• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Championless Trophy? - stop the bs and go

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Money is the same for the CT tournament but why u ignoring all the money they would get from advertisements and probably sign some contract with big companies. They wont get much in pakistan....
ICC tournament

Boards get the endorsement money not the players

Face it, certain players and teams just dont want to go

WhatisRight

School Boy/Girl Captain
ICC tournament

Boards get the endorsement money not the players

Face it, certain players and teams just dont want to go
Its only australia who seem to always have this problem. NZ toured after a couple of years even when there was a bomb blast near the hotel where they were staying. England, SA, Sri Lanka, India....you name it they havent got such a big problem. Are australians really soo scared? I seriously cant believe PCB taking soo much liberties.

WhatisRight

School Boy/Girl Captain
btw seriously why some ignorant people tend to mix up Afghanistan with Pakistan most of the times. They think all the people ride on donkeys in Karachi and Lahore for goodness sake .. I mean my ex-city's Porsche dealership set the world record of record sales in the first hour of opening .
Thats the power of the media i guess. Look at how they made osama a hero during the soviet war when america needed help from afghanistan, now they made him a terrorist. Double standards everywhere. US, UK they never wanted anyone to live peacefully. Anyhwere. Why? so that these people keep fighting within themselves.always interfered in everyones problem. I will give u one example, why did the british people never solved the kashmir issue when they left? they did manage to help us create a seperate muslim and a hindu state so why did they left this massive issue (kashmir) unsolved? The media in Uk, US is all a big piece of sh*t. Who is mainly suffering from the invasion of iraq and afghanistan? its the muslim countries becuase thats where most extermist are coming from. This world will never ever be peaceful.

I can go on and on about this but as this is a cricket chat forum will leave it at that.

WhatisRight

School Boy/Girl Captain
Also its amazing how people in the west only think about extremism, terrorism and how muslim countries are not helping in the cause of a peaceful world and everything that the british and american army have done i.e. killed thousands and thousands of innocent civilians, lying about a threat being present in iraq (WOMD) got away with all of that and are still in iraq and afghanistan killing people. :laugh: WOW.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
US, UK they never wanted anyone to live peacefully. Anyhwere.
Honestly, it really does strain belief that there are people who believe this.

It might help, for starters, to get the idea that "the UK" and "the US" aren't one single person. There are different people - quite a lot of them - in both countries. And yes, a great many of these people would love little more than to see World peace.

WhatisRight

School Boy/Girl Captain
Honestly, it really does strain belief that there are people who believe this.

It might help, for starters, to get the idea that "the UK" and "the US" aren't one single person. There are different people - quite a lot of them - in both countries. And yes, a great many of these people would love little more than to see World peace.
Yeah am sorry. I meant the government. I have some really good friends based in UK, the people in general everywhere in this world want peace. I was talking politically....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's generally a good idea to avoid using language that makes it appear that you're stereotyping entire enormous groups of people based purely on their nationality.

I'm glad to hear you weren't doing such a thing, because it really is quite annoying to hear "you're from the UK so therefore you support some superiorist crap".

FRAZ

International Captain
Agreed !
Tota bing lee !!

FRAZ

International Captain
Inaccurate comparison. Musharraf and Bhutto were specific targets. In the case of Musharraf, he’s probably the biggest target in all of Pakistan. As for Bhutto, she would still be alive (just like Musharraf), if she had followed the advice of the security provided to her. She was campaigning in an open area that could not be fully secured, and where a previous high-profile assassination had taken place already. Frankly, it was utter stupidity for her to go there in the first place. She could’ve easily campaigned from more secure locations, or just through the media (which was covering her every move, hence giving her unprecedented face time at the expense of the other candidates).

