• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No Asians ?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
How does that make it any less ironic?
Are you aware of what irony is?
Didn't know one had to use ':laugh:' smiley for the statement to be ironic.

Besides whatever the Irony is, India is still in the hunt.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
If India show a complete turn around by beating Australia, then winning the semi final match, and then (hopefully) in a re-encounter with the West Indies, destroy them too to win the CT. And then murk South Africa in both Tests and ODIs, and then go on to win the World Cup in a final against Pakistan, then I will be the happiest person on Earth!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sanz said:
Didn't know one had to use ':laugh:' smiley for the statement to be ironic.

Besides whatever the Irony is, India is still in the hunt.
Did I not mention amusement at the irony? Contrary to popular belief, the world is not against Asian teams. Don't make much ado of nothing.

magsi23

U19 Debutant
Looks like India will be carrying Asian Flag, and i am convinced that they can do it. for me India to beat Aus

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Did I not mention amusement at the irony? Contrary to popular belief, the world is not against Asian teams. Don't make much ado of nothing.
That's rich coming from someone who start jumping the moment any one makes any kind of statement about WI team and players.

And no I didn't notice the amusement part like you did.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sanz said:
That's rich coming from someone who start jumping the moment any one makes any kind of statement about WI team and players.
LOL. You must be thinking of someone else, mate.

I MAKE statements about the WI team and players.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Turbinator said:
If India show a complete turn around by beating Australia, then winning the semi final match, and then (hopefully) in a re-encounter with the West Indies, destroy them too to win the CT. And then murk South Africa in both Tests and ODIs, and then go on to win the World Cup in a final against Pakistan, then I will be the happiest person on Earth!
No, you'll be the happiest person in cloud ****oo land.

Legglancer

State Regular
:laugh:
Sanz said:

And no I didn't notice the amusement part like you did.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Scaly piscine said:
No, you'll be the happiest person in cloud ****oo land.
Agreed, no chance all of that will happen. India has as much chance of winning in SA and WC as England has of retaining the Ashes.

50:1 on both counts.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
Agreed, no chance all of that will happen. India has as much chance of winning in SA and WC as England has of retaining the Ashes.

Hell Yeah. Ill put $10 on England retaining the Ashes at those odds.

Ill send you the details of my paypal account and we can set this up. :dry:

Scaly piscine

silentstriker said:

Meh, England won the Ashes in 2005.

India last won an ODI final in the 1970s was it?

Perm

Pakistan and Sri Lanka both fail to go through to the Semi Finals and India need to beat Australia to go through, pretty good prediction from this thread starter.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:
So ?? Indian(and Asian) fans flock in to watch ODIs regardless of who is playing who.
Is that really true, based on the crowds at some of the games this competition?

I quote:

The players are making their way to the middle. It's a bit misty but otherwise perfect. Again, a tiny crowd but my colleague George Binnoy tells me that the prices are exorbitant, which helps explain it. You'd think the authorities would be more concerned about games taking place against a backdrop of full stands. As it is, the crowd is in the hundreds.

grecian

silentstriker said:

Hey SS, I'll take those odds too:D

Seriously, its a stupidly named thread, but it could come true, but I fancy India to win the final match though, Australia have eyes for one comp, and it ain't this one.

Laurrz

International Debutant
silentstriker said:
He is responding to the OP's implication that Asian teams are not good at ODI's even though they are more popular than Tests there.. As a rebuttal, Sanz said that subcontinent teams have done well in the world cups. That's the relevence.
i still don't see the relevance.. as i am talking about THIS tournament.. i am not saying subcontinent teams are less superior to non-asian teams...

anyways, would it be embarassing if there is no asians? this is playing in Asia afterall, everyone thought the 3 counrties Pak, India, SL would dominate.... however the pitches have been green [some of them] and the other two Asian countries batting lineups have been completely humiliated under two very good opening bowlers

still not counting out India though, u never know what they could do at home, however looking at the past results with these two countries you woudln;t think that...

R_D

International Debutant
Scaly piscine said:

na 2002 in england... only team ever to chase over 300 in a final.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
You would have said the same thing in 1987, After that England didn't see ashes for 18 years.

Did they play ODIs back then ?

Last edited: