• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Semi Finals and Final

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Natman20 said:
South Africa top qualifier in group B so that means that the semi's IMO are likely to be:

Australia vs New Zealand
West Indies vs South Africa
West Indies would have to lose to England for this to happen...

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The series could have gone 3-2 the other way but for a couple periods of play. My point being that 4-1 doesn't exact reveal the whole truth of that series.
I think it was a fair reflection, while the West Indies did play well when touring New Zealand I think it was fair to say that the Black Caps were the better team throughout the series.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Semi Finals

Wednesday, Mohali
West Indies vs New Zealand

Thursday, Jaipur
South Africa vs India/Australia

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tim said:
4-1 was still a fair result though. Even though it could have been 3-2 to the West Indies, NZ were still the better team in that series if you ask me.
Yes, because New Zealand handled those key passages of play better. That's why 4-1 is fair, if somewhat misleading, because the West Indies didn't get thrashed.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So with WI losing to England, the semis are this:

South Africa vs. WI

New Zealand vs. Australia/India

Correct?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Yes, because New Zealand handled those key passages of play better. That's why 4-1 is fair, if somewhat misleading, because the West Indies didn't get thrashed.
I agree. WI were far from thrashed in that series but the result was fair in the end.

I don't really know who to cheer for tonight in the India vs Australia game. For the sake of the Black Caps I suppose it would be better if India won, given their habit of choking when it comes to the important stages of a tournament. But facing India at home is never going to be an easy task. It would be good if they drew and we got to face the West Indies.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
winneer123 said:
i am sure india is going to semis
it has got very good batsmen
it only has improve its feilding
i am sure it will win against wi or aus
Candidate for an award in this weeks best of CW it would seem.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia vs New Zealand is a very keen prospect. IMO NZ have a better chance of beating Australia than SA.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a big ask for NZ because Australia certainly beat India quite comfortably. But the pitch at Mohali looks good and a certain Shane Bond has a good history against Australia.

The key for NZ will be how their batting holds up, I think we have the bowlers to be in the game.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Australia vs New Zealand is a very keen prospect. IMO NZ have a better chance of beating Australia than SA.
Hmm i dunno, i'd say South Africa slightly, since on a good they they can match Australia in batting, bowling & fielding. NZ on the other hand have struggled againts Australia in ODI's since that famous 2001 VB series, but you could argue that they didn't have bond much during that period.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Is it just me or it can't be an upset beacuse NZ last game VS Aus they won.

NZ seem to stand up VS Australia players like Styris,McCullum,Vettori & Bond.

I would love NZ to win but I'd be happy with a close game like the second game in the last chappell/hadlee

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
remember the last 2 ODIs vs australia...

We won the last one ... and the one before that we only lost by 2 runs

tooextracool

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Umm thats what ODI cricket is about. The team that handles the key passages of play is the better team. Jesus unless you're the England ODI side you arent going to get manhandled for the entire series.

tooextracool

International Coach
I cant see SA winning this to be honest. I dont think they have the batsmen to pull it off. Its hard to pick between the other 3 but i get the feeling that the team that wins the Aus-NZ game will win the tournament. Wi for mine are a good side, but i think they are quite likely to choke in the final if they get there.