Cricket Player Manager
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Sachin reacts to the presentation

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Scmods's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravid
    Ask him. He was standing hardly 5 feet away from him.
    As I said, he just wanted it over quickly so he thought he'd cut out the middle man and just guide him. Easy, quick, no harm done.
    Ashes to Ashes
    Dust to Dust
    If Pidge doesn't get you
    Warney must

Quote Originally Posted by Scmods
    As I said, he just wanted it over quickly so he thought he'd cut out the middle man and just guide him. Easy, quick, no harm done.
    Apparently harm was done. You don't get what I'm trying to say. To you, that seems nothing, but putting your hand on someone that old and showing them the way is really disrespectful in India.

This whole thing is a joke, and I mean that literally.
    'It is hard to recall a batsman quite so serene, so unrushed, so unflappable.' Chris Ryan on ... look to the left. Ahhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravid
    Apparently harm was done. You don't get what I'm trying to say. To you, that seems nothing, but putting your hand on someone that old and showing them the way is really disrespectful in India.
    Yes, but the Australians may not have known that, and understanably.You can never know every nuance about another county's culture and way of life and after you just won a trophy and the dude is refusing to budge a gentle hand on the back to guide someone off the stand is reasonable. The Indian media should realise that – they blew this non-incident out of all proportion - it was totally irresponsible and petty reportage. Journalism at its worst. I’m beginning to lose respect for cricket in India – the way they run the game, their media apart from a select few who report mainly for cricinfo. I always thought they were cricket lovers but it appears they are Indian cricket lovers only.

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by burr
    Yes, but the Australians may not have known that, and understanably.You can never know every nuance about another county's culture and way of life and after you just won a trophy and the dude is refusing to budge a gentle hand on the back to guide someone off the stand is reasonable. The Indian media should realise that – they blew this non-incident out of all proportion - it was totally irresponsible and petty reportage. Journalism at its worst. I’m beginning to lose respect for cricket in India – the way they run the game, their media apart from a select few who report mainly for cricinfo. I always thought they were cricket lovers but it appears they are Indian cricket lovers only.
    No it isn't. They didn't appear to ask him to move, and whether it was a joke or not, it was disrespectful and that's why the players involved apologised for it. As for the rest of your rant...seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Okay I understand people don't know about other peoples culture. But if you don't know it, then don't call this a small matter and stupid because you don't know how other people feel. Just because you think its a joke, doesnt mean everyone else thinks its a joke.

I'm usually not this blunt, but such a post calls for it. Try not to make an idiotic post like this, ever again.
    Yes, but the Australians may not have known that, and understanably.You can never know every nuance about another county's culture and way of life
    Good point. They may have been unaware of this cultural nuance and that's why this isn't such a big deal. If they have any decency, though, they would still apologize if it offended someone, even if it was unintentional. Ponting and Martyn have both apologized so I'm proud of them. As for some of the posters on here, can't say quite the same.
    the dude is refusing to budge a gentle hand on the back to guide someone off the stand is reasonable.
    They could have asked him to make his way off the podium instead of "pushing" (yes, it was gentle but it wasn't a "tap on the shoulder" as some would pretend). Was it reasonable? Yes, perhaps, almost. Could it have been considerably better? Most definitely. No big deal though.
    The Indian media should realise that – they blew this non-incident out of all proportion - it was totally irresponsible and petty reportage. Journalism at its worst. I’m beginning to lose respect for cricket in India – the way they run the game, their media apart from a select few who report mainly for cricinfo. I always thought they were cricket lovers but it appears they are Indian cricket lovers only.
    First of all, just about every Indian cricket lover on CW absolutely abhors and ridicules that pathetic Indian media. Second, how does the media's bull**** reflect "cricket in India"? The media are not cricket lovers - they are trying to attract people, fool people and make money.
    One thing's for sure: if you really mean what you just said, I've definitely lost respect for you.

On a side note, let me say that I don't even care about this incident anymore because it wasn't a big deal to start with and both Ponting and Martyn have responded perfectly and resolved things with Pawar. The only problem I have right now is that certain posters continue to vomit rubbish.
    Last edited by adharcric; 11-11-2006 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Anti-catism is worse than anti-semitism in my book

I obviously didn't report the post btw, but your hatred towards cats disgusts me. Fair enough not liking them, but wanting to hunt them? Disturbing, you're like those people here in Aus who were burning them alive and whipping them into brick walls holding their tails.

Should be shot IMO.
    Agreed. When that case become public I felt so sick.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

I always thought they were cricket lovers but it appears they are Indian cricket lovers only.
    When someone believes something Sanjay Manjrekar says, its worrying.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    Hey, no one said anything about torturing them! That arrow would be quick. It travels like 300 ft/sec. The cat wouldn't know what hit it.
    and that of course makes everything alright...

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil
    and that of course makes everything alright...
    Err, I dont want to get into that conversation [again].
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    I do. Your days are numbered SS.

And I agree with everyone in this thread, on both sides of all the arguements.
    Jesus brings life eternal

remembering the life of Phil 'The Prince' Hughes

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Haven't been on this thread for a long time and am surprised you guys are still argueing over it....it's over and done with (even the people involved in it have moved on with their lives).

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden
    I do. Your days are numbered SS.
    What does that mean?

International Regular shortpitched713's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    What does that mean?
    Don't mind him. He just likes to make totally unfounded agressive statements at times.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread Information