Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 540

Thread: Championless Trophy? - stop the bs and go

  1. #151
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Does anyone know that if the tournament is moved, whether it will still be in September?
    They surely can't completely reschudule? Not with so many other commitments in place from so many other teams.

    If it's moved elsewhere, it'll have to be somewhere which can keep near enough the exact same schedule. Else, it's cancellation time.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

  2. #152
    Global Moderator Matt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colll----ingggg---woooooodddd!!!!
    Posts
    17,426
    Imagine a world where they cancelled the Champions Trophy - the mind boggles trying to comprehend how we'd all get on with our lives. It would be like if the WWE did away with the Intercontinental Belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

    Is Cam White, Is Good.

  3. #153
    Global Moderator Matt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colll----ingggg---woooooodddd!!!!
    Posts
    17,426
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Well the problem is that people are propagating the belief that it would be risking your life if you play in Pakistan after bombs go off, but not in England if bombs go off, or in Jaipur if bombs go off.
    tbh, probably more chance of more bombs going off in Pakistan than the UK.

  4. #154
    State 12th Man godofcricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    Who should I blame then ?
    I agreed somewhat when australia refused to tour in march but now its getting annoying, its just like PCB have got a habbit of taking the piss from countries not wanting to come and then not doing anything about it. This is one example then another example is the shoaib/asif saga, if they had taken a big stand a couple of years ago then atleast i would have had some amount of respect for them. But if it happens to a big player (shoaib, asif) or similarly in cricketing terms a country which is powerful (Australia) then they just sit and listen to them like if it was a order. A similar situation is with our government who elects this board. So thats the thing i was talking about, most decisions taken are not actually taken by our board but the politicians. Our board is powerless in terms of desicion making, thats the only reason why Imran refused to become the chairman.
    Wasim Akram: The most sKiLlFuL bowler in history!

    Mcgrath said he is fond of the genius "Akram would power through the crease and do whatever he wanted with the old and new ball"

    Allan Border "If I ever get a chance to be reborn as a cricketer, I would want to be Wasim"

    Richards, Tendulkar and Waugh described Akram as the most dangerous bowler they had ever faced.

    > > > Wasims Magic Delivery. Late Swing. Hatrick. < < <


  5. #155
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Imagine a world where they cancelled the Champions Trophy - the mind boggles trying to comprehend how we'd all get on with our lives. It would be like if the WWE did away with the Intercontinental Belt.
    It'd be so much better if they cancelled all Twenty20 Internationals.

  6. #156
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    tbh, probably more chance of more bombs going off in Pakistan than the UK.
    More chance of a double-decker bus crashing into us in the UK than Pakistan too.

    (Don't know if you're a Smiths fan as much as a Beatles one BTW - if you're not you won't get that reference )

  7. #157
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    tbh, probably more chance of more bombs going off in Pakistan than the UK.
    Not in India though.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing

  8. #158
    Hall of Fame Member TT Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    16,542
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Well the problem is that people are propagating the belief that it would be risking your life if you play in Pakistan after bombs go off, but not in England if bombs go off, or in Jaipur if bombs go off.
    Presumably that opinion arises due to Pakistan having no semblance of control.

    Pakistanís hopes of hosting the Champions Trophy are probably further in doubt now after their state security was accused of having a hand in todayís embassy bombing in Afghanistan. So coupled with mass civil unrest, ungovernable tribal areas, frequent metropolitan terrorist attacks; war in Waziristan, Pakistan now stands accused of sponsoring terrorism.

  9. #159
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,306
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Presumably that opinion arises due to Pakistan having no semblance of control.

    Pakistanís hopes of hosting the Champions Trophy are probably further in doubt now after their state security was accused of having a hand in todayís embassy bombing in Afghanistan. So coupled with mass civil unrest, ungovernable tribal areas, frequent metropolitan terrorist attacks; war in Waziristan, Pakistan now stands accused of sponsoring terrorism.
    The outlandish back-and-forth statements that arise after such bombings between Afghanistan and Pakistan are nothing new. The governments of Pakistan and Afghanistan do not like each other and have deep mistrust of the other. I can detail the history and cause, but this is probably not the right forum for that. I would expect that a proper security delegation would not make up their minds after reading newspaper clippings, but actually investigating any perceived threat to the visiting teams. I still maintain that such a threat does not exist, as evidenced by the successful completion of the Asia Cup (and of incident-free tours by England, South Africa, West Indies, India, and Sri Lanka in the recent past).

  10. #160
    Hall of Fame Member TT Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    16,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    The outlandish back-and-forth statements that arise after such bombings between Afghanistan and Pakistan are nothing new. The governments of Pakistan and Afghanistan do not like each other and have deep mistrust of the other. I can detail the history and cause, but this is probably not the right forum for that. I would expect that a proper security delegation would not make up their minds after reading newspaper clippings, but actually investigating any perceived threat to the visiting teams. I still maintain that such a threat does not exist, as evidenced by the successful completion of the Asia Cup (and of incident-free tours by England, South Africa, West Indies, India, and Sri Lanka in the recent past).
    That's a fair point but there is more than tentative suggestions for sometime now that the Pakistani military are 'assisting' the Taliban.

