• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Semi Finals and Final

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
luffy said:
India vs Australia GF
I rather face have India face Pakistan, no offence. Then it would really truly be a GF. But even if we face Australia in the final, I so badly want us to destroy you guys so that the chokers tag is lifted, everyone is proven wrong, and India has gained significant momentum before the World Cup.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting suggestion made by the commentators last night, that if India beat the West Indies tonight they may prefer to lose to Australia in the final game and finish second, thus avoiding playing their semi-final on the more seamer friendly pitch in Mohali. Still, if the West Indies beat England comfortably enough the team that loses the India v Australia match still might finish third, so it's unlikely they'd throw it or anything.

Dravid

International Captain
Wait how will the semis be sorted out, can someone please explain to me? Who will face who?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
New Zealand definately through to the Semi Finals of the ICC Champions Trophy. It should be a very good game between Pakistan and South Africa but from what I can understand South Africa would need to win it pretty convincingly to go through to the semi's. I'm predicting a Pakistan win.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid said:
Wait how will the semis be sorted out, can someone please explain to me? Who will face who?
The winner of group A will face the runner-up in group B at Mohali. The winner of group B will face the runner-up of group A in the other main city they are using at this stage of the tournament, the name of which escapes me now. The Mohali wicket was the one used for NZ vs Pakistan yesterday and has more pace and bounce and less turn.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jono said:
How does it work? Does the team that came 1st in Group A play the team that came 2nd in Group B, and so on?

If so...

Prediction:

Semi Final 1: India vs. New Zealand
Semi Final 2: Australia vs. Sri Lanka

Final: India vs. Australia
Result: Australia
Wish I went with what my heart (i.e. who I bet on) was saying rather than my head.

Had picked NZ & SA to qualify, mainly because I bet on SA to top the group (unlikely but still possible I think), but I figured SL would qualify and beat SA, so predicted SL.

Happy with my NZ pick though :cool:

winneer123

Cricket Spectator
i guss your right
batting is the problem:happy:
R_D said:
I think india has to improve on its batting rather than fielding. Teh fielding was pretty good in teh first match but batting was a big let down again. So if anything batsman need to improve for us to have any chance to winning the competition.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Australia & South Africa to join the Kiwi's and Windies i reckon and Australia to prevail in the end in a close final againts whoever.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
aussie said:
Australia & South Africa to join the Kiwi's and Windies i reckon and Australia to prevail in the end in a close final againts whoever.
Australia to go out to India.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
If Australia qualifies with the West Indies does that mean that Australia will qualify second because the West Indies beat them?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm predicting Australia to defeat India and Pakistan to defeat South Africa. Hopefully NZ get put up against WI rather than Australia in the semifinals, seeing as the last time we played the WI we won 4-1 compared to losing 2-1 to Australia.

haroon510

International 12th Man
winneer123 said:
it has only 6.25%
to go to semi final
it can only go if nz and sa lose against pakistan
and have the best net run rate
if u have notice the date i pridicted that before the Sir Lanka VS South Africa's match. considering the fact that thronga, and jaywardne was in form along with sangkara i thought Sir Lanka would be a good team for sami final but they fell short.

india's performance was disappointing but they have the abality to bounce back and win this thing. as iam not good in predicting so i won't predict this time who is going to win. we just have to wait and watch the match lol

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Perm said:
I'm predicting Australia to defeat India and Pakistan to defeat South Africa. Hopefully NZ get put up against WI rather than Australia in the semifinals, seeing as the last time we played the WI we won 4-1 compared to losing 2-1 to Australia.
The series could have gone 3-2 the other way but for a couple periods of play. My point being that 4-1 doesn't exact reveal the whole truth of that series.

Natman20

International Debutant
South Africa top qualifier in group B so that means that the semi's IMO are likely to be:

Australia vs New Zealand
West Indies vs South Africa

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
4-1 was still a fair result though. Even though it could have been 3-2 to the West Indies, NZ were still the better team in that series if you ask me.