• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should there be compulsory Drug Testing before Champions Trophy ?

Should there be compulsory Drug Testing of all cricketers at Champions Trophy ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Is there any drug testing done before the Champions Trophy ? I hope the ICC take steps to enforce compulsory drug testing before Champions Trophy using Neutral Drug Testing Agency . This is now standard practice in all sports and Cricket should not lag behind , IMO .
I hope the ICC take steps to do compulsory tests on all Cricketers before the Champions Trophy and the World Cup.
Any way your opinions ...

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
There should be regular drug testing anyway...I'm not sure what they do now, it might already be the case.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
JASON said:
Is there any drug testing done before the Champions Trophy ? I hope the ICC take steps to enforce compulsory drug testing before Champions Trophy using Neutral Drug Testing Agency . This is now standard practice in all sports and Cricket should not lag behind , IMO .
I hope the ICC take steps to do compulsory tests on all Cricketers before the Champions Trophy and the World Cup.
Any way your opinions ...
Jason aka Nostradamus

Matt79

Global Moderator
prescient stuff Jase. and of course the answer is "yes". What were LHC and Pasag thinking voting no btw?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jason, that's really scary. Seriously a random thread a few weeks ago... Nostradamus indeed.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yea, definatly. IMO, there should be compusory drug testing of every player playing an international match at least three times a year, done at random intervals.

Its too obvious if you schedule it before a major tournament. It should be relatively random.

I.e on the morning of the second test, Malcom Speed shows up with a cup.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Er...how much does anyone outside of professional cricket know how much players are tested?

I sure don't, could anyone enlighten me on the subject?

haroon510

International 12th Man
pasag said:
haroon510 and Mushy always esacping scrutiny.
i don't escap him or anything whatever u think.whatever he thinks it is his point of view. i just don't mind it is a free world everyone is entitled to their opinion and it should be respected by others. if he thinks pakistan is a cheat team ok it is his opinion i can't change his opinion why waste of time arguing with him.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Matt79 said:
prescient stuff Jase. and of course the answer is "yes". What were LHC and Pasag thinking voting no btw?
Thanks Mate . LHC and Pasag are obviously suspect on this forum...:laugh:

Matt79

Global Moderator
pasag said:
haroon510 and Mushy always esacping scrutiny.
I actually thought Haroon had disappeared - hadn't seen him for ages, until the Akhtar Asif thing blew up...