Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 540

Thread: Championless Trophy? - stop the bs and go

  1. #166
    Hall of Fame Member Smudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Deep, deep south
    Posts
    16,667
    Why Fraz why?

  2. #167
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl:lsFJg/s
    Posts
    27,570
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    btw seriously why some ignorant people tend to mix up Afghanistan with Pakistan most of the times. They think all the people ride on donkeys in Karachi and Lahore for goodness sake .. I mean my ex-city's Porsche dealership set the world record of record sales in the first hour of opening .
    My God man ! seriously haha I remember once a girl showed me her computer and said you know what it is .. I swear to God it happened like 7-8 years ago when I moved from Lahore to Toronto . hahahaha ....
    And I replied OH MY GOD SO THIS IS COMPUTER ...... Then I sat on it and in search I typed jpg and showed her some cookies and some temporary internet jpg stored files from porno sites and she got so ****ing embarrassed.
    Exact same thing happened to me when I went to Australia.
    Direbirds FTW!

    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

  3. #168
    Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    15,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Exact same thing happened to me when I went to Australia.
    still remember logging on to a yahoo chat room on abt the sitcom, friends and one American girl in the room IMed me.. "INdia??? Do they have computers there????"
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

    Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.


    Check out this awesome e-fed:

    PWE Efed

  4. #169
    Global Moderator Matt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colll----ingggg---woooooodddd!!!!
    Posts
    17,426
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Not in India though.
    Disagree tbh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

    Is Cam White, Is Good.


  5. #170
    Global Moderator Matt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colll----ingggg---woooooodddd!!!!
    Posts
    17,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Suggestions that are coming out of Afghanistan. Again, if you look into the history of events here, it will become clear why there is such hostility between the present Afghanistan government and Pakistan. I will point to the fact that the United States effectively runs Afghanistan. The US has often accused Pakistan of not doing enough to go after terrorists (a point that is debatable but I digress), but has never accused Pakistanís army of direct involvement. If they (the US) thought that was the case, I can guarantee you more than mere accusations would be leveled at Pakistan.



    Iím not sure what youíre referring to here. From what I understand, Presidential level security has been offered to visiting teams, time and time again. The PCB has always guaranteed full security. In fact, they can say theyíve been pretty successful in that regard as no player has ever been hurt by a terrorist while touring Pakistan.
    Right, and remind me of how many assassination attempts have been made on Musharraf in recent years, and how close some of them came? Or how Benazir Bhutto's health is these days. I wouldn't find that offer particularly reassuring if I felt I was a likely target.

    And since when do we take the PCB seriously in anything it guarantees?

  6. #171
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Right, and remind me of how many assassination attempts have been made on Musharraf in recent years, and how close some of them came? Or how Benazir Bhutto's health is these days. I wouldn't find that offer particularly reassuring if I felt I was a likely target.

    And since when do we take the PCB seriously in anything it guarantees?
    Foreign players have never been targets and they have nothing to do with the locals attacking the locals . But anyways concern is a concern and it's definitely a matter of concern for other countries to think about the safety of their citizens traveling to any area like that in the world and they usually have cautions and precautions for their citizens and the matter is that those players are just like any other civilians in the eyes of the terrorists but the only difference is that the players have extra ordinary protection tbh . Why in the name of hell will the terrorists attack the players ?
    The army , politicians and the police etc are the usual targets and that's it . Innocent civilians have never been their direct targets . Embassies and other government level officials can become the targets but I don't think that I would like to attack just the players or officials (If I'll think like a good terrorist) .
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

  7. #172
    Global Moderator Matt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colll----ingggg---woooooodddd!!!!
    Posts
    17,426
    Pakistani groups have attempted to kill Australians in Australia and have a ongoing desire to target Australian interests. Australia and the UK are the only two cricketing nations that are considered members of the war of terror, so the fact that teams from other countries have been there without being targeted is pretty irrelevant itbt. Although, unless memory fails, the Kiwis nearly got caught in a blast anyway...

