Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Qualifying Round - Sri Lanka, West Indies, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe

Zimbabwe are a disgrace.

The emerging Australian team beat them 3-0 in a series earlier in the year and that was on at the same time as the Top End Series. I think George Bailey scored 135 off 65 balls or something equally ridiculous.
    Last edited by Great Birtannia; 08-10-2006 at 03:45 PM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Zimbabwe cricket- Huge work in progress. They'll come right eventually, once they get some decent people at the top.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    it's really e, really really e.
    #JFT96
    "I can't promise anyone success but I can promise them a trip to the moon." - John King
    SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar

Oh Chris, come back.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Zimbabwe were PATHETIC....and they won't improve until there's regime change there. David Houghton said on Sky they were'nt good enough...wow, Dave thanks for stating the obvious...but how could they be anything else? Think of who could play for them but don't...Goodwin,Streak,the Flowers,Ervine,Price,Benkenstein(he was born there)Taibu and Olonga with Houghton as coach...with those players they'd at least be competitive. PS - if their own board don't think they are good enough for Test cricket why are they playing ODIs and when(or even if) will they play Test cricket again? Oh and about Gayle...I think he was just bored and wanted to finish the "match" off quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Poker Boy
    Zimbabwe were PATHETIC....and they won't improve until there's regime change there. David Houghton said on Sky they were'nt good enough...wow, Dave thanks for stating the obvious...but how could they be anything else? Think of who could play for them but don't...Goodwin,Streak,the Flowers,Ervine,Price,Benkenstein(he was born there)Taibu and Olonga with Houghton as coach...with those players they'd at least be competitive. PS - if their own board don't think they are good enough for Test cricket why are they playing ODIs and when(or even if) will they play Test cricket again? Oh and about Gayle...I think he was just bored and wanted to finish the "match" off quick.
    Thanks for reminding me the golden era of Zim cricket, they were my favourite team to watch in the 99 WC.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Loots's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Birtannia
    Zimbabwe are a disgrace.
    A bit harsh, sure they really sucked against the West Indies - But that happens to every team on a given day, particularly if it is a young, unexperienced side playing against world class opposition. They have been having some credible results lately - Scoring 250+ against SA and beating Bangladesh in the ODI series in particular.

I know they are possibly the weakest team on the International Circuit - But the way that their players commit themselves to a near-hopeless cause and occassionally show some international class cricket is no disgrace at all.
    "Bring me the toolshed, for I am hungry"

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loots
    A bit harsh, sure they really sucked against the West Indies - But that happens to every team on a given day, particularly if it is a young, unexperienced side playing against world class opposition. They have been having some credible results lately - Scoring 250+ against SA and beating Bangladesh in the ODI series in particular.

I know they are possibly the weakest team on the International Circuit - But the way that their players commit themselves to a near-hopeless cause and occassionally show some international class cricket is no disgrace at all.
    Well said Loots, everybody knows they are weak but if they can continue taking these small steps then one day they will be competitive again. But the infrastructure of Zimbabwe cricket is ridiculous.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    Well, cricbuzz has more detailed commentary and equal details more or less and I don't see why doing it from office or wherever should result in slowness. As a consumer, end result should matter for me as well rather than why who is slower. CI would win more on the credibility though obviously.
    Cricinfo has Jenny Thompson. They win.

SL bat first...443 in danger again?
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

I was very disappointed by the performance of our guys in the first match, but hopefully they can do better in this one. I don't think that we will win, but maybe put up more of a fight, get 200+ with the bat.

The problem is that whilst these young batsmen have talent (a lot of it in Taylor, Masakadza and Sibanda's cases) they have not had access to a strong first-class system where they can develop their techniques, and in the logan cup it's very easy to score runs- Vusi is probably finding it harder in Aussie Grade right now than he ever has done before. They'll get there. Eventually.
    ZIMBABWE
    Somebody has to...

Brilliant run out of Jayasuriya, a very nice 6 from Tharanga as well.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Tharanga a weak team bully?

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib
    Tharanga a weak team bully?
    Makes a habit of getting tons against the poor teams of ODI cricket (excluding New Zealand) but still a pretty impressive record the kid has. His only twenty one and he has already hit six centuries.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Since when were NZ a poor ODI side?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Since when were NZ a poor ODI side?
    I think the point may be that he has a ton against New Zealand...

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information