• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin reacts to the presentation

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Dravid said:
Navjot Singh just told his opinion to India TV news, and well....he was pretty upset, and angered at the Australians.
Well why not? i am pretty much sure ricky ponting knew who he was gesturing to, i know pawar looked like a complete idiot standing in the middle after he handed the trophy to them but it wasnt only how they pushed him away from the stage, i thougth ricky pontings gesture was extremely rude. Pawar deserves an apology from australians.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
No actually it is a big issue here. It shows disrespect and is something uncivilized and uneducated people would do.

You're insulting the head of the Indian cricket board. Someone should push Ponting out of the way, and see how he feels.

Anyways, whatever, what's done is done. The Aussie team have learned their lesson (Not to mess with Indian Media).

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
godofcricket said:
Well why not? i am pretty much sure ricky ponting knew who he was gesturing to, i know pawar looked like a complete idiot standing in the middle after he handed the trophy to them but it wasnt only how they pushed him away from the stage, i thougth ricky pontings gesture was extremely rude. Pawar deserves an apology from australians.
He certainly does deserve an appology. In fact, I am getting a bit annoyed of this ****y Australian team TBH, or maybe I am just mad they keep winning.

Hope they fall into a big slump! :laugh:

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Haha what a non entity, imagine getting offended by that??

Glad we haven't picked up some of the people from Youtube though

piece of **** cricketers....very 3rd class people....shows how cheap their mentally....crooks

Crikey...

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Turbinator said:
No actually it is a big issue here. It shows disrespect and is something uncivilized and uneducated people would do.

You're insulting the head of the Indian cricket board. Someone should push Ponting out of the way, and see how he feels.

Anyways, whatever, what's done is done. The Aussie team have learned their lesson (Not to mess with Indian Media).
Well just watched the video again and was surprised to see pawars reaction to the whole thing, it didnt seem to affect him.

Langeveldt

Soutie
godofcricket said:
Well just watched the video again and was surprised to see pawars reaction to the whole thing, it didnt seem to affect him.
he also said afterwards he didnt want to react to it.. So its like an almighty storm in a teacup without any tea in it

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Langeveldt said:
he also said afterwards he didnt want to react to it.. So its like an almighty storm in a teacup without any tea in it
Well thats really surprising, if someone disrespects u in such a way then u should take some sort of stand.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
godofcricket said:
Well thats really surprising, if someone disrespects u in such a way then u should take some sort of stand.
I think he was following Ramiz Raja's advice to stay kool!

Rajeev

U19 12th Man
Forget the shamless behaviour from the aussies

Their media has gone one step ahead

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20715825-2882,00.html

Read the paragraph below Bush's Picture

The champions return: Australian cricket captain Ricky Ponting and some of his players arrived back in Sydney with the ICC Champions Trophy today after their success in Italy. On the other side of the country, Damien Martyn landed in Perth and launched a verbal broadside at bowling legend Dennis Lillee. Picture: Phil Hillyard

adharcric

International Coach
The Aussies really look like a bunch of immature kids after looking at the YouTube clip, but Pawar was rather clueless as well. Whatever.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, I looked at video and kinda shocked to see what spoilt brats Ricky and his team were doing on the stage. Imagine the hysteria in the Aussie media if Sourav had done the same thing.

Kudos to Pawar for handling it so well.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Slow Love™ said:
I would urge anybody interested to view the youtube footage here.

I actually found it really funny. It was all good natured - Pawar was just standing there, frozen with the trophy, either like a deer in the headlights wondering where to go, or like "wow, they're all cheering ME - usually they're booing".

The Aussies seemed to find it amusing, and gently ushered him out from in front as he struggled to get out of the way. I would have laughed even more if it had been Malcolm Speed.

Perhaps there's a cultural misunderstanding involved (though I think some of the participants are looking for something to get inflamed about), but I think anyone looking at it (and it's notable to point out that Tendulkar didn't see it) that it was all a bit of fun and nothing hostile.
Sorry I disagree with your assessment. Media is definately blowing it out of proportion and giving it more attention that it deserves but they way Ponting/Martyn pushed Pawar, it didn't seem funny at all and I totally agree with Tendulkar's assessment of the situation. Although he didn't actually see the incident, I think he knew exactly what happened.

Also, how do you think Aussie media (and Messrs Ponting/Waugh) would have reacted If Sourav Ganguly had done the same thing to Alan Border at some award ceremony?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sanz said:
Sorry I disagree with your assessment. Media is definately blowing it out of proportion and giving it more attention that it deserves but they way Ponting/Martyn pushed Pawar, it didn't seem funny at all and I totally agree with Tendulkar's assessment of the situation. Although he didn't actually see the incident, I think he knew exactly what happened.

Also, how do you think Aussie media (and Messrs Ponting/Waugh) would have reacted If Sourav Ganguly had done the same thing to Alan Border at some award ceremony?
Haha yeah it'd be "****y Ganguly disrespecting a great Aussie... at least Border could play the short ball :ph34r: "

Then we'd have the showdown of Ganguly vs. Border in beach cricket. Would be massive.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Sanz said:

Well, they were laughing, and he appeared to take it in good humor.

Reversing the situation is kinda pointless, given that this is obviously something of a cultural difference (and I'm being a bit generous with that assessment, 'cause obviously there are Indians not offended by it at all). I imagined the situation reversed initially when I viewed the footage, and I couldn't see any difference, to be honest. The only exception I could think of would be if it involved somebody already intensely disliked in Australia, where the media would be looking to beat it up and make a bigger deal of it than it was. But that would still be the media's issue, rather than that of the people on stage. If it could have happened to our PM, it would have been perfect, but I would have found it funny if it had happened to someone like Richie Benaud too.