Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Qualifying Round - Sri Lanka, West Indies, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy
    Started off poorly and it didnít get much better, bowled far too much down the legside and then was just milked to high heaven. Bowled slow left arm but the Sky information bar had him down as a medium pacer.
    Cricinfo mistake - they have him down as medium pace, but he's always been SLA.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    And Shahriar plays out a maiden. Never send a boy.......
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Nafees gone.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    ...Malinga into his 11th over according to Cricinfo commentary.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Another good performance by bangladesh......losing by 37 runs for me is a victory for them considering they were chasing above 6 runs per over and they didnt loose 10 wickets in the end.
    Wasim Akram: The most sKiLlFuL bowler in history!

Mcgrath said he is fond of the genius "Akram would power through the crease and do whatever he wanted with the old and new ball"

Allan Border "If I ever get a chance to be reborn as a cricketer, I would want to be Wasim"

Richards, Tendulkar and Waugh described Akram as the most dangerous bowler they had ever faced.

> > > Wasims Magic Delivery. Late Swing. Hatrick. < < <

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Yea, I am pretty impressed by Bangladesh. They did well to bat out 50 overs and put 267 on the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

They handled Murali like a dream. One thinks if they just attacked Malinga a little more, and didn't let him settle into that short crap at the body so easily, they could have had more runs on the board early.

I'm really quite surprised as to how well they went, particularly once Ahmed and Bashar fell in the same over. The old Bangladesh would have crumbled to less than 150. And its not to say that SL were in cruise mode, they were busting their balls.

Quite proud of Bangladesh today. If only Nafees scored well.

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Once again the top-order fails, but some really good cricket from Farhad and Saqibul who are really flourishing in internationals. The biggest debate now is how the bowling attack should be made up - Shahadat would have made a huge difference today, but it's hard to accomodate him without weakening any already fragile batting lineup. The most likely change is a straight switch with Rasel, but Farhad could get mullered again by the West Indies.

Bangladesh scored more runs than I expected. Good batting from them even though they lost.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Yeah, its impressive that they didn't lose by much. From what I heard, the pitch was good enough where 302 was very much chasable. I credit their small margined loss to their bowling at the death rather than their batting.
    RIP Craigos

Good score by Bangladesh to lose only by 37 chasing 300 plus. This after Ashraful and Nafees failed to score too many .
    It may be not a bad strategy for them to bowl Rafique during power play (as Murali does and as a result gives more runs than some other spinners who bowl after power play ) as he seems to be their most economical bowler .

Great to see Marvan Atapattu back in the Team and among the runs. Good Century by Tharanga . Tougher games ahead , which count more than this one .

Against Zimbabwe SL may be better of playing CK , Ruchira and Bandara instead of Murali, Malinga and Maharoof , to give those 3 a chance to see what they can do .

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    I'd like to see more of Chamara Kapugedara and I hope he does get a game against, even if it is only against Zimbabwe he looks good for such a youngster. Great to see Upal Tharanga scoring a century, gifted ODI player when he gets set. Also good to see Atapattu back on the field and in the runs. Razzaq and Rafique kept it tight for Bangladesh which is good to see, shame nobody could support Saqibal Hasan. If he had a partner and scored quicker then it could've been a good win for Bangladesh. Promising signs early for them.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm
    I'd like to see more of Chamara Kapugedara and I hope he does get a game against, even if it is only against Zimbabwe he looks good for such a youngster. Great to see Upal Tharanga scoring a century, gifted ODI player when he gets set. Also good to see Atapattu back on the field and in the runs. Razzaq and Rafique kept it tight for Bangladesh which is good to see, shame nobody could support Saqibal Hasan. If he had a partner and scored quicker then it could've been a good win for Bangladesh. Promising signs early for them.

Me too. His international record isn't flash but he has a lot of talent, probably the best I've seen in a young player in quite a while.

Zimababwe already struggling after 5 overs at 11/2.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information