• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Championless Trophy? - stop the bs and go

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Watching some interviews on FSN here Michael Clarke was saying that they'll leave it up to CA, while Shane Watson says he'll go anywhere, even pakistan to play. Good man.
Hope if Aus pull out everyone doesn't jump on Shane Watson about staying in Jaipur then.

To be honest, I'd expect most of the young players to be quite happy to go, it'll be the older ones who are more reticent.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hope if Aus pull out everyone doesn't jump on Shane Watson about staying in Jaipur then.

To be honest, I'd expect most of the young players to be quite happy to go, it'll be the older ones who are more reticent.
I was in India at the time of the Jaipur blast and from what I saw people were more pissed off at Berry's comments about India rather than the supposed hypocrisy of the players wrt Pakistan. Heard very little criticising of the players from people at work etc.

Laurrz

International Debutant
8-) Look, I duno if you're 8, 18 or 80 but that's just a stupid, stupid post. Explain how they gain in popularity by not going to the CT in Pakistan. I'm really, really looking forward to hearing that argument, along with your reasons for saying their era of being champion is over.
Agreed - hate posts like that tbh

Laurrz

International Debutant
Oh 30 man squad has been named - including Tait... a ridiculous amount actually - would be a bit pointless

anyway they're wittling it down to 15

mine would be

Hayden
Watson
Ponting*
Clarke (vc)
Symonds
M Hussey
Haddin+
Lee
Johnson
Hauritz
Bracken
-----
Marsh
Clark
Ronchi+
D Hussey

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh 30 man squad has been named - including Tait... a ridiculous amount actually - would be a bit pointless

anyway they're wittling it down to 15

mine would be

Hayden
Watson
Ponting*
Clarke (vc)
Symonds
M Hussey
Haddin+
Lee
Johnson
Hauritz
Bracken
-----
Marsh
Clark
Ronchi+
D Hussey
Quite a fall from grace for Hopes there...

Laurrz

International Debutant
Quite a fall from grace for Hopes there...
Yeah its tough really - lots of talent for us hmm... maybe Hopes and D Hussey fight it out

just dont think we need two allrounders in the team and have stuck from that from the beginning..but two in the squad yea that will do

pasag

RTDAS
If Watto had played 200 ODIs and 50 Tests would he still be so ready to go? Anyways, I'm happy that guys like him would want to go and as I said, it should be a personal decision of every player to decide whether they want to go or not, not a group one. If that means fielding a second XI, so be it. Would still be a pretty good team anyways.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I was in India at the time of the Jaipur blast and from what I saw people were more pissed off at Berry's comments about India rather than the supposed hypocrisy of the players wrt Pakistan. Heard very little criticising of the players from people at work etc.
What did Berry say?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
What did Berry say?
Think he said his family was scared that he was in a place like that, or something. Pretty ill-advised of him to say something like that in the press, but to be fair he was stood where the bomb went off the day before or something.

Matt79

Global Moderator
More than 50 million fans from Pakistan's different society groups wanna just stick to the television and watch the game. More than 70,000 fans wanna visit the stadiums to watch the game live and kids , old and young and women wanna watch the game plain and simple and they don't think about killing the players while enjoying watching the game and still ........
Whoes victory is in not visiting and who is going to suffer ?
What leaves me with all this categorization, who is not the member of made in Pakistan terror group ?
With whom should I be having my sympathies then ?
And why is any of that the Australian team's problem? If there's enough guys with the intent and capability to harm you, it doesn't matter how many people there are around who don't want to hurt you or would also be hurt in the process. On that point, the Aussie team should probably think about the likely collateral damage of any attack upon them if they went and such an attack happened. In nearly every major terrorist attack, more local bystanders have been killed than members of the actual target - so they're possibly doing the 70,000 fans in the stand a favour.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Thats the power of the media i guess. Look at how they made osama a hero during the soviet war when america needed help from afghanistan, now they made him a terrorist. Double standards everywhere. US, UK they never wanted anyone to live peacefully. Anyhwere. Why? so that these people keep fighting within themselves.always interfered in everyones problem. I will give u one example, why did the british people never solved the kashmir issue when they left? they did manage to help us create a seperate muslim and a hindu state so why did they left this massive issue (kashmir) unsolved? The media in Uk, US is all a big piece of sh*t. Who is mainly suffering from the invasion of iraq and afghanistan? its the muslim countries becuase thats where most extermist are coming from. This world will never ever be peaceful.

I can go on and on about this but as this is a cricket chat forum will leave it at that.
Well, that's not quite true, but we do have some standards... :dry:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24000378-23212,00.html

No surprise really of the opinions of the players in there (Symonds, Watson, Clarke). Though I have to say, Clarke is a little more diplomatic than the other two. ;)
Would be interesting to hear Symonds if he gets traded to Jaipur. In any case, people have the right to their personal decision, and if they feel its unsafe, they should not go. I've no problems with individuals making that type of decision.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Meh, I'm not saying that's why they're doing it, but it's a possible positive side effect :dry:
Right, I'm sure the Aussie administrators will start getting thank you cards anytime now from the Pakistani fans. Who wants to trust the people who live there their entire lives when it comes to discerning whether its safe to go watch a game or not? It's for their own good that this decision is being made for them.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Right, I'm sure the Aussie administrators will start getting thank you cards anytime now from the Pakistani fans. Who wants to trust the people who live there their entire lives when it comes to discerning whether its safe to go watch a game or not? It's for their own good that this decision is being made for them.
Why trust people who have a clear and passionate interest in you going to make that decision for you, and who don't necessarily know what they're talking about? The Aussie government spends a lot of money on people to provide advice to its citizens, and this is what they've come up with - http://www.smarttraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice/Pakistan. You mentioned India, compare that with what they say about India.

Now, obviously, the people who wrote that are just numpties who have a bias against Asia and are jumping at shadows. When that's what your government is putting out as travel advice, I think an employer is on pretty thin ice making someone go if they don't want to.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Matt79 said:
Now, obviously, the people who wrote that are just numpties who have a bias against Asia and are jumping at shadows. When that's what your government is putting out as travel advice, I think an employer is on pretty thin ice making someone go if they don't want to.
Not what I said or implied. If they had a bias against Asia, they wouldn't go to India either. And Australia have played in places in India with the same travel warnings as they have in Pakistan.