The foreign cricket teams have never been targeted in Pakistan. AFAIK, Ponting or the other players have no desire to become PM of Pakistan so they will not be attending political rallies. The teams will be staying in secure locations, where no random person will be allowed near them. Your quote about PCB’s guarantee not amounting to much is also misleading. It is the government of Pakistan that is guaranteeing the player’s safety, and they have a completely successful record in that regard. India (not the darlings of any extremists for sure) have toured many times without incident, as have England, South Africa, Sri Lanka and the Windies. How many successful tours must take place before Pakistan is deemed to be safe?
That's what I was trying to convey in my own language in like my 50 posts in this thread . Thanks for the translation Fusion !!!

Fusion

Global Moderator
That's what I was trying to convey in my own language in like my 50 posts in this thread . Thanks for the translation Fusion !!!
You're welcome Fraz, you're welcome. Alas I believe that my words, much like yours, are unsuccessful at convincing the doubters. :(

FRAZ

International Captain
Also its amazing how people in the west only think about extremism, terrorism and how muslim countries are not helping in the cause of a peaceful world and everything that the british and american army have done i.e. killed thousands and thousands of innocent civilians, lying about a threat being present in iraq (WOMD) got away with all of that and are still in iraq and afghanistan killing people. :laugh: WOW.
That's the conception in most of the people's brain but still as Richard said that we should be careful in expressing our opinions . Problem isn't U.S. over here or let's say even U.K. I don't think that U.K's government is a farce all together . I believe that they comprise of some very very very good individuals but they got some bad eggs too .
I admire U.S. for many reasons but in the mean time I don't agree with the free killing resulting in more and more terrorism and I also disagree with the U.S policy of ignoring the helpers and just using them for their own causes .
U.S.A always respects the people with some specialized skill and I just love U.S.A. for that and for me if there is a real paradise or let's say a land of opportunities in the world then it's U.S.A. They have the least amount of trash and racists (per capita ratio) . I have some white females in my family and I am so proud to have them in my family and they are not like the usual junky trash or racist Internet clowns and they are literate and they are my family and that's all I have to say . People are not the same but the shottable ugly sarcastic and racist bunch is all the same . And they are so few in number and the problem is that the sane portion of the society also doesn't give a **** about them and they are usually from bizarre families and are usually broke and they just try to impose their personal miseries upon others . And there are some other clowns too who are always socially active against only a certain object or let's say a country and haha they have a complex as if they are haha light skinned but they are not and they pretend to be one on Internet specially and one can assess their ugly faces and nature by their writings on different social issues .
People are not the same my friend .

FRAZ

International Captain
You're welcome Fraz, you're welcome. Alas I believe that my words, much like yours, are unsuccessful at convincing the doubters. :(
haha And this is the problem that they will never be convinced like there was a thread here and a guy or a shemale said that "stop producing ******** and world will stop pointing fingers " . He was warned by all my honorable CW staff over here but that ****** isn't changed or convinced and even if one will answer him with logic , he will wait and then try some thing new at some other incident .
Damn man they are all the same (I mean bad eggs ).

Last edited:

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
Thats the power of the media i guess. Look at how they made osama a hero during the soviet war when america needed help from afghanistan, now they made him a terrorist. Double standards everywhere.
OBL was never a "hero" during the Afghan war, he was a minor mujahadeen, I doubt if he was even on the CIA's radar until the embassy bombings in 1998.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
OBL was never a "hero" during the Afghan war, he was a minor mujahadeen, I doubt if he was even on the CIA's radar until the embassy bombings in 1998.
Have absolutely nothing to add to this but would like to point out that mujahideen is plural, mujahid is what you're looking for. Also, please don't insult mujahideen throughout the history of Islam by calling him one (though I suppose it doesn't help that the majority does call him that). Could also say that calling him a mujahid is akin to calling him a hero.

Last edited:

duffer

Watching some interviews on FSN here Michael Clarke was saying that they'll leave it up to CA, while Shane Watson says he'll go anywhere, even pakistan to play. Good man.

