Cricket Player Manager
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Asif, Aktar in Doping Charges

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Legglancer
    I am not from Pakistan but I am proud of how the PCB handled this matter so far. They have set the standard for the rest. No self serving coverups like how the ACB covered up Mark Waugh and Shane Warne match fixing.
    Indeed. Fairplay to the PCB

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib
    Serves him right, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by steds
    Serves him right, tbh.
    Quite right.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    I do wish these two will never play international cricket again AND that Pakistan will perform fantastically well in international cricket without them so that they are never missed and given the burial they deserve. That would be real justice and act as balm to the hurt caused to the millions of Pakistani fans.

PS: I am assuming, of course, that they ARE guilty as it does appear to be at this time.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    I guess people will say the old saying that all Pakistani players are cheats and that they should be banned ect ect. Easily the worst era of Pakistani cricket ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    I do wish these two will never play international cricket again AND that Pakistan will perform fantastically well in international cricket without them so that they are never missed and given the burial they deserve. That would be real justice and act as balm to the hurt caused to the millions of Pakistani fans.

PS: I am assuming, of course, that they ARE guilty as it does appear to be at this time.
    Even if the Pakistan team suffers without them, I hope we keep them both out. I hope they're banned and it serves as a lesson to everyone else.

From a few interviews of Mohd Asif that i have seen he comes across as a very simple person a true village guy. I am sure he is not very well informed about which medicine is legal and which is not so there is a great posibility tha he might have taken the medicine on advice of someone to heal up his injury quickly. On the other hand Shoaib is someone who I expect would know what should be taken and what should not be taken.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib
    From a few interviews of Mohd Asif that i have seen he comes across as a very simple person a true village guy. I am sure he is not very well informed about which medicine is legal and which is not so there is a great posibility tha he might have taken the medicine on advice of someone to heal up his injury quickly. On the other hand Shoaib is someone who I expect would know what should be taken and what should not be taken.
    I feel sad for Akhtar but more for Asif as well particularly considering he is so damn good and young. However on this point - ignorance isn't an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Legglancer
    I am not from Pakistan but I am proud of how the PCB handled this matter so far. They have set the standard for the rest. No self serving coverups like how the ACB covered up Mark Waugh and Shane Warne match fixing.
    With all due respect to your rant, Didn't CA set a precedent in last world cup by suspending Shane Warne for one full year ?

Are you for real ? Why shouldn't they be allowed a second or third chance after they server their ban ?

Whatever they have done is inexcusable and they should be punished for that but wishing that they never play international cricket and deserve a burial is simply a huge huge over-reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    I feel sad for Akhtar but more for Asif as well particularly considering he is so damn good and young. However on this point - ignorance isn't an excuse.
    I know its not an excuse and he should be punished, just pointing out that there is a chance he was ill-informed about the medicine that he was been prescribed by his doctor or trainer.

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    Are you for real ? Why shouldn't they be allowed a second or third chance after they server their ban ?
    If they do it enough to need a third chance they don't deserve to play any form of cricket again.

Sad news for all cricket fans, really. The CT is denuded of two of its potentially brightest stars.

That said, I doff my cap to the PCB whose behaviour has been exemplary in this matter. One can't help but think of the Warne incident &, as others have said, in the interests of fair play a one year ban should suffice IMHO.

I am surprised international sportsmen would recourse to Nandrolone tho, which (from what I've read having zero chemical knowledge of my own) is a fairly primitive steroid compared to what is available for the unscrupulous.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Pinball Champion!
    Yeah condolences (if thats the right word) to Pakistani fans, I guess its a similar feeling to having to sit through the King Comission..

What I will say is that it was only a matter of time, pretty much all sports have had their share of drug scandles and cricket had to wait a long time (Warney aside) to really get hit

Anyway, a dark day for cricket, and I hope Asif and Shoaib do their time.. Shoaib I doubt will come back from this crisis
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

PCB could have covered this up pretty easily, just make out both players broke down with injuries let them miss the Champions Trophy get the substance out of oneís system or donít because testing will not occur in the forthcoming test series with the West Indies. Welcome them back and goodnight Charlie the West Indies.

PCB should be commended.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information