Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No Asians ?

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer
    when none of the South American teams made it to the Socoor WC final, but then after i gave it a thought i realized that yeah offcourse there is more talent and more passion about the soccor in SOuth america, they still lack the facilities+ Disciplineand the infrastructure that the European teams have and thats why they are ahead in fianl and not the teams that are known for their passions+ skill for the game.

I think same might just happen with cricket....Soth Asian Countries have alot more passion + Skills(individual's talents) which can win you at times but in the long run teams with better facilites, discipline and better infrastructure will have better chance of winning tournaments.
    Haha sadly thats not the case with India, they are damn rich and have top class facilities and infrastructure when practicing, BCCI either keeps it for themselves or they spend it on facilities and equipment for the players. Indian players are the most lucky in that regard.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    Do you realized that in last 25 years, 3 Asian countries have won the world cup and they have reached the finals of another 2, only to lose to an alltime great team ?
    And?
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator
    Haha sadly thats not the case with India, they are damn rich and have top class facilities and infrastructure when practicing, BCCI either keeps it for themselves or they spend it on facilities and equipment for the players. Indian players are the most lucky in that regard.

First of all of put your patriotism on side for a minute and look at my post from a neutral cricket fan!

So are you telling me that cricket acadamies in india are similar to the Adeliad, or the school level cricket or state level cricket is comparabel to Australia?
    U can go on and on about MRF acadamy, but i dont think it produced any body of great ability after Srinath(who to me is the best indian bowler of all time).?
    Twitter @3Bouncers
    One of my friends said "And itís not like we havenít defeated India enough. I think weíve beaten them on a couple of occasions, on a lot of occasions, in fact."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    And?
    What he is trying to say is in those 25 years, 6 world cups have happened and out of 6, 5 of them have had an Asian team involved in the final and half of them an Asian team has won. And eventhough out of the top 8 teams, non-Asian teams outnumber the Asian teams 5-3.

First of all of put your patriotism on side for a minute and look at my post from a neutral cricket fan!

So are you telling me that cricket acadamies in india are similar to the Adeliad, or the school level cricket or state level cricket is comparabel to Australia?
    U can go on and on about MRF acadamy, but i dont think it produced any body of great ability after Srinath(who to me is the best indian bowler of all time).?
    LOL relax dawg, I was actually criticizing India, that even with world class facilities we aren't able to produce anything special.

Actually I shoudn't say talent, more so work ethic. Indian cricketers lack work ethic IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator
    What he is trying to say is in those 25 years, 6 world cups have happened and out of 6, 5 of them have had an Asian team involved in the final and half of them an Asian team has won. And eventhough out of the top 8 teams, non-Asian teams outnumber the Asian teams 5-3.
    And?

I can grasp the simple meaning of a post. But still trying to figure out the relevance...

And?

I can grasp the simple meaning of a post. But still trying to figure out the relevance...
    That I don't know either. I think he's probably trying to brag or something.

Future ICC aka BCCI

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    And?

He is responding to the OP's implication that Asian teams are not good at ODI's even though they are more popular than Tests there.. As a rebuttal, Sanz said that subcontinent teams have done well in the world cups. That's the relevence.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

This is about Cricket and the better Teams winning . If the Asians are not good enough to make it , tough !! (And I am an Asian - Sri Lankan ) .

I know the SL were definitely not good enough to get there which is why they got knocked out. So if Pakistan cannot beat SA in Asia and India cannot beat Australia, so be it.

Its a bit like the AFL - if none of the Victorian Teams were good enough to make it to the Final Series thats the way it is. Whingeing and moaning will not make any difference.

From the performances in CT , I know the SL have no right to moan . (apart from Sanath's unlucky dismissal by Harper - another one to his Tally of deliberate wrong decisions against SL)

I have a feeling both Pakistan and India will qualify, both are capable of beating SA and Aus, will find out soon

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    He is responding to the OP's implication that Asian teams are not good at ODI's even though they are more popular than Tests there.. As a rebuttal, Sanz said that subcontinent teams have done well in the world cups. That's the relevence.
    I don't see where there was such an implication. The only implication I saw was down to how amusing it would be simply because of how ironic it would be.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I don't see where there was such an implication. The only implication I saw was down to how amusing it would be simply because of how ironic it would be.
    Well thats the implication Sanz saw when making his statement.

I can grasp the simple meaning of a post....
    Anyone can have an off day in the office. Pak clearly is missing its 3 best players, besides there are still 2 games left which will decide the fate of India, Pak, SA and Aus. Anyone can go. The fact that the guy only chose to pick on Asian teams tells about his intentions to bait.
    Last edited by Sanz; 26-10-2006 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    Anyone can have an off day in the office. Pak clearly is missing its 3 best players, besides there are still 2 games left which will decide the fate of India, Pak, SA and Aus. Anyone can go. The fact that the guy only chose to pick on Asian teams tells about his intentions to bait.
    Because the tournament is being played in Asia, where the sport is more popular than anywhere else in the world!!!

It's a comment on irony, not baiting.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information