• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Qualifying Round - Sri Lanka, West Indies, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They handled Murali like a dream. One thinks if they just attacked Malinga a little more, and didn't let him settle into that short crap at the body so easily, they could have had more runs on the board early.

I'm really quite surprised as to how well they went, particularly once Ahmed and Bashar fell in the same over. The old Bangladesh would have crumbled to less than 150. And its not to say that SL were in cruise mode, they were busting their balls.

Quite proud of Bangladesh today. If only Nafees scored well.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Once again the top-order fails, but some really good cricket from Farhad and Saqibul who are really flourishing in internationals. The biggest debate now is how the bowling attack should be made up - Shahadat would have made a huge difference today, but it's hard to accomodate him without weakening any already fragile batting lineup. The most likely change is a straight switch with Rasel, but Farhad could get mullered again by the West Indies.

Dravid

International Captain
Bangladesh scored more runs than I expected. Good batting from them even though they lost.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah, its impressive that they didn't lose by much. From what I heard, the pitch was good enough where 302 was very much chasable. I credit their small margined loss to their bowling at the death rather than their batting.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Good score by Bangladesh to lose only by 37 chasing 300 plus. This after Ashraful and Nafees failed to score too many .
It may be not a bad strategy for them to bowl Rafique during power play (as Murali does and as a result gives more runs than some other spinners who bowl after power play ) as he seems to be their most economical bowler .

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Great to see Marvan Atapattu back in the Team and among the runs. Good Century by Tharanga . Tougher games ahead , which count more than this one .

Against Zimbabwe SL may be better of playing CK , Ruchira and Bandara instead of Murali, Malinga and Maharoof , to give those 3 a chance to see what they can do .

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd like to see more of Chamara Kapugedara and I hope he does get a game against, even if it is only against Zimbabwe he looks good for such a youngster. Great to see Upal Tharanga scoring a century, gifted ODI player when he gets set. Also good to see Atapattu back on the field and in the runs. Razzaq and Rafique kept it tight for Bangladesh which is good to see, shame nobody could support Saqibal Hasan. If he had a partner and scored quicker then it could've been a good win for Bangladesh. Promising signs early for them.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Perm said:
I'd like to see more of Chamara Kapugedara and I hope he does get a game against, even if it is only against Zimbabwe he looks good for such a youngster. Great to see Upal Tharanga scoring a century, gifted ODI player when he gets set. Also good to see Atapattu back on the field and in the runs. Razzaq and Rafique kept it tight for Bangladesh which is good to see, shame nobody could support Saqibal Hasan. If he had a partner and scored quicker then it could've been a good win for Bangladesh. Promising signs early for them.

Me too. His international record isn't flash but he has a lot of talent, probably the best I've seen in a young player in quite a while.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Offtopic but best wishes with Rudi Koertzen who is standing in today’s game. Daryll Cullinan has just said on commentary that Rudi is currently battling skin cancer (hence the Santa Claus beard).

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
oz_fan said:
Zimababwe already struggling after 5 overs at 11/2.
Four down now, poor Zimbabwe. The two openers had obviously been to the Herschelle Gibbs school of batting, concrete feet and all.

Last edited:

stumpski

International Captain
It would be a pity if after 10 years without playing in India Brian Lara's fans don't see him bat today. Maybe he should open.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
stumpski said:
It would be a pity if after 10 years without playing in India Brian Lara's fans don't see him bat today. Maybe he should open.
Very few people in the stadium and Windies will have more matches in this tournament. So not a big deal really.