• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Without a doubt Gillespie should have gotten a go, even over Franklin.

Fleming playing a lone hand.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I forgot about how good Frankers batting was.

How good is Fleming. :D Not his best innings ever, but he`s shown a damn large amount of application.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Fleming's great...he's got to have one of the finest cricketing brains (and mindsets) of his generation.

I can't believe people are belittling SL's chances so much - I reckon they're going to top the group, with SA second. Would have been Pak second if not for the drugs - allegedly ;)

SL are bang on form, and have the players to seriously do some damage on these pitches.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Anyone think Sri Lanka are playing too many bowlers? Have a surplus of bowling options, might be worth dropping Fernando for another batsmen or part-timer.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
If the New Zealand spinners don’t get any purchase on this wicket they should both retire.

Though I must say I thought New Zealand gave South Africa a big hand today, ¾ quarters of the wickets were just given to them.

Could be a tricky total to hunt down, depends on the start South Africa make. They should be positive and effectively try and kill the game before the spinners even have chance to come on. Promoting Kemp could be a decent thought.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
Anyone think Sri Lanka are playing too many bowlers? Have a surplus of bowling options, might be worth dropping Fernando for another batsmen or part-timer.
No not really, regardless of his performance over the weekend Farveez Maharoof is a pretty inconsistent bowler and is likely to haemorrhage runs. Fernando may struggle with his run up and no balls et cetera but when he gets it right his a talent and adds variety to their attack. Their team looks pretty good and balanced to me though maybe a few questions remain over their lower order.

TazzX

U19 12th Man
Nnanden said:
I forgot about how good Frankers batting was.

How good is Fleming. :D Not his best innings ever, but he`s shown a damn large amount of application.
There is nothing good about Fleming. Have scored more than fifty 50's and only converted 6 of those, sign of a average batsmen with limited mental strenght.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
TT Boy said:
If the New Zealand spinners don’t get any purchase on this wicket they should both retire.

Though I must say I thought New Zealand gave South Africa a big hand today, ¾ quarters of the wickets were just given to them.

Could be a tricky total to hunt down, depends on the start South Africa make. They should be positive and effectively try and kill the game before the spinners even have chance to come on. Promoting Kemp could be a decent thought.
Kemp hasn`t been in good touch at all of late. Predicting him to fail tonight.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
TazzX said:
There is nothing good about Fleming. Have scored more than fifty 50's and only converted 6 of those, sign of a average batsmen with limited mental strenght.
I like Fleming but you just knew he was not going to get a ton today, looked pretty much gone come the end but if it wasn’t for him New Zealand might have gave the West Indies total a good run.

TazzX

U19 12th Man
Mahindinho said:
Fleming's great...he's got to have one of the finest cricketing brains (and mindsets) of his generation.
Mr.Brain explosion I cant score past 90? Yeah great mind.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
TazzX said:
Contradicted yourself there. Fleming is not the most talented of players, but applies himself well and is a very strong captain.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
Kemp hasn`t been in good touch at all of late. Predicting him to fail tonight.
TBH if he isn’t going to turn his arm over, shouldn’t be in the team. Indian wickets probably won’t suit him anyhow (terrible player of spin also). AB should be in there, scores runs at a healthy rate, not as quick as Kemp but is by far a superior player.