• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bond will not sacrifice speed

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
That is his strength and the main reason he has his wickets at such a low price, so good show.

I hope he gets a real injury-free period now, NZ need him obviously but I think that cricket does too.

I've hardly seen him bowl tbh so will be watching the Kiwi games with interest.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
He doesn't have a choice - he needs to bowl at top pace because without him NZ,s seamers are friendly - especialy in Test cricket(not that NZ are playing much of that just now - we'll see if concentrating on ODIs works at the World Cup).

Dravid

International Captain
I like the confidence from Bond. He's 31 and just has a few more years of International Cricket left in him. Might as well go all out and get as many wickets as he can get instead of trying to save his career. His career isnt going to go on for another decade.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Sanz said:
Yeah, He will sacrifice his career instead.
Yeah, I was kinda thinking that myself. With these kind of articles/interviews though, you usually find the same things are said again and again (lest you face accusations of not being completely committed, or similar), so it may be that he'll play it a bit careful to start. IMO he could hold back a touch with a view to turning it up according to circumstances.

Can't really say this approach has stood him in good stead up to now, either.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Bond talks a big game. Often he delivers, but often his words are swiftly followed by an injury.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
James said:
Bond will not sacrifice speed
Well Malcolm may have made mistakes, but I think sacrifice to the cricketing gods is a bit harsh too.

ho-hum.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Voltman said:
Bond talks a big game. Often he delivers, but often his words are swiftly followed by an injury.
Very true, its very unfortunate that he is so injury proned. Just like Allot & Doull, it would have great to see an Kiwi attack of Bond/Allot/Doull.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
This reminds me of Akhtar and when he was being told by everybody and his uncle to cut his run up. In fact I was one of them. But then he comes back and takes 17 wickets against England and shuts everyone up.

Speed is Bond's ultimate weapon. He wouldn't be as good without it, IMHO. Also, he probably likes the rep he's got right now, where everybody non-kiwi wishes he stayed injured.

sideshowtim

Banned
This is just ridiculous. Bond is stuck in a 90 year olds body bowling at 150km/h...I just don't think he was made for the game of cricket despite his excellent results so far.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hahaha no **** hey, I was going to start a thread called 'Bond Watch' in anticipation of him being injured. Has anyone ruled out the theory that he's emo?

sideshowtim

Banned
benchmark00 said:
Hahaha no **** hey, I was going to start a thread called 'Bond Watch' in anticipation of him being injured. Has anyone ruled out the theory that he's emo?
I wouldn't rule it out. The guy has gone through alot of crap in his career!

Natman20

International Debutant
A great player but never gets to play. Should retire after world cup if he could even make it there.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Surely this will hit the confidence of the team. I mean they say they are used to it, but Bracewell and Fleming were talking about how happy they were to have a fit team..and then this happens (again). South Africa is probably one of the few teams though that has played Bond ok, I think our slower bowlers could be more of a threat to them however.