• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prayer Thread: Get well by Sunday Munaf (all Indian fans show your support)

Gajanayake

School Boy/Girl Captain
SJS said:
With yuvraj gone, that would appear to be the best possible side. I suspect they may prefer Kaif to Mongia though.
I'd have Kaif any day of the week over Raina.

Kaif has 3 half centuries in his last seven games.....Raina has none, yet Kaif is on the bench...where's the logic in that ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Gajanayake said:
I'd have Kaif any day of the week over Raina.

Kaif has 3 half centuries in his last seven games.....Raina has none, yet Kaif is on the bench...where's the logic in that ?
Sure. I was talking of replacing Yuvraj only. I agree we could have both Mongia (in place of Yuvraj) and Kaif (in place of Raina.

There is some talk of playing an extra bowler. In which case all three could make it leaving the team one bowler short and also no possibility, it would seem, for Powar in the side.

adharcric

International Coach
SJS said:
Sure. I was talking of replacing Yuvraj only. I agree we could have both Mongia (in place of Yuvraj) and Kaif (in place of Raina.

There is some talk of playing an extra bowler. In which case all three could make it leaving the team one bowler short and also no possibility, it would seem, for Powar in the side.
I know you're a big Powar fan (and so am I) but don't you think we're better off strengthening out batting against the Aussie pace attack even if it means we have to leave out Powar?

Matt79

Global Moderator
adharcric said:
Don't worry, Yuvraj and Agarkar are out too. It's on. :D
well clarke is looking doubtful for us, and that at least equates to Yuvraj.

Is AA being out a good thing or a bad thing? :p

adharcric

International Coach
Matt79 said:
Is AA being out a good thing or a bad thing? :p
Be prepared for a lynching from the AAAS mate. Especially after India pull off a victory and prove that it is indeed "a good thing". :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
adharcric said:
I know you're a big Powar fan (and so am I) but don't you think we're better off strengthening out batting against the Aussie pace attack even if it means we have to leave out Powar?
I dont deny that batting has been THE problem and with Yuvraj out its worse.

Also if four bowlers have to play, Powar doesnt find a place even from me.

My worry is we might just find Sachin and Sehwag giving us something extra-ordinary by way of start (mere munh mein ghee shakkar) and others chip in and then we find we are short of bowlers.

Today's team selection is one of the most difficult for India and so is an ideal batting order. Whatever Dravid and Chappell decided can and will be criticised if we lose.

Seven batsmen with just one in form (Dhoni too partially if you want to include the last three overs of the last game). Dravid, Sehwag and Raina are woefully out of form and Kaif and Mongia havent had a game for some time. Not a great confidence booster.

Keep your fingers crossed. Today we will have some new hero/es or all the usual villains.

abu

Banned
hahahaha who ever started this thread totally got it wrong, munaf patel was suckiest bowler today, he gave away 61 runs in just 8 overs with out taking a wicket. they wont higher you as a selector thats for sure. lol

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
abu said:
hahahaha who ever started this thread totally got it wrong, munaf patel was suckiest bowler today, he gave away 61 runs in just 8 overs with out taking a wicket. they wont higher you as a selector thats for sure. lol
:laugh: I know, I have vented by disbelief, anger, and frustration in the other threads. Why'de I start this, I should start one for Ponting or why not the whole Australian team in fact! Yea that's a great idea.

Anyways gonna start one for South Africa (the next team in line to destroy India)...

Dravid

International Captain
abu said:
Munaf patel was any thing but the worst bowler today. He was robbed of Watson LBW, the first one he appealed to. And his second spell he bowled so beautiful balls, but without any reward. I think in their second spell all Indian bowlers were better than their first spell.