very surprised to see Prince left out for Bosman (although he did look decent in pro20 international vs Aus earlier in the year) & Van der wath.
I thought Botha was cleared & can play again because if you are going to drop Boje i'd pick him over Peterson who isn't that special IMO.
poor bloke, Boje should have been picked
Last edited by Mr Mxyzptlk; 09-09-2006 at 04:14 PM.
Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."
Me too, thats the only time I have ever cheered on a team playing against SA.. I thought that each six would be another nail in RP's coffin and we'd never have to see him at the top level again..Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
Guess I was very wrong
Boje sucks, as long as Nel is in the team then i'm happy.
He sucks less than Peterson, and certainly in his last 15 ODIs.
An average of 31 and an economy of 4.20 is quite respectable for a spinner in ODIs, especially when he's capable of scoring hundreds.
wordOriginally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
Is they included Steyn in the squad?Originally Posted by The Baconator
Yes,you are rightOriginally Posted by aussie
- Balance. Versatility. Value addition. This side has lots of it.
- The strike bowling pair of Pollock and Ntini is very powerful, even on unhelpful pitches.
- Andre Nel is fast, aggressive and can surprise batsmen even here, with his power.
- Kallis' batting itself is a strength.
- Some batsmen are easy targets.
- Among the multi-purpose blokes, Kallis doesn't bowl much (if he does), Justin Kemp has been out of action for long, while Andrew Hall is a mere bits-and-pieces selection.
- They don't have a quality spinner, and the one included may be a weak link. They may have to play an all-seam attack.
- Four hundred third time over? They're playing at Mohali!
- They are likely to face Lanka, who can't handle pace too well.
- They will also face Pakistan, the unpredictable.
- The weather and pitches, even hard outfields (not Mohali) will go against them.
- Pakistan, after all, is unpredictable.
- Lankan spinners will relish bowling to them.
"Talent is nothing without opportunity"
"You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"
Twenty20 used to be boring.
Your all things are rightOriginally Posted by Arjun
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)