• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Qualifying Round - Sri Lanka, West Indies, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The went with the side I suggested but they've dropped Mufambisi and kept Kamungozi. I really don't know why - Kamungozi is very, very ordinary and Mufambisi hasn't been horrible either (well, not compared to the other batsmen).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
JASON said:
SL v WI - losing may not be a bad thing as it will give the loser a better chance of going further than the winner who has to beat Australia or hosts India to progress further.
Yeah its a bit odd. I reckon the winner should get the luxury of avoiding the best ranked team at the time of the tournament, that being Australia.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Zimbabwe keeping it tight, but the Deshis are doing well enough. Nafees in good touch.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nafees please outscore Saqibul Hasan. There's still a chance you can top score for the Banglas this tourny and win me some cash.

I love watching Nafees bat, not because he's necessarily exciting to watch, but because his temperament is incredible. Never seems bothered, and rarely loses his head ala Ashraful or Aftab Ahmed.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Awesome innings. What an exciting prospect for Bangladesh for the next 15 years. :D

Really held it together on a two-paced pitch.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
Yeah its a bit odd. I reckon the winner should get the luxury of avoiding the best ranked team at the time of the tournament, that being Australia.
To be honest, I'd rather the chances of SL/WI qualifying from the India/Aus/Eng group than RSA/NZ/Pak.

England aren't a great one day side, and who knows with India. South Africa, Pakistan and New Zealand are harder teams to beat.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Jono said:
I agree - and the danger is(although I don't think it will happen) is that with both already through one team might prefer to lose(SL lost 6-1 in India last year - might want to avoid them). Why not start the qualyfing round with SL v WI and Zim v Bangladesh - then all six games would have meant something. Surely the ICC should have learned from the match-fixing scandal that dead ODIs aren't a good idea.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Huge effort there from Nafees to carry his bat and hopefully see Bangladesh through. Bashar`s 30 was one of the most captain-like innings I`ve ever seen, really worked with Nafees.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Poker Boy said:
Why not start the qualyfing round with SL v WI and Zim v Bangladesh - then all six games would have meant something.
Not really, they'd still have been 1 v 2 and 3 v 4 play offs.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Nnanden said:
Huge effort there from Nafees to carry his bat and hopefully see Bangladesh through. Bashar`s 30 was one of the most captain-like innings I`ve ever seen, really worked with Nafees.
Agred. Also, the first Bangladeshi to score two ODI centuries.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What annoys me is that Mufambisi would have been a really useful batsman on this pitch from what I've seen. He comes forward and looks to play down the ground - exact what is required.

It's funny too, because since he came into the side, I have been against his selection in every match he has played... for this match, I was for his selection, and he got left out!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Strydom looking really uncomfortable against the spinners. Sucks to be Taylor. :(

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nnanden said:
Strydom looking really uncomfortable against the spinners. Sucks to be Taylor. :(
Taylor isn't a natural player of spin either. Our best player of spin got run out...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Prince EWS said:
Taylor isn't a natural player of spin either. Our best player of spin got run out...
Taylor really is shocking running between the wickets. He's run out two batsmen in this match and ran himself out against the West Indies.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nafees looks to be a hugely talented young batsman, expect big things from him in the future, also about time Rajin Saleh was selected. He looked to be one of Bangladesh's best players, Saqibal Hasan also looks immensely talented.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Actually guys I think the loser of SL vs. WI will qualify into Australia's group. I think James just made an error. Qualifier 2 goes to Aus/Ind/Eng group and then qualifier 1 is in the SA/Pak/NZ one.