Thread: Should Lara Bat lower down the order against india too?

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )

Should Lara Bat lower down the order against india too?

I think the most crucial most interesting game of tournament will be WINDIES vs INDIA, boy what game, both teams have perfect batting line up for playing at thos Indian batting paradise wickets, Indians are a head of Winides in overall batting line up but when it comes to delievering when matters, I have lot more trust in Lara than Sachin.

Brian batted lower down the order against the Aussies and played an inning that took WI to a winning total. and i am thinking if he does the same thing in India game he has a better chance of making things work for Windians

The only time in whole inning where Indian bowling can impose themselves is first 15 overs with new ball and Pathan and Co swinging the ball and enticing West indian batsman to play strokes and have'em make mistakes. And this is the reason i'd hope that Lara plays down the order to avoid the first few overs where Ball has possibility of swinging. I am sure Brian, after he settles down can score runs at great pace and even if he bats for over 24 onwards, he still can end up with a 70+ score and take Windinian total to good level.
    Twitter @3Bouncers
    One of my friends said "And itís not like we havenít defeated India enough. I think weíve beaten them on a couple of occasions, on a lot of occasions, in fact."

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    It depends on the situation tbh. If the West Indies lose 2 wickets for not too many, I'd prefer to see Lara in there before anyone else in the team It's not like he's incapable of playing the swinging ball. Ideally, he should come in when he can face the bulk of the spinners though. It really depends on what sort of start WI can procure.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer
    Brian batted lower down the order against the Aussies and played an inning that took WI to a winning total. and i am thinking if he does the same thing in India game he has a better chance of making things work for Windians.
    It depends on the pitch to a large extent. The kind of pitch which existed in the earlier match, it made a lot of sense for Lara to come in later. However, in one day cricket, you want your best players batting higher up so that they can face the maximum overs in most cases.

School Boy/Girl Captain leepayne's Avatar
    I'm a firm believer that Brian Lara should come in at number three in the batting order. He can play a holding role, because he can stay at the crease and score a century while nobody further down really jumps out and says that to me.

Banned
    lara has the best record on number 3 position, through most of the 90's he batted at number 3 and his average at number 3 in near 50, though i would like too see lara to also open batting some times. he was a great opener at the beginning of his career in the early 90's

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Lara said one factor in him coming lower was to spread experience since Shiv was out.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    wat's wrong with this order though?

Gayle
    Morton
    Lara
    Sarwan
    Shiv
    etc.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

I'd still open the Shiv. Gayle and Shiv seem like they enjoy batting together.

Gayle
    Shiv
    Lara
    Morton
    Sarwan

Sarwan has shown he can bat late before in his career, and Lara is one of the GOAT, give him as many overs to face as possible.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    On spinner friendly pitches in the subcontinent, I would rather have Lara bat when the spinners come on, meaning #5 or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    I'd still open the Shiv. Gayle and Shiv seem like they enjoy batting together.

Gayle
    Shiv
    Lara
    Morton
    Sarwan

Sarwan has shown he can bat late before in his career, and Lara is one of the GOAT, give him as many overs to face as possible.
    all i can say is that as long as chanderpaul opens the batting, that is quite an impressive top 5. its an interesting one to decide 3-4-5, but i think Morton cant come in anywhere after 3 because he really needs to be given as much time as possible in the middle and isnt much of a middle-late overs player unless hes set. The Lara-Sarwan combo would probably vary depending on the situation, but while i would really like to see Sarwan batting higher up in the order because hes a good enough player i think hes probably the better player to be able to accomodate himself at 5 than Lara is.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Quote Originally Posted by dubai194
    lara has the best record on number 3 position
    Wrong. He has his best record (in a position he's played often in) opening the batting.

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    yes unfortunately for the benefit of the team lara has had to sacrifice his best position and take up the responsiblity in the middle order in ODIs. Its a pity because had he not done so, he might have ended up amongst the Bevans, Tendulkars and Richards as one of the top ODI players ever.

Cricket Spectator

Icon11 Lara

HE SHOULD ALWAYS AT 3RD

Quote Originally Posted by winneer123
    HE SHOULD ALWAYS AT 3RD
    Please ease up on Caps lock.

Thread Information