• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No Asians ?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Turbinator said:
What he is trying to say is in those 25 years, 6 world cups have happened and out of 6, 5 of them have had an Asian team involved in the final and half of them an Asian team has won. And eventhough out of the top 8 teams, non-Asian teams outnumber the Asian teams 5-3.
And?

I can grasp the simple meaning of a post. But still trying to figure out the relevance...

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
And?

I can grasp the simple meaning of a post. But still trying to figure out the relevance...
:laugh: That I don't know either. I think he's probably trying to brag or something.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
And?

He is responding to the OP's implication that Asian teams are not good at ODI's even though they are more popular than Tests there.. As a rebuttal, Sanz said that subcontinent teams have done well in the world cups. That's the relevence.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
This is about Cricket and the better Teams winning . If the Asians are not good enough to make it , tough !! (And I am an Asian - Sri Lankan ) .

I know the SL were definitely not good enough to get there which is why they got knocked out. So if Pakistan cannot beat SA in Asia and India cannot beat Australia, so be it.

Its a bit like the AFL - if none of the Victorian Teams were good enough to make it to the Final Series thats the way it is. Whingeing and moaning will not make any difference.

From the performances in CT , I know the SL have no right to moan . (apart from Sanath's unlucky dismissal by Harper - another one to his Tally of deliberate wrong decisions against SL)

magsi23

U19 Debutant
I have a feeling both Pakistan and India will qualify, both are capable of beating SA and Aus, will find out soon

Mr Mxyzptlk

silentstriker said:
He is responding to the OP's implication that Asian teams are not good at ODI's even though they are more popular than Tests there.. As a rebuttal, Sanz said that subcontinent teams have done well in the world cups. That's the relevence.
I don't see where there was such an implication. The only implication I saw was down to how amusing it would be simply because of how ironic it would be.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I don't see where there was such an implication. The only implication I saw was down to how amusing it would be simply because of how ironic it would be.
Well thats the implication Sanz saw when making his statement.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I can grasp the simple meaning of a post....
Anyone can have an off day in the office. Pak clearly is missing its 3 best players, besides there are still 2 games left which will decide the fate of India, Pak, SA and Aus. Anyone can go. The fact that the guy only chose to pick on Asian teams tells about his intentions to bait.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Sanz said:
Anyone can have an off day in the office. Pak clearly is missing its 3 best players, besides there are still 2 games left which will decide the fate of India, Pak, SA and Aus. Anyone can go. The fact that the guy only chose to pick on Asian teams tells about his intentions to bait.
Because the tournament is being played in Asia, where the sport is more popular than anywhere else in the world!!!

It's a comment on irony, not baiting.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Because the tournament is being played in Asia, where the sport is more popular than anywhere else in the world!!!
So ?? Indian(and Asian) fans flock in to watch ODIs regardless of who is playing who.

R_D

International Debutant
aren't India playign in the same pitch as pak match ?
hope india can get through this time around :)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, the sunday match is on the other wicket, which appeared very bare and brown today. I think it's the same one that New Zealand and Pakistan played on, but I may be wrong about that.

It'll certainly help Australia a bit as it's quick and bouncy, but it's nothing like the wicket that we saw tonight.

Dravid

International Captain
Jono said:
You jinxed India against WI, don't do it against Aus as well :p
I can never go against India man, no matter if I jinx them or not. They are the pride of the country.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Sanz said:
So ?? Indian(and Asian) fans flock in to watch ODIs regardless of who is playing who.
How does that make it any less ironic?
Are you aware of what irony is?