• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Semi Finals and Final

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Could go either way I reckon, Passag. 260-270 pitch IMO.

Can Gayle continue his form?

Another thing, those complaining about the crowds should have a look at this match. Terrific atmosphere. When you take into account the inflated prices ICC tournaments result in (ICC CT 2004 crowds in England weren't that great as well) you can understand why they don't get too many when neutrals play. Its the ICC's own fault.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
SA have a working total - but so much depends on Polok and Ntini v Gayle. Both have been getting their teams off to fliers in this tournament and whoever wins that battle could give their team the edge. PS - NZ's top order was a disaster-zone yesterday - not for the first time. They need new batsmen - does Craig McMillan still play domestic cricket and I've read about a guy called Ryder - is he any good?

Slow Love™

International Captain
I'd love to see the West Indians take this - before the innings, I don't think I'd have given them a big chance to overhaul South Africa's target - regardless of the pitch. Funnily enough, I thought they actually put in a very good bowling performance - just thought it might be beyond them, particularly if Pollock and Ntini were frugal.

But Gayle and Chanderpaul have made it a real possibility with this great start. They only need 4.7 an over from this point to get there.

Not sure who I'd rather Australia play. If WI win this, and considering they've beaten us once already, you'd have to say they're a scarier opponent, particularly given our domination over SAF in crunch games.

Great Lehmanesque scoop from in front of his leg stump for six from Chanderpaul. They're both on fire.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Slow Love™ said:
Not sure who I'd rather Australia play. If WI win this, and considering they've beaten us once already, you'd have to say they're a scarier opponent, particularly given our domination over SAF in crunch games.
434... :ph34r:

Slow Love™

International Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
Haha... To be fair I meant big finals. That game was probably the silliest I've ever witnessed, and I have my suspicions that either team batting second would have overhauled the other's total.

Incidentally, I was watching highlights of that one the other day, and Tony Greig called it the greatest ODI ever... 8-)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Slow Love™ said:
Incidentally, I was watching highlights of that one the other day, and Tony Greig called it the greatest ODI ever... 8-)
In terms of run scoring maybe, but I think Bangladesh's victory over Australia was the best ODI ever in terms of David defeating Gallioth.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, that 434 ODI was pretty ridiculous I thought. I've seen dozens of ODIs that were much better matches, between the same opposition and all. Bowling was terrible throughout and the pitch was awful.

Anyway, I'm hoping SA get up here, if only for Australia's benefit. WI are clearly more capable of winning in the final, especially given it's likely to be a slow pitch. Australia can obviously beat either side, but I think the Windies would be much more likely to pull off an upset.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
In terms of run scoring maybe, but I think Bangladesh's victory over Australia was the best ODI ever in terms of David defeating Gallioth.
Not quite sure what I'd call the greatest ODI ever, but I'd comfortably rank Bangladesh's victory above the Wanderers game. Thankfully there's not much fear of that kind of outcome in this tourney.

Anyhow, I'd still rather play South Africa. There'd be a fair bit at stake though - either we'd be continuing their misery, or they'd be continuing ours (not winning the CT). I think it'd be amazing if the West Indians successfully defended the trophy though.

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
Even the Windies could not lose from here surely? I never feel confident with them though unless they have 20 runs to go with 10 wickets in hand.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jono said:
Nah, just had a feeling he'd take to Bradshaw and Taylor today. He did like Bradshaw's bowling on the pads, but was outclassed by some Taylor brilliance.

Speaking of putting money on something, WI paying $2.75 at this stage. Generous IMO, good odds.

Edit: Heh, they've just gone up to $3.25. Bet365 having no faith in their batting line-up obviously.
This could be way too early to do this, but still...

Suck on that Bet365 :)

Shiv and Gayle you guns.