  8. #173
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Pakistani groups have attempted to kill Australians in Australia and have a ongoing desire to target Australian interests. Australia and the UK are the only two cricketing nations that are considered members of the war of terror, so the fact that teams from other countries have been there without being targeted is pretty irrelevant itbt. Although, unless memory fails, the Kiwis nearly got caught in a blast anyway...
    I don't think that any purely Pakistan's governement based group has done that . We can call it Pakistani if the representatives of the govt have done some thing likr that . Oh so it's the matter of just being a Pakistani and a definate bad guy ?
    All know that some Australians , Pakistanis too and some Americans too are part of terrorist AlQaeda so it's not just being a Pakistani issue it's just like being a bad common human issue .

  9. #174
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    Kiwis were not the targets I think . And yeah Tsunami has a chance to come too while playing in Windies .

  10. #175
    Global Moderator Matt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colll----ingggg---woooooodddd!!!!
    Posts
    17,426
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    Kiwis were not the targets I think . And yeah Tsunami has a chance to come too while playing in Windies .
    Still could have been killed.

  11. #176
    Global Moderator Matt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colll----ingggg---woooooodddd!!!!
    Posts
    17,426
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    I don't think that any purely Pakistan's governement based group has done that . We can call it Pakistani if the representatives of the govt have done some thing likr that . Oh so it's the matter of just being a Pakistani and a definate bad guy ?
    All know that some Australians , Pakistanis too and some Americans too are part of terrorist AlQaeda so it's not just being a Pakistani issue it's just like being a bad common human issue .
    Didn't say that its a solely Pakistani issue, but there are groups that are based, funded and who operate out of Pakistan and that are predominantly made up of Pakistanis - some of those are ones that have, or have attempted to conduct attacks targeting Aussies or other members of the coalition of the willing, and those are the groups I meant when I said "Pakistani groups", which I acknowledge was a slightly inaccurate phrasing.

  12. #177
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Didn't say that its a solely Pakistani issue, but there are groups that are based, funded and who operate out of Pakistan and that are predominantly made up of Pakistanis - some of those are ones that have, or have attempted to conduct attacks targeting Aussies or other members of the coalition of the willing, and those are the groups I meant when I said "Pakistani groups", which I acknowledge was a slightly inaccurate phrasing.
    More than 50 million fans from Pakistan's different society groups wanna just stick to the television and watch the game. More than 70,000 fans wanna visit the stadiums to watch the game live and kids , old and young and women wanna watch the game plain and simple and they don't think about killing the players while enjoying watching the game and still ........
    Whoes victory is in not visiting and who is going to suffer ?

  13. #178
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Didn't say that its a solely Pakistani issue, but there are groups that are based, funded and who operate out of Pakistan and that are predominantly made up of Pakistanis - some of those are ones that have, or have attempted to conduct attacks targeting Aussies or other members of the coalition of the willing, and those are the groups I meant when I said "Pakistani groups", which I acknowledge was a slightly inaccurate phrasing.
    What leaves me with all this categorization, who is not the member of made in Pakistan terror group ?

  14. #179
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    With whom should I be having my sympathies then ?

  15. #180
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHat View Post
    I'm not sure how? As a border dispute, the India - Pak issues are between each other and have nothing to do with the West. Pakistan clearly does has issues with the West so Aus has a right to be concerned..
    When did Musharraf declare the war on west ?
    For the dummies , Who is Pakistan's representative ? a. Alzarqawi b. Bin Laden c. Bush d. none of the above !!!!!!

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. O.k let's stop the digging.
    By cover drive man in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 07:47 AM
  2. Will the rain stop
    By chris.hinton in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 11:10 AM
  3. When does it stop being fun?
    By Goughy in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 03:32 AM
  4. I stop
    By kuifje in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2005, 01:19 PM
  5. Please!Stop it!(necessary to read)
    By Behlol in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 05:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •