Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 136 to 141 of 141

Thread: No Asians ?

  1. #136
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,102
    I don't think anyone 'expects' you to predict anything. There was nothing wrong with suggesting that (for example) Martyn would have a good Ashes, because all the signs pointed to it. The point is that even though it's better to have an opinion than sit on the fence, it's a bit rich for anyone to respond to criticism by implying that they are always right, and you're not really doing yourself any favours there.

    Personally, I've been a long-time backer of a few players that have been widely criticised on here, like Lee and Watson for instance, and enjoyed their recent success all the more because of it. I was certainly wrong about, say, Pietersen though, who I didn't expect to have quite the impact on test cricket that he has.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

  2. #137
    International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    not far away from you
    Posts
    14,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Love™
    I don't know what he was talking about viz-a-viz Gilchrist though, 'cause I think people did rate him back then, and his stats haven't moved that much, particularly in the opening slot.
    I think his average back then was 32-33, and its now 36. However hes always been pretty much hit and miss in ODIs and his record against the quality bowling attacks back then- SA, Wi or even England in the 90s is hardly very special
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

  3. #138
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    I also said that Bracken and Pathan were both ordinary bowlers that werent test class(while everyone else thought otherwise) and both have turned out to be exactly that.
    Well yea, but in Bracken's case of late, i think with the introduction of Troy Cooley i think there is strong chance that we could see a change of fortune in the test arena for Bracken.


    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    Yours truly also predicted without having watched Shaun Tait bowl a ball in test match cricket that he would fall short of the required standard.
    Its hard to judge him frankly that he has fell short of the required standard to be honest, he showed a lot of promise and ability in the ashes before injuries hit him so really you really can't say since he hasn't played much at the highest level

  4. #139
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    I think his average back then was 32-33, and its now 36. However hes always been pretty much hit and miss in ODIs and his record against the quality bowling attacks back then- SA, Wi or even England in the 90s is hardly very special
    Jayasuriya averages in the low 30s after his long career what do think about him?


  5. #140
    International Captain Slow Love™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,080
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    I think his average back then was 32-33, and its now 36. However hes always been pretty much hit and miss in ODIs and his record against the quality bowling attacks back then- SA, Wi or even England in the 90s is hardly very special
    It's not that I disagree necessarily that Gilly is hit or miss or even your overall evaluation, it's more the strong line you draw between then and now. Gilchrist was actually rated by many at the time, and was considered quite dangerous.

    As to average, his was 35.78 walking into the 1999 World Cup (opening, it was 38.23). He did have a rotten tourney, but he was certainly not regarded as "not very good", going in.
    "Youre known for having a liking for men who look like women."
    - Linda

    "FFS I'm sick and tired of having to see a bloke bend over to pick something up or lean over and see their arse crack. For christ's sake pull your pants up or buy some underpants you bogan because nobody want's to see it. And this is a boat building shed (well one of them) not a porn studio."
    - Craig

  6. #141
    R_D
    R_D is offline
    International Debutant R_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,938
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!

    you got to be kidding right Tool ?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ICC-Asia Split - Would you really care?
    By Langeveldt in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 27-08-2006, 05:10 PM
  2. Old but Still Gold
    By What-A-Player in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 03:50 PM
  3. No Asian Representation?
    By chekmeout in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 01-07-2005, 03:48 AM
  4. The Australian team - A disgrace to the game
    By nookie_lk in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 545
    Last Post: 30-12-2004, 04:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •