• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No Asians ?

Dravid

International Captain
R_D said:
Hopefully its not a similar pitch to Pak V SA game.
It's the one NZ and Pak played, that's what I heard last night. That pitch is a bit less greener and a little better than the one last nights game was played on.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Is that really true, based on the crowds at some of the games this competition?

I quote:

The players are making their way to the middle. It's a bit misty but otherwise perfect. Again, a tiny crowd but my colleague George Binnoy tells me that the prices are exorbitant, which helps explain it. You'd think the authorities would be more concerned about games taking place against a backdrop of full stands. As it is, the crowd is in the hundreds.
May be not for all matches, but some venues have been pretty full. Mohali and Mumbai spectators get to watch an international game pretty often hence poor attendence there, From what I have read matches in Jaipur have witnessed full house.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Perm said:
Pakistan and Sri Lanka both fail to go through to the Semi Finals and India need to beat Australia to go through, pretty good prediction from this thread starter.
SriLanka were out before this thread was even created. I dont think the guy predicted any thing in his post.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Sanz said:
SriLanka were out before this thread was even created. I dont think the guy predicted any thing in his post.
i didn't predict anything

i said that it COULD well happen

ppl knocked me off, but it seems it looks rather realistic

Dravid

International Captain
Sanz said:
May be not for all matches, but some venues have been pretty full. Mohali and Mumbai spectators get to watch an international game pretty often hence poor attendence there, From what I have read matches in Jaipur have witnessed full house.
From what I have seen, on TV, any match that did not have India barely got anywhere near 1,000 spectators. And I have seen all group matches so far.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid said:
From what I have seen, on TV, any match that did not have India barely got anywhere near 1,000 spectators. And I have seen all group matches so far.
Well, I must say I have not watched any match in this series and was going by newspaper reports and I could swear I read it somewhere Malcom Speed saying that Jaipur SL-Pak match was full house. I could definately be wrong though on this one.

R_D

International Debutant
so this leads to the question.. will we see pitches like these in indian domestic matches or are these pitches made just for this tournament ?
It'll be nice to have some testing pitches for the domestic batsman so they don't turn upto to international level pretty much playing on batsman friendly pitches all the time and than strugle at international level when there's is one or 2 bowler friendly wicket.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
Yes it seems highly probable that none of the Asian teams will go beyond the league stage. I am not surprised.
I am sure you would want us to believe that it is because India cant play cricket and not because we are meeting one of the best ODI teams ever.

Xuhaib

International Coach
This is the first time since 1975 that no sub continental team has made it to the last 4 of a major ODI tournament.

Xuhaib

International Coach
sideshowtim said:
you would've thought it would come in england or australia or something not subcontinental conditions.
Yea Pak-SA game were definatley sub-cont conditions8-)

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
It's not all that surprising really, Australia and South Africa are the two sides that consistently bring their best game to the tournaments and I would think most people would have selected them to top the groups. The rest of group B was open for the taking with any of the teams a good chance to go through, it is only the West Indies defeating India at home that is the "shock", but even that is not a huge stretch given the recent results between the teams.

Beleg

International Regular
Why is this even an issue? The teams who played the best are in the semis - end of the story.