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
Have absolutely nothing to add to this but would like to point out that mujahideen is plural, mujahid is what you're looking for. Also, please don't insult mujahideen throughout the history of Islam by calling him one (though I suppose it doesn't help that the majority does call him that). Could also say that calling him a mujahid is akin to calling him a hero.
You're right (I don't know about the specifics of arabic grammar), but his assertation was that the US made Osama a hero. Which is false.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just show some money to Aussies, they would be available to play even in hell. Another thing, their era of being the champion is over. Now they need such scandals to gain the popularity.
8-) Look, I duno if you're 8, 18 or 80 but that's just a stupid, stupid post. Explain how they gain in popularity by not going to the CT in Pakistan. I'm really, really looking forward to hearing that argument, along with your reasons for saying their era of being champion is over.
Throw some money for these characterless Aussies, they all would be playing domestic cricket in Pakistan.
Which is why the likes of Johnson, Haddin and Clarke didn't go to the IPL right?
Sri Lanka is the most vulnerable place tbh. By the way all the Aussies would be available to play even in Afghanistan if some good money is offered.:laugh:
Wish you'd go and play in Kandihar, tbh.
Conduct an IPL type of tournament in Pakistan, they all would be in Pakistan.:laugh:
Its only australia who seem to always have this problem. NZ toured after a couple of years even when there was a bomb blast near the hotel where they were staying. England, SA, Sri Lanka, India....you name it they havent got such a big problem. Are australians really soo scared? I seriously cant believe PCB taking soo much liberties.
Australia has missed it's past two tours to Pakistan. IIRC the first was due not very long after the war in Afghanistan had started and there was a large level of instability in the region, combined with reports that a number of extremists were operating in and from Pakistan. Not saying those reports were right, just saying they were there. The last one was "deferred" owing to the violence around election time. It's all very well to say other countries toured at times which may not have been as troubled, but it's not apples and apples you're comparing if you do.
As for the crap in the above posts about throwing money at people and they'll play anywhere - the incumbent Aussie ODI captain knocked back playing in the recent IPL, as did Johnson and Haddin. Don't lumber everyone who refuses to go somewhere with the tag of a mercenary, it's odious. Likewsie, MacGill refused to tour Zimbabwe for political reasons. No doubt he'd have made a lot more $ had he gone.

Anyway, there are reports here that each of England, NZ and Australia (not sure about SA) are going to be relying on the same security fella's report on the situation in Pakistan before deciding whether to go or not. In the event that it comes back unfavourably, I have no doubt that balanced posters such as Aamir will treat everyone's refusal to play in exactly the same light - not.

duffer

8-) Look, I duno if you're 8, 18 or 80 but that's just a stupid, stupid post. Explain how they gain in popularity by not going to the CT in Pakistan. I'm really, really looking forward to hearing that argument, along with your reasons for saying their era of being champion is over.

Which is why the likes of Johnson, Haddin and Clarke didn't go to the IPL right?

Wish you'd go and play in Kandihar, tbh.

Australia has missed it's past two tours to Pakistan. IIRC the first was due not very long after the war in Afghanistan had started and there was a large level of instability in the region, combined with reports that a number of extremists were operating in and from Pakistan. Not saying those reports were right, just saying they were there. The last one was "deferred" owing to the violence around election time. It's all very well to say other countries toured at times which may not have been as troubled, but it's not apples and apples you're comparing if you do.
As for the crap in the above posts about throwing money at people and they'll play anywhere - the incumbent Aussie ODI captain knocked back playing in the recent IPL, as did Johnson and Haddin. Don't lumber everyone who refuses to go somewhere with the tag of a mercenary, it's odious. Likewsie, MacGill refused to tour Zimbabwe for political reasons. No doubt he'd have made a lot more $ had he gone.

Anyway, there are reports here that each of England, NZ and Australia (not sure about SA) are going to be relying on the same security fella's report on the situation in Pakistan before deciding whether to go or not. In the event that it comes back unfavourably, I have no doubt that balanced posters such as Aamir will treat everyone's refusal to play in exactly the same light - not.
Dunno why you bothered responding to all that.