    In regard to hosting the tournament I think what will disturb the ICC the most is when Pakistani police openly admit they can't guarantee players safety which they did only a few months ago - opting instead to outsource their security in an effort to provide more protection.

  11. #161
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,306
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    That's a fair point but there is more than tentative suggestions for sometime now that the Pakistani military are 'assisting' the Taliban.
    Suggestions that are coming out of Afghanistan. Again, if you look into the history of events here, it will become clear why there is such hostility between the present Afghanistan government and Pakistan. I will point to the fact that the United States effectively runs Afghanistan. The US has often accused Pakistan of not doing enough to go after terrorists (a point that is debatable but I digress), but has never accused Pakistanís army of direct involvement. If they (the US) thought that was the case, I can guarantee you more than mere accusations would be leveled at Pakistan.

    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    In regard to hosting the tournament I think what will disturb the ICC the most is when Pakistani police openly admit they can't guarantee players safety which they did only a few months ago - opting instead to outsource their security in an effort to provide more protection.
    Iím not sure what youíre referring to here. From what I understand, Presidential level security has been offered to visiting teams, time and time again. The PCB has always guaranteed full security. In fact, they can say theyíve been pretty successful in that regard as no player has ever been hurt by a terrorist while touring Pakistan.

  12. #162
    Hall of Fame Member TT Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    16,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Suggestions that are coming out of Afghanistan. Again, if you look into the history of events here, it will become clear why there is such hostility between the present Afghanistan government and Pakistan. I will point to the fact that the United States effectively runs Afghanistan. The US has often accused Pakistan of not doing enough to go after terrorists (a point that is debatable but I digress), but has never accused Pakistanís army of direct involvement. If they (the US) thought that was the case, I can guarantee you more than mere accusations would be leveled at Pakistan.
    Its not just Afghanistan, there is jihadist sympathisers within the Pakistani military, evident in the revolt which occurred only a couple of years ago when the military protested against conflict with the Taliban in the North-West Frontier Province.

    But the US are not going to openly criticise Pakistan considering President Musharraf and his military dictatorship (despite certain elements within it) is the only thing that is protecting the country from the Mullahs and a disintegrated Pakistan, which the US donít want.

  13. #163
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Its not just Afghanistan, there is jihadist sympathisers within the Pakistani military, evident in the revolt which occurred only a couple of years ago when the military protested against conflict with the Taliban in the North-West Frontier Province.

    But the US are not going to openly criticise Pakistan considering President Musharraf and his military dictatorship (despite certain elements within it) is the only thing that is protecting the country from the Mullahs and a disintegrated Pakistan, which the US donít want.
    True . Actually these spoiled clowns from other rich Muslim countries when get deported from their own countries,tend to go to the remote areas like Afghanistan and that cursed and un-fortunate land has people who are already brain fed by their local mullahs and they just become fanatic recruits.
    Islam has nothing to do with that and they actually use their own version of Islam to get more and and more poor recruits for their own causes . Not religious though but I gotta admit that every thing is happening as was predicted and a war will tame every one down . And that war is knocking at our doors, no matter where in the world we are at .
    I don't blame any other country though and actually it's the poor planning and extra ridiculous human rights media rants which are hurdles in the way of current government who really wants to just pick all these rats and drown them some where near Antarctica.
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

  14. #164
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    Afghanistan is just like a dark door for Pakistan and any dark personality can enter in Pakistan . Although Pakistanis have done a lot for them and actually made a world record of holding and feeding the refugees from there but in return they are never praised by the Afghan population because they are brain fed for no apparent reason .

  15. #165
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    btw seriously why some ignorant people tend to mix up Afghanistan with Pakistan most of the times. They think all the people ride on donkeys in Karachi and Lahore for goodness sake .. I mean my ex-city's Porsche dealership set the world record of record sales in the first hour of opening .
    My God man ! seriously haha I remember once a girl showed me her computer and said you know what it is .. I swear to God it happened like 7-8 years ago when I moved from Lahore to Toronto . hahahaha ....
    And I replied OH MY GOD SO THIS IS COMPUTER ...... Then I sat on it and in search I typed jpg and showed her some cookies and some temporary internet jpg stored files from porno sites and she got so ****ing embarrassed.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. O.k let's stop the digging.
    By cover drive man in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 07:47 AM
  2. Will the rain stop
    By chris.hinton in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 11:10 AM
  3. When does it stop being fun?
    By Goughy in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 03:32 AM
  4. I stop
    By kuifje in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2005, 01:19 PM
  5. Please!Stop it!(necessary to read)
    By Behlol in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 05:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •