• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Have to say that this group is far too difficult to call IMO.

One things for sure, the group stage of the CT >>>>>>> the group stage of the World Cup.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Definately agree, there are no easy matches here unlike at the World Cup.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Have to say that this group is far too difficult to call IMO.

One things for sure, the group stage of the CT >>>>>>> the group stage of the World Cup.
I guess you haven't heard of the Super 8 comming in for the next WC, same as the group stages of the CT. ;)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
NZ beat SL and Pakistan in an ODI series in SL to win it not so long ago ... was it called the Bank Alfallah Cup or some such thing like that.
ok didn't follow that one too closely....anyway at this point, i don't see new zealand as a serious contender....

shortpitched713

International Captain
This group's a tossup really. I give a slight edge to South Africa and would do the same for Pakistan if they had Inzi. With Bond a doubt now, I'd say it will be between Pak and SL for the second qualifier.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
magsi23 said:
Pakistan and South Africa will qualify IMO
I have this feeling that Pakistan will loose against Sri lanka but will beat south africa and NZ to quailfy, the second team will be sri lanka.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
rough that Bond won't be playing, his pace could have really given the Kiwis an edge againts the Saffies.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think a certain Graeme Smith will be very pleased with the fact that Bond isn't playing, I'm picking him to make a decent score now that his deficienct against swing and pace won't be exposed as much as it would've had Bond been playing.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well considering Pakistan will be without Inzi, Shoaib & Asif..I think that pretty much kills their chances. At least with NZ they have won quite a few ODI's without Bond, so they know they can do it if they turn up on the day.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Really hoping the Kiwis win tonight. Great bunch.

Pakistan`s chances look slim now, but Rao will go off. :D

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Realistically that should be the end of Pakistan's Champions Trophy, should just be a three way fight now.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Chance that U-19 seamer could come it to the Pakistan team and crap on everyone? :D

Rao is the key.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
South Africa have won the toss and will field first.

Line ups

Smith, Dippenaar, Gibbs, Kallis, Kemp, MV Boucher, Pollock, Hall, Peterson, Nel, Ntini.

Fleming,Astle, Vincent, Fulton, Marshall, Oram, McCullum, Vettori, Franklin, Mills, Patel.

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
TT Boy said:

Line ups

Smith, Dippenaar, Gibbs, Kallis, Kemp, MV Boucher, Pollock, Hall, Peterson, Nel, Ntini.

Fleming,Astle, Vincent, Fulton, Marshall, Oram, McCullum, Vettori, Franklin, Mills, Patel.
Fulton in for Styris. Any news on Styris' fitness? I know he retired hurt the last warm up game due to cramp.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
TT Boy said:

Line ups

Cool that we're playing Patel and Vettori. Not cool that Gillespie's not playing.