• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Qualifying Round - Sri Lanka, West Indies, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
Actually guys I think the loser of SL vs. WI will qualify into Australia's group. I think James just made an error. Qualifier 2 goes to Aus/Ind/Eng group and then qualifier 1 is in the SA/Pak/NZ one.
You are right !! An uncharacteristic error from James there !!

The loser plays v Australia, India , while the winner plays NZ, SA , Pakistan.

Therefore winning is all the more important .

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Windies win the toss. Looks like Bradshaw is out and Edwards in for whatever reason.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why on earth would they leave out their best ODI bowler for Fidel Edwards. Pretty silly move if you ask me. Edwards probably end up getting a 5 fer now.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Malinga all over the shop. I`m tipping Fernando to have a gun match just quietly.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Vaas gets Sarwan and the West Indies are in trouble, if only Malinga can keep up the pressure from the other end.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sri Lanka favourites here for me. The wicket is so dry and suits Sri Lanka perfectly. Add the swing Vaas has got to get the two early wickets and you know the only factor which can save the Windies here is one Brian Lara.

oz_fan

International Regular
Vaas gets another wicket. Sarwan out LBW for a duck, WI 12/2.

Perm said:
Why on earth would they leave out their best ODI bowler for Fidel Edwards. Pretty silly move if you ask me. Edwards probably end up getting a 5 fer now.
Agreed. It's also strange why they would include Edwards over Jerome Taylor who is a much better ODI bowler.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Even Lara has played and missed a fair bit. As long as they survive the period, it would be good enough where the Windies are concerned.