Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Championless Trophy? - stop the bs and go

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    We dont play International Cricket in Kashmir because of politics.
    what else did i say ???
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Banned

Wasim blasts Australia for double standards

KARACHI: Pakistan bowling legend Wasim Akram accused Australia on Wednesday of having "double standards" on security and said they must tour Pakistan to play Champions Trophy.

Players from Australia, New Zealand and England have raised concerns over security in the troubled Islamic republic despite an all-clear from the International Cricket Council (ICC).

"I think the Australians have double standards," Wasim said. "They played in England despite blasts in London in 2005 and four Australians were willing to play in India despite blasts in Jaipur last month."

The ICC board in a meeting starting on June 29 in Dubai will discuss an independent security assessment on the situation in Pakistan before taking a final decision on the Champions Trophy.

Australian captain Ricky Ponting last week said his side and others still had security concerns about Pakistan, and Australia were undecided about competing in the Champions Trophy.

Australia earlier this year postponed a Test and One-day tour of Pakistan over security fears sparked in the wake of a series of blasts -- a decision Wasim believed was justified.

"I was in Australia at that time and backed their decision because the news we were getting at that time was not conducive for cricket, but nothing is happening now and they themselves rescheduled the tour after getting assurances," said Wasim, who played 104 Tests for Pakistan.

Australia set new dates for a One-day tour in 2009 and a Test tour in 2010 following an improvement in security after February's general elections in Pakistan.

Wasim accused the Australians of influencing other nations to boycott September's Champions Trophy.

"How can they create an opinion by sitting there in Australia? They said they don't want to come and (are) also trying to influence other teams. I am sorry, they are willing to play anywhere if they get money," he said.

Wasim said if Australia do not turn up, they should be fined by the ICC and action should be taken against them.
    The Pakistan Cricket Board last week said it had made arrangements normally reserved for heads of state for the Trophy.

Wasim also lashed out at Tim May, the chief executive of the Federation of International Cricketers' Associations, for generating doubts over security in Pakistan.

Wasim said the Asian bloc, especially India, must support Pakistan. "India have been supportive to Pakistan's cause, they have sent a team for the (ongoing) Asia Cup, so Asia must devise a system to help Pakistan and ensure that the Trophy is held here," he said.

"Pakistan cannot afford teams pulling out at the last minute, it will destroy Pakistan cricket."

Source : IndiaTimes

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Merge again I guess.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    From what I read on Fox Sports a few weeks ago, there's a great chance of the Champions Trophy being moved to England which is the backup country for the tournament.
    Eventualy that may happen I am afraid !
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

well said by wasim.. i agree with most of his points.

Proctor satisfied with security in Pakistan.

Seems to me that everyone that's actually been to Pakistan is satisfied with the situation. That includes Lawson, who maintained that the situation was good enough even when Australia first pulled out of their tour.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post

Seems to me that everyone that's actually been to Pakistan is satisfied with the situation. That includes Lawson, who maintained that the situation was good enough even when Australia first pulled out of their tour.
    You err in the assumption that their actions will be swayed by logic and reason. If that were so, they would have toured before, or would have not toured the subcontinent at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    You err in the assumption that their actions will be swayed by logic and reason. If that were so, they would have toured before, or would have not toured the subcontinent at all.
    If theres any chance Australia are gona play CT in pakistan then thats the only way. If people like procter and other foreigners who have visited pakistan recently dont make statements like these then there wont be a single percent chance of australia coming. You have to pressurise them to come not because its Australia, its becuase pakistan board will be in tatters like akram said. I dont give a sh*t anymore if australia wana come or not, i just care about a board which is being destroyed by countries not touring.
    Wasim Akram: The most sKiLlFuL bowler in history!

Mcgrath said he is fond of the genius "Akram would power through the crease and do whatever he wanted with the old and new ball"

Allan Border "If I ever get a chance to be reborn as a cricketer, I would want to be Wasim"

Richards, Tendulkar and Waugh described Akram as the most dangerous bowler they had ever faced.

