Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Championless Trophy? - stop the bs and go

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Keep it in Pakistan, if you don't want to go, don't go. I'm not getting into this one again . My opinions are clear.
    AWTA.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
    Or just make every game a day/nighter. How would that work for the TV in India, time wise?
    That was kinda what I meant TBH. Though we both know how cold it routinely is at 10PM on an October evening.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

I'm really too frustrated to say much on the issue. I'll just echo those that say the tournament should be staged in Pakistan. Those that want to come play, great! Those that don't, well I'd rather not say what I truly feel about them.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer MrHat's Avatar
    How come many Asian people criticising the Aussies live in America. Hypocrits. If your going to criticise Aussies for not wanting to go to Pakistan you're arguement is not helped by the fact that you or your parents travelled across the world to get away from Pakistan
    Last edited by MrHat; 20-06-2008 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHat View Post
    How come many Asian people criticising the Aussies live in America. Hypocrits. If your going to criticise Aussies for not wanting to go to Pakistan you're arguement is not helped by the fact that you or your parents travelled across the world to get away from Pakistan
    That is probably the most idiotic comment I have ever read on Cricket Web - and that's saying something.

Wow. Seriously something has to be done about this poster, been making comments like this from the moment he arrived.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
    Surely if England are willing to tour Pakistan, and lets face it we're surely the biggest target of any team given the current international climate, then i really cant see why the other 'Western' teams cant also tour.
    India are probably the biggest target in Pakistan, considering the history and Kashmir. But after that, it would be the English, no doubt. Both India and England have been very good about touring Pakistan though. Personally, it astonishes me how Pakistan put up with it, they should refuse to tour the countries that pretty much have said they won't tour Pakistan (through actions if not words). Especially as there are other countries who go to Pakistan just fine.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 20-06-2008 at 10:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

First Class Debutant
    U mean people live/work abroad because of the security reasons at their home country

School Boy/Girl Captain
    this is the dumbest thing i think i have seen. just because asians move from their native countries does not in any way mean that we won't go back to visit our families/ sightsee in that country.

there was a bombing at a train station in my family's town (suburb of mumbai) a few years ago, and that has no bearing on whether or not I go back to india. as a matter of fact, i will probably be going to india this winter, and will probably end up going to jaipur again to sightsee

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    India are probably the biggest target in Pakistan, considering the history and Kashmir. But after that, it would be the English, no doubt. Both India and England have been very good about touring Pakistan though. Personally, it astonishes me how Pakistan put up with it, they should refuse to tour the countries that pretty much have said they won't tour Pakistan (through actions if not words). Especially as there are other countries who go to Pakistan just fine.
    Wouldnt solve anything

Firstly, Pakistan needs the money that comes from touring a country like Australia and secondly there's evidence the game's population is waning in Pak as well. Limit games to the usual suspects and even more people would turn off

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Firstly, Pakistan needs the money that comes from touring a country like Australia and secondly there's evidence the game's population is waning in Pak as well. Limit games to the usual suspects and even more people would turn off
    No one goes to Test cricket anyway, before or now. I am not sure its about the money because the ECB offered a substantial sum to play elsewhere and they've refused in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Wow. Seriously something has to be done about this poster, been making comments like this from the moment he arrived.
    Something has to be done about the Aussie bashing around here, been so since I've arrived.

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Examples please.

How about the thread title for starters.

How about the thread title for starters.
    Absolute rubbish.

You had better stop spouting idiotic rubbish, because judging by the manner that you've posted so far, you're not wanted here.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information