• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Semi Finals and Final

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pratyush said:
But match fees means nothing. It hurts only when overs are docked. I was thinking how teams weren't penalised overs in earlier matches as well.
But it wasn't fair under the old system of docking overs that only the team that bowled first could be penalised, while the team bowling second could take as long as they liked to bowl their 50.

Dravid

International Captain
That was such a ugly shot, but got a six so whatever.

236-9. In the last 10 overs Australia only got 32 runs.......

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
_Ed_ said:
But it wasn't fair under the old system of docking overs that only the team that bowled first could be penalised, while the team bowling second could take as long as they liked to bowl their 50.
Yeah.. forgot about that point some how.

Dravid

International Captain
If New Zealand can get through the new ball without losing too many wickets, they have this game.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Bracken you are damn awesome. Honestly, outplayed Clarke by a bloody mile. Hell yessssss. :D

Slow Love™

International Captain
That was a beautiful swat by Bracken. Johnson spent too much time going for the biguns when he should have been looking to give the strike to Bracken - I don't think he connected with any of 'em. Can't expect too much though. :)

Glad they made it to 240, anyway. Fair total, IMO, even if it looked like we might get more with Hussey and Symonds at the crease.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Aussies have gotta be the faves now. 240 is hard to chase against that four pronged seam attack. My best wishes are with new zealand though. :)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aus were cruising until Clarke came in

I like the guy but tonight he was horrible as Oz should've had 260-70 before he came into bat

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Mills just keeps on getting better and better.
Vettori,Oram bowled well

I hope NZs next odi series Gillespie or Patel get Franklins spot

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was the best bowling I've seen NZ produce in the last 10 overs of an innings in quite some time. Great to see.

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
Australia really blew it.....I was picking them to get 270 minimum.
They were playing quite well, timing the ball well, using the quick pace of the wicket.

Looks like they started to struggle when the ball was changed.....doesn't make any sense.

Bond bowled better than his 2 for 55 suggested, and a good comeback from Franklin.

If we can get through the first 15 overs, say 1-2 for 60 odd then we have a chance.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Yeah, nice bowling at the death from the NZ bowlers. Bond taking out Symonds likely destroyed Australia's hopes for a 250+ total, and Mills very effective also.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
_Ed_ said:
When Lou Vincent drops a catch you start to wonder if it's not NZ's day.
I've said plenty of times that Vincent's an overrated fieldsmen. Drops far too many catches.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Anyway, 240 is definately gettable. A lot will depend on how we go against the new ball - if we lose Fleming and Astle early then our woefully out of form middle order is exposed.

I really can't believe that Franklin is still being picked over Patel. Its just completely unfathomable, he's a proven failure - repeatedly - yet he gets given the nod over Patel in a crunch game. Ridiculous.

On another completely different note, but does anyone think that Bond looks like he's reverting back to his old action a bit? Earlier this year he was holding his action much longer, but now his right arm seems to be going behind his head a bit. Might be a reason why he's getting injured so often.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Still loving these games where the bowlers have the opportunity to exert some control over the result, rather than just being fodder for 300+ totals.