Cricket Player Manager
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 141

Thread: No Asians ?

  1. #76
    Banned sideshowtim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,255
    well it's not so much that the pitch was awful, pakistan were pretty woeful themselves.

  2. #77
    U19 Captain Great Birtannia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    687
    It's not all that surprising really, Australia and South Africa are the two sides that consistently bring their best game to the tournaments and I would think most people would have selected them to top the groups. The rest of group B was open for the taking with any of the teams a good chance to go through, it is only the West Indies defeating India at home that is the "shock", but even that is not a huge stretch given the recent results between the teams.

  3. #78
    International Regular Beleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    3,438
    Why is this even an issue? The teams who played the best are in the semis - end of the story.

  4. #79
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad)
    Posts
    36,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Beleg
    Why is this even an issue? The teams who played the best are in the semis - end of the story.
    Irony.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."



  5. #80
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Irony.
    Flame Bait. Sonme people continue to bait in the name of irony.

  6. #81
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim
    you would've thought it would come in england or australia or something not subcontinental conditions.
    It's never enough for some people, is it ? I mean how much biased one has to be claim something like that ?

  7. #82
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    well even though none of the 3 asian titans haven't qualified for the semi's i don't think it down to them being less superior to the other nations at all, just that they didn't play to potential at times, i.e Sri Lanka played some good cricket, the game vs PAK could have easily gone their way & vs SA were exposed a bit againts quality pace bowling.

    Pakistan were hampered by the loss of Shoaib & Asif o doubt while were also exposed againts quality pace bowling as well.

    India were a bit woeful & have to really make some tough decisions in their team selection i'd say.

  8. #83
    U19 Debutant magsi23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    381
    YEP fair enough really, 4 best teams in the semis

  9. #84
    International Regular Beleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    3,438
    Irony.
    Explain, please.

  10. #85
    Global Moderator vic_orthdox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    25,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    It's never enough for some people, is it ? I mean how much biased one has to be claim something like that ?
    But he's just stated a simple fact.

    If you were told that there was to be a major tournament held, and there would be no team from the sub-continent in the last 4 of the tournament, and then you were asked where the tournament was being held...

    Most people would think it's more likely to be away from the sub-continent.

  11. #86
    Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,558
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    But he's just stated a simple fact.

    If you were told that there was to be a major tournament held, and there would be no team from the sub-continent in the last 4 of the tournament, and then you were asked where the tournament was being held...

    Most people would think it's more likely to be away from the sub-continent.
    We have Sherlock here with us.

  12. #87
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    But he's just stated a simple fact.

    If you were told that there was to be a major tournament held, and there would be no team from the sub-continent in the last 4 of the tournament, and then you were asked where the tournament was being held...

    Most people would think it's more likely to be away from the sub-continent.
    How do you know most people think that way ? India, Pak both won their wc away from Subcontinent, both countries last final appearances in the WC came away from sub continent.

    I dont even understand why it is such a surprise ? It happens all the time, no ? SA didn't make the WC held in Sa, England didn't make the WC finals in England, Test cricket is supposed to be so popular in England and they didn't win the Ashes for close to 20 years.

    Seriously folks like you, who are much respected on this forum, lose a lot of credibility when they start to defend idiotic crap like this.

  13. #88
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    How do you know most people think that way ? India, Pak both won their wc away from Subcontinent, both countries last final appearances in the WC came away from sub continent.

    I dont even understand why it is such a surprise ? It happens all the time, no ? SA didn't make the WC held in Sa, England didn't make the WC finals in England, Test cricket is supposed to be so popular in England and they didn't win the Ashes for close to 20 years.

    Seriously folks like you, who are much respected on this forum, lose a lot of credibility when they start to defend idiotic crap like this.

    Well, its no secret that on average, subcontinental teams, especially India and Sri Lanka, do much better at home than they do away. It's a matter of historical record, I don't see how anyone can deny that.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing

  14. #89
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    Well, its no secret that on average, subcontinental teams, especially India and Sri Lanka, do much better at home than they do away. It's a matter of historical record, I don't see how anyone can deny that.
    Are we talking about tests or ODIs ?

    Besides I iask you look into the history of most (if not all) cricket playing countries and see that their home records is almost always better than their away record.

  15. #90
    International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    not far away from you
    Posts
    14,308
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim
    well it's not so much that the pitch was awful, pakistan were pretty woeful themselves.
    Well i think when you are missing your captain and your best batsman as well as your 2 best fast bowlers, its never really going to be easy.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ICC-Asia Split - Would you really care?
    By Langeveldt in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 27-08-2006, 06:10 PM
  2. Old but Still Gold
    By What-A-Player in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 04:50 PM
  3. No Asian Representation?
    By chekmeout in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 01-07-2005, 04:48 AM
  4. The Australian team - A disgrace to the game
    By nookie_lk in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 545
    Last Post: 30-12-2004, 05:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •