• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Watson wants to open the batting

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
dontcloseyoureyes said:
That's right, ignore the rest of my post. At least tell me how his technique is made for spin bowling more than pace.
Watson has a fine technique against pace - shot selection has been his down fall to date.

Some of the shots he played against England were of the highest order.

Against quality spin, he's largely untested although he handled Kaneria well on debut. Most young players (and particularly those from outside the sub-continent), have a problem with "hard hands" and this could be an issue for Watson at present.

However, from what I've seen, he looks as good as any young player technically and I've no doubt that with experience he'll become a top class batsman

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
sideshowtim said:
Watto will be fine for Sunday and will open the batting. Mark my words.
Thats what the back page of the Courier said in the interview with him this morning.:D