• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Younis refuses to captain

Xuhaib

International Coach
One can only speculate at the moment .

My feeling is that some senior pros like Shoaib and Afridi are uncomfortable in playing under Younis.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Looks like that whole "converting to Islam" thing paid off. :p

Strange decision for Younis to make tho; for mine he has more about him as a captain than Inzi ever did. Don't think we're getting the full story.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
BoyBrumby said:
Strange decision for Younis to make tho; for mine he has more about him as a captain than Inzi ever did. Don't think we're getting the full story.
I think he had the right stuff to be the best Pakistani captain since Imran.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think we are getting the full story either, Younis would make a great captain for Pakistan. He is smart and inventive, pro-active rather than re-active and could have made a good fist out of it. Let's hope that this won't hurt his chances when Inzamam retires after the World Cup.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
So Younis IS captaining Pakistan now! Has anyone got an idea what the hell is going on? It's total choas!(par for the course with Pakistan). I could never fathom out the reason that was quoted on Skytext in Britain about being a "dummy" captain - he'd have stood in if Inzy had been injured and not suspended so that didn't make sense.Did someone at the PCB talk some sense into him. PS - with any other team this would wreck their chances but Pakistan must be used to this.