> > > Wasims Magic Delivery. Late Swing. Hatrick. < < <

As far as I'm aware Australia have sent their head of security to go check it out, hopefully he'll come back with a good report. It's very important for everyone involved that this goes ahead and in Pakistan and also if Australia go, you'd imagine the other teams would follow suit.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post

**** Procter if he is satisfied . Who cares ! Board is a ***** of a board which bows down to every one in the world . Players have been performing at their worst and they have no discipline what so ever on or off the field . Board has been a laughing stock through out the world of cricket. Who cares ? They don't have essential organs to challenge any bullying board etc . This is not the fault of Australians or any one else of the world but I believe it's the poor foreign policy and poor image and poor spokespersons of the board who just have no respect what so ever in the world and only those in Pakistan have been successful who had that pair of essential organs to answer any one in the world with a manly tone and who could tame down the ill disciplined dressing room and board members and provided the world cup too . Laid back p**sy a*s money mongers who just have no idea that the other representative of any this and that place in the world is talking or marking or taunting or what so ever . They can't pick up the usual sarcastic and masterish tone and they just lay back and become slaves of orders and just can't break the face or even talk out the situation along with a demand of respect and honor . Such people have no right to live in the world because cowards are always de graded and disgraced in the history of this planet .
    Don't blame any other country but I blame the board and the governement of Pakistan who have made situations such that other countries just deny going there to play .
    Last edited by FRAZ; 28-06-2008 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    **** Procter if he is satisfied . Who cares ! Board is a ***** of a board which bows down to every one in the world . Players have been performing at their worst and they have no discipline what so ever on or off the field . Board has been a laughing stock through out the world of cricket. Who cares ? They don't have essential organs to challenge any bullying board etc . This is not the fault of Australians or any one else of the world but I believe it's the poor foreign policy and poor image and poor spokespersons of the board who just have no respect what so ever in the world and only those in Pakistan have been successful who had that pair of essential organs to answer any one in the world with a manly tone and who could tame down the ill disciplined dressing room and board members and provided the world cup too . Laid back p**sy a*s money mongers who just have no idea that the other representative of any this and that place in the world is talking or marking or taunting or what so ever . They can't pick up the usual sarcastic and masterish tone and they just lay back and become slaves of orders and just can't break the face or even talk out the situation along with a demand of respect and honor . Such people have no right to live in the world because cowards are always de graded and disgraced in the history of this planet .
    Don't blame any other country but I blame the board and the governement of Pakistan who have made situations such that other countries just deny going there to play .
    You could go on such details forever because our cricket board is run by politicians, so you cant really blame the board for everything. Its not like our board is elected. I didnt wana go into details of our board becuase that would lead to all the politics behind it.

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by itduzz View Post
    KARACHI:
    "I think the Australians have double standards," Wasim said. "They played in England despite blasts in London in 2005 and four Australians were willing to play in India despite blasts in Jaipur last month."
    I'm not really sure how you can compare England to Pakistan?
    and those 4 players from Jaipur are irrelevent as they arent in the Aussie team and whos to say they wouldn't go if it wasnt for money... it was so predictable that after the Jaipur bombs that someone would say this
    Quote Originally Posted by itduzz View Post
    "How can they create an opinion by sitting there in Australia? They said they don't want to come and (are) also trying to influence other teams. I am sorry, they are willing to play anywhere if they get money," he said.
    i dont think its fair to say that we are influencing other players to not tour, is it not possible other players also dont want to risk their life..

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by godofcricket View Post
    You could go on such details forever because our cricket board is run by politicians, so you cant really blame the board for everything. Its not like our board is elected. I didnt wana go into details of our board becuase that would lead to all the politics behind it.
    Who should I blame then ?

Does anyone know that if the tournament is moved, whether it will still be in September?

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurrz View Post
    i dont think its fair to say that we are influencing other players to not tour, is it not possible other players also dont want to risk their life..
    Well the problem is that people are propagating the belief that it would be risking your life if you play in Pakistan after bombs go off, but not in England if bombs go off, or in Jaipur if bombs go off.

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information