Cricket Player Manager
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: No Asians ?

well it's not so much that the pitch was awful, pakistan were pretty woeful themselves.

It's not all that surprising really, Australia and South Africa are the two sides that consistently bring their best game to the tournaments and I would think most people would have selected them to top the groups. The rest of group B was open for the taking with any of the teams a good chance to go through, it is only the West Indies defeating India at home that is the "shock", but even that is not a huge stretch given the recent results between the teams.

Why is this even an issue? The teams who played the best are in the semis - end of the story.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beleg
    Why is this even an issue? The teams who played the best are in the semis - end of the story.
    Irony.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Irony.
    Flame Bait. Sonme people continue to bait in the name of irony.

Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim
    you would've thought it would come in england or australia or something not subcontinental conditions.
    It's never enough for some people, is it ? I mean how much biased one has to be claim something like that ?

well even though none of the 3 asian titans haven't qualified for the semi's i don't think it down to them being less superior to the other nations at all, just that they didn't play to potential at times, i.e Sri Lanka played some good cricket, the game vs PAK could have easily gone their way & vs SA were exposed a bit againts quality pace bowling.

Pakistan were hampered by the loss of Shoaib & Asif o doubt while were also exposed againts quality pace bowling as well.

India were a bit woeful & have to really make some tough decisions in their team selection i'd say.

YEP fair enough really, 4 best teams in the semis

Irony.
    Explain, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    It's never enough for some people, is it ? I mean how much biased one has to be claim something like that ?
    But he's just stated a simple fact.

If you were told that there was to be a major tournament held, and there would be no team from the sub-continent in the last 4 of the tournament, and then you were asked where the tournament was being held...

Most people would think it's more likely to be away from the sub-continent.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox

If you were told that there was to be a major tournament held, and there would be no team from the sub-continent in the last 4 of the tournament, and then you were asked where the tournament was being held...

We have Sherlock here with us.

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox

How do you know most people think that way ? India, Pak both won their wc away from Subcontinent, both countries last final appearances in the WC came away from sub continent.

I dont even understand why it is such a surprise ? It happens all the time, no ? SA didn't make the WC held in Sa, England didn't make the WC finals in England, Test cricket is supposed to be so popular in England and they didn't win the Ashes for close to 20 years.

Seriously folks like you, who are much respected on this forum, lose a lot of credibility when they start to defend idiotic crap like this.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    How do you know most people think that way ? India, Pak both won their wc away from Subcontinent, both countries last final appearances in the WC came away from sub continent.

I dont even understand why it is such a surprise ? It happens all the time, no ? SA didn't make the WC held in Sa, England didn't make the WC finals in England, Test cricket is supposed to be so popular in England and they didn't win the Ashes for close to 20 years.

Seriously folks like you, who are much respected on this forum, lose a lot of credibility when they start to defend idiotic crap like this.

Well, its no secret that on average, subcontinental teams, especially India and Sri Lanka, do much better at home than they do away. It's a matter of historical record, I don't see how anyone can deny that.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    Well, its no secret that on average, subcontinental teams, especially India and Sri Lanka, do much better at home than they do away. It's a matter of historical record, I don't see how anyone can deny that.
    Are we talking about tests or ODIs ?

Besides I iask you look into the history of most (if not all) cricket playing countries and see that their home records is almost always better than their away record.

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim
    well it's not so much that the pitch was awful, pakistan were pretty woeful themselves.
    Well i think when you are missing your captain and your best batsman as well as your 2 best fast bowlers, its never really going to be easy.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information