• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka

Dravid

International Captain
Any source to confirm that? I'm not going against you or anything, I just want to know how you know. Was it said start of the match cause I might have missed it.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid said:
Any source to confirm that? I'm not going against you or anything, I just want to know how you know. Was it said start of the match cause I might have missed it.
What?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
FaaipDeOiad said:
Wish Australia and India were playing on this pitch. It's something out of McGrath's most beautiful dream.
Nah we'll be right thanks. That brown one will do fine. :)

Dravid

International Captain
Gone! What a great bowling performance by Pakistan. Kallis gone 36-4 and they are in huge trouble

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
"We were quite surprised the way the nets played today, with the carry and the juice. It was similar to being back home again". - Graeme Smith

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
If South Africa can bat out their overs, or even close, they will at least get to bowl at night. The ball might do even more then, at least through the air, and Ntini, Pollock and Nel will be lethal. Anything over 100 means the game is still alive.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TT Boy said:
I'm inclined to disagree on the part of Boeta being quality his shown to be just as useless as Gibbs so far. His still there but **** knows how. Also in regard to Gibbs, surely South Africa need to ditch him or play him further down the order, his lost the plot and why is he batting so square on, his not from Guyana is he?
Boeta Dippenaar has one of the best ODI records in the world though.

3331 runs @ 43.25
v Pakistan (before this game): 58.55 average (1x100, 4x50 in 11 innings)
v SL: 42.06 (1x100, 5x50 in 17 innings)

Granted, he has mediocre records against Australia, New Zealand and India. But his average opening the batting in ODIs is 48.30.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
FaaipDeOiad said:
If South Africa can bat out their overs, or even close, they will at least get to bowl at night. The ball might do even more then, at least through the air, and Ntini, Pollock and Nel will be lethal. Anything over 100 means the game is still alive.
And around only 2.5 players in the Pakistani team can play when the ball is moving around a mile (pitch or air).

SA with a chance if, and only if, they can bat out a fair few more overs.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dippenaar is number six on the following list:

Best ODI batsmen in victories since the NatWest Series 2002 (at least 1500 runs in wins)

Stats - 42 matches 1710 runs @ average of 55.16 (100/50 - 2/ 14)

That is good enough for me.

Xuhaib

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
Agreed 100+ and SA could be favourites.