Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 786

Thread: Group B - Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka

  1. #61
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    14,181
    Anyway....

    I'm glad Sri Lanka are performing well, they should really give all the teams in this group a run for their money.

  2. #62
    Cricketer Of The Year Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    9,776
    this is a tough group, really difficult to gauge who is going to go through....new zealand would be the weakest side in these conditions to start with...

  3. #63
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Big call about NZ being the weakest, our last series against Sri Lanka resulted in a 4-1 win. It's all about what team turns up on the day, with South Africa probably being the most consistent team in this group.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

  4. #64
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Sri Lanka to win this group quite easier, the only question is who is going to finish 2nd, my money is on a Bond lead NZ.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

    Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

    RIP WCC and CW Cricket

    Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS


  5. #65
    Tim
    Tim is offline
    Cricketer Of The Year Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    7,888
    For starters, im not sure if NZ, Pakistan or South Africa will capitulate to a bowler like Maharoof like the Windies did.

  6. #66
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    For starters, im not sure if NZ, Pakistan or South Africa will capitulate to a bowler like Maharoof like the Windies did.
    Im sure they will and im also sure that Murali will bowl a lot better then he did in the qualifers.

  7. #67
    Cricketer Of The Year JASON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    At Work
    Posts
    7,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Yesh, but it's only against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. Oh, and Sri Lanka. Pssht. Lightweights.

  8. #68
    Cricketer Of The Year JASON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    At Work
    Posts
    7,558
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    Sri Lanka to win this group quite easier, the only question is who is going to finish 2nd, my money is on a Bond lead NZ.
    I wouldn't be so confidant , given the competition goes up several notches now.

    I would say Pakistan will qualify definitely and the second spot is a mud wrestle between the other three , NZ, SA, SL. If Bond bowls a dream and Vettori and Mills/Oram - and the Kiwi batting clicks , it would be NZ and Pak IMO. SL to beat SA to punish them for running away from SL and causing us pain.

  9. #69
    Cricketer Of The Year JASON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    At Work
    Posts
    7,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm
    Big call about NZ being the weakest, our last series against Sri Lanka resulted in a 4-1 win. It's all about what team turns up on the day, with South Africa probably being the most consistent team in this group.
    Their form in important tournaments and big competitions is not good and the record speaks for itself , hence the tag of "Chokers" by a well known Mr.S .Waugh .

  10. #70
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    I'm sure he will bowl alot better too. New Zealand and South Africa have enough right arm fast medium bowlers playing for them to know how to play them well, not trying to detract from his performance too much but he is hardly likely to rip through sides very often. I hope he does bowl well because he looks a real talent but I think he will be played comfortably enough and won't cause too much trouble.

    Last time Muralitharan played against NZ he took 3 wickets at 49 and I'm sure our batsman will be confident when playing him. Also your claim that SL will win this group easily is pretty overconfident and ****-sure, we know that Sri Lanka are a good side but so are New Zealand, South Africa and Pakistan. It won't be as easy as you seem to think it will be.

  11. #71
    Cricketer Of The Year JASON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    At Work
    Posts
    7,558
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka? Dream group to watch?
    You Bet !!

    And Even if SL lost to Pakistan and NZ in close matches but beat SA by a whopping big margin I will be the happiest guy on this Universe !

  12. #72
    Cricketer Of The Year JASON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    At Work
    Posts
    7,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm
    I'm sure he will bowl alot better too. New Zealand and South Africa have enough right arm fast medium bowlers playing for them to know how to play them well, not trying to detract from his performance too much but he is hardly likely to rip through sides very often. I hope he does bowl well because he looks a real talent but I think he will be played comfortably enough and won't cause too much trouble.

    Last time Muralitharan played against NZ he took 3 wickets at 49 and I'm sure our batsman will be confident when playing him. Also your claim that SL will win this group easily is pretty overconfident and ****-sure, we know that Sri Lanka are a good side but so are New Zealand, South Africa and Pakistan. It won't be as easy as you seem to think it will be.
    I agree , Murali is not such a big factor as he used to be in ODIs , and most Teams have developed good strategies to deal with him by now .

  13. #73
    Cricketer Of The Year JASON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    At Work
    Posts
    7,558
    Quote Originally Posted by shortpitched713
    Especially midget sex. I don't know how the heck you get off to that **** Scaly.

  14. #74
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia, formerly of Christchurch, NZ
    Posts
    15
    New Zealand will finish 2nd, behind South Africa. Pakistan will be a shambles this time around, and won't win a game. Too much off field controversy, surely they must not be fully focused on the game at the moment.

    New Zealand will beat Australia in a titanic semi final, with South Africa losing to India in the other.

    New Zealand will then lose the final simply based on home ground advantage..

    Just stating my opinion, don't lynch me for turning against my county of birth!!!!

    (P.S I hope I am wrong, and that they dominate until the World Cup Final! I'd like to see two World Cup trophies going to NZ in 2007, not just one.)

  15. #75
    Cricketer Of The Year JASON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    At Work
    Posts
    7,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Riddell
    (P.S I hope I am wrong, and that they dominate until the World Cup Final! I'd like to see two World Cup trophies going to NZ in 2007, not just one.)
    You forgot the World SoftBall Championship Trophy and Possibly America's Cup... any others I may have missed...

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Club Cricket Schedule
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum CW Offseason Club Cricket
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 19-12-2004, 07:48 PM
  2. Cricket Memoribilia
    By SOL in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-06-2004, 12:52 AM
  3. *Official* South Africa vs Pakistan Series
    By Neil Pickup in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 344
    Last Post: 13-01-2003, 03:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •