kashmir is their issue and their goal
    Last edited by MrHat; 23-06-2008 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    MrHat for future reference:

[ quote ] content [ /quote ] is the tool you use to split up another persons reply. (without the spaces)

Also...

AWTA means agree with the above. DWTA disagree.
    Don't ever argue with Richard, Murali vs. Warne is not worth the trouble and don't support Australia if you want friends from anywhere else.

Enjoy your time here.
    Thankyou I will get it eventually

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    i'd be more confident in Indian security than Pakistani security. I am not getting nasty or trying to slur Pakistani's but I am just saying things are more difficult there

the same security who once shot dead their on prime minister ????
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by biased indian View Post
    the same security who once shot dead their on prime minister ????
    Again its a matter of degree, if that happened recently it would impact Australia's decision to go for sure.

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information