Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Championless Trophy? - stop the bs and go

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    Quite a fall from grace for Hopes there...
    Yeah its tough really - lots of talent for us hmm... maybe Hopes and D Hussey fight it out

just dont think we need two allrounders in the team and have stuck from that from the beginning..but two in the squad yea that will do

If Watto had played 200 ODIs and 50 Tests would he still be so ready to go? Anyways, I'm happy that guys like him would want to go and as I said, it should be a personal decision of every player to decide whether they want to go or not, not a group one. If that means fielding a second XI, so be it. Would still be a pretty good team anyways.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    I was in India at the time of the Jaipur blast and from what I saw people were more pissed off at Berry's comments about India rather than the supposed hypocrisy of the players wrt Pakistan. Heard very little criticising of the players from people at work etc.
    What did Berry say?

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    What did Berry say?
    Paraphrasing but he said something along the lines of "My family and I aren't impressed with this country." Rubbed quite a few people the wrong way from memory.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    What did Berry say?
    Think he said his family was scared that he was in a place like that, or something. Pretty ill-advised of him to say something like that in the press, but to be fair he was stood where the bomb went off the day before or something.

Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    More than 50 million fans from Pakistan's different society groups wanna just stick to the television and watch the game. More than 70,000 fans wanna visit the stadiums to watch the game live and kids , old and young and women wanna watch the game plain and simple and they don't think about killing the players while enjoying watching the game and still ........
    Whoes victory is in not visiting and who is going to suffer ?
    What leaves me with all this categorization, who is not the member of made in Pakistan terror group ?
    With whom should I be having my sympathies then ?
    And why is any of that the Australian team's problem? If there's enough guys with the intent and capability to harm you, it doesn't matter how many people there are around who don't want to hurt you or would also be hurt in the process. On that point, the Aussie team should probably think about the likely collateral damage of any attack upon them if they went and such an attack happened. In nearly every major terrorist attack, more local bystanders have been killed than members of the actual target - so they're possibly doing the 70,000 fans in the stand a favour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatisRight View Post
    Thats the power of the media i guess. Look at how they made osama a hero during the soviet war when america needed help from afghanistan, now they made him a terrorist. Double standards everywhere. US, UK they never wanted anyone to live peacefully. Anyhwere. Why? so that these people keep fighting within themselves.always interfered in everyones problem. I will give u one example, why did the british people never solved the kashmir issue when they left? they did manage to help us create a seperate muslim and a hindu state so why did they left this massive issue (kashmir) unsolved? The media in Uk, US is all a big piece of sh*t. Who is mainly suffering from the invasion of iraq and afghanistan? its the muslim countries becuase thats where most extermist are coming from. This world will never ever be peaceful.

I can go on and on about this but as this is a cricket chat forum will leave it at that.
    Well, that's not quite true, but we do have some standards...

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    so they're possibly doing the 70,000 fans in the stand a favour.
    How noble of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23212,00.html

No surprise really of the opinions of the players in there (Symonds, Watson, Clarke). Though I have to say, Clarke is a little more diplomatic than the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    How noble of them.
    Meh, I'm not saying that's why they're doing it, but it's a possible positive side effect

Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23212,00.html

No surprise really of the opinions of the players in there (Symonds, Watson, Clarke). Though I have to say, Clarke is a little more diplomatic than the other two.
    Would be interesting to hear Symonds if he gets traded to Jaipur. In any case, people have the right to their personal decision, and if they feel its unsafe, they should not go. I've no problems with individuals making that type of decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Meh, I'm not saying that's why they're doing it, but it's a possible positive side effect
    Right, I'm sure the Aussie administrators will start getting thank you cards anytime now from the Pakistani fans. Who wants to trust the people who live there their entire lives when it comes to discerning whether its safe to go watch a game or not? It's for their own good that this decision is being made for them.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Right, I'm sure the Aussie administrators will start getting thank you cards anytime now from the Pakistani fans. Who wants to trust the people who live there their entire lives when it comes to discerning whether its safe to go watch a game or not? It's for their own good that this decision is being made for them.
    Why trust people who have a clear and passionate interest in you going to make that decision for you, and who don't necessarily know what they're talking about? The Aussie government spends a lot of money on people to provide advice to its citizens, and this is what they've come up with - http://www.smarttraveller.gov.au/zw-...dvice/Pakistan. You mentioned India, compare that with what they say about India.

Now, obviously, the people who wrote that are just numpties who have a bias against Asia and are jumping at shadows. When that's what your government is putting out as travel advice, I think an employer is on pretty thin ice making someone go if they don't want to.
    Last edited by Matt79; 10-07-2008 at 06:51 AM.

Aussies have announced a 30 members squad for champions trophy. I think this debate must now come to and end.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79
    Now, obviously, the people who wrote that are just numpties who have a bias against Asia and are jumping at shadows. When that's what your government is putting out as travel advice, I think an employer is on pretty thin ice making someone go if they don't want to.
    Not what I said or implied. If they had a bias against Asia, they wouldn't go to India either. And Australia have played in places in India with the same travel warnings as they have in Pakistan.

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread Information