• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Qualifying Round - Sri Lanka, West Indies, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe

James

Cricket Web Owner
For discussion around the qualifying round which consists of Sri Lanka, West Indies, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
James said:
60 minutes, 10pm New Zealand time.
Thanks James.

I hope Bangladesh put up a good show . A loss to either team would mean they cannot afford to lose again during the remaining qualifiers.

oz_fan

International Regular
SL comfortable at 212/3 after 37 overs. Should be looking to set Bangladesh a target of 280+.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Upul Tharanga’s fifth century in ODI cricket, guys only played thirty odd games, very impressive.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
LongHopCassidy said:
They'll make 330, you mark my words.
I’ll doubt it now but two hundred would have probably been enough on this wicket for this opposition.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
302 in the end. I'd like to see some fireworks from the Bangers instead of three quick wickets, and crawling to 8-190.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Big score for SL - just one question: Why did Bangladesh put them in? Do they fancy themselves to chase 300 or did they think their bowlers could restrict SL?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Poker Boy said:
Big score for SL - just one question: Why did Bangladesh put them in? Do they fancy themselves to chase 300 or did they think their bowlers could restrict SL?
Well the conditions were quite helpful at the beginning and the Sri Lanka batsman were rather watchful to begin with. So the captain probably thought he could snare a few out but he must have been dreaming or on crack considering the bowling attack he has. Sri Lanka could have got 350 plus if they liked, hardly any of the batsman got out of third gear.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bloody Jayawardene. Was batting like a dream, and I have some cash on him to be SL's highest scorer this Champions Trophy. He could have easily tonned up if he didn't get carried away. He was putting away the Bangladeshi bowlers like they were from under 16s.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Farhad Reza is going to get found out against the better sides, you can't bowl inaccurate 75mph medium-pace from a small frame and expect to get away with it.

Bashar was clearly reluctant to use Rafique while the fielding restrictions were in place, which should not be the case. Rafique should be the first spinner into the attack, as he is good enough to pick up wickets even if he does leak a few early on. I didn't see anything of Saqibul, anyone know how well he bowled?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Jungle Jumbo said:
Farhad Reza is going to get found out against the better sides, you can't bowl inaccurate 75mph medium-pace from a small frame and expect to get away with it.

Bashar was clearly reluctant to use Rafique while the fielding restrictions were in place, which should not be the case. Rafique should be the first spinner into the attack, as he is good enough to pick up wickets even if he does leak a few early on. I didn't see anything of Saqibul, anyone know how well he bowled?
Started off poorly and it didn’t get much better, bowled far too much down the legside and then was just milked to high heaven. Bowled slow left arm but the Sky information bar had him down as a medium pacer.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
TT Boy said:
Started off poorly and it didn’t get much better, bowled far too much down the legside and then was just milked to high heaven. Bowled slow left arm but the Sky information bar had him down as a medium pacer.
Cricinfo mistake - they have him down as medium pace, but he's always been SLA.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Another good performance by bangladesh......losing by 37 runs for me is a victory for them considering they were chasing above 6 runs per over and they didnt loose 10 wickets in the end.