• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prayer Thread: Get well by Sunday Munaf (all Indian fans show your support)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
This is the thread over here to show your whole hearted support to Munaf so that he can get better by sunday. This is our only way to get Munaf ready by Sunday, and all our chances of winning against Australia depend on his health. I know it's silly but, trust me you'll be thanking me when we reach the semis.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
I really want him to play but I'm with SS in regard to saving him for the upcoming tour of South Africa. If this was the World Cup, it would be a different story. If he's fit, that'll be great. Otherwise, give RP Singh his last chance. If he can rattle the Aussie top-order, he stays in the side. If he fails, bring back Zaheer and send RPS back to the A team. Quite simple really.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
any other team in a time like this, and players on bench would take this opportunity to make their mark and storm into the team. None like that can't be expected from IND.

Dravid

International Captain
maxpower said:
any other team in a time like this, and players on bench would take this opportunity to make their mark and storm into the team. None like that can't be expected from IND.
But he's fit....

However it also said that Agarkar is being dropped for Sreesanth.

irfan

State Captain
Here's the lineup I'd like to have against the aussies

1. Sachin
2. Sehwag (usually comes good against the bigger teams - well here's to hoping)
3. Raina (give him a chance up the top - good runner between wickets and usually innovative)
4. Dravid
5. Mongia (been in good touch)
6. Dhoni
7. Pathan
8. Powar (badly missed against WI)
9. Harbhajan
10. Sreesanth
11. Munaf

thoughts ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
irfan said:
Here's the lineup I'd like to have against the aussies

1. Sachin
2. Sehwag (usually comes good against the bigger teams - well here's to hoping)
3. Raina (give him a chance up the top - good runner between wickets and usually innovative)
4. Dravid
5. Mongia (been in good touch)
6. Dhoni
7. Pathan
8. Powar (badly missed against WI)
9. Harbhajan
10. Sreesanth
11. Munaf

thoughts ?
With yuvraj gone, that would appear to be the best possible side. I suspect they may prefer Kaif to Mongia though.

Dravid

International Captain
SJS said:
With yuvraj gone, that would appear to be the best possible side. I suspect they may prefer Kaif to Mongia though.
I say bring both in, bench Raina

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Yuvraj doing his Cruciate is a huge blow for India for mine, will only just be fit in time for thr world cup if he has torn it.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
any game against the aussies, whether it's in india or australia, we go in as underdogs....it's not a question of just one player being present or not, it's more a question of performing as a team which they haven't done recently and not shaking in their boots whenever they see the canary yellow which they almost always seem to do...