Cricket Player Manager
Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Group B - Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka

Blazing start for Jaya, 16 off 13. Good stuff.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Still won`t make a ton.
    Jesus saves

member of Liverpool FC and Melbourne City

What's the pitch like? If it's better than what NZ and SAF played on yesterday he'll make a ton. Go Tharanga GO.

Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim
    Write him off at your peril. 6 ODI tons at the age of 21 is a magnificent achievement.
    Even the most fervent Sri Lanka fan would have to admit that most of those weren't exactly against the toughest opposition!

Four against Zim/Kenya/Bangladesh, and two (plus a half-century) against a fairly demoralised England side. I was lucky enough to see the one at Headingley - there were some lovely strokes as Tharanga and Jayasuriya ripped England apart, but the bowling was shocking.

I won't rate him as that good until he scores consistently against Ind/Aus/Pak/SA/NZ...hopefully, that'll be in the next couple of weeks

5.1 Iftikhar Anjum to Tharanga, 3 runs, good length outside off, Tharanga stands and punches that in the gap between cover and mid-off and runs hard, they get three in the end, well run

Pure class!

Doesn't matter who he hits them against apparently, if Murali is allowed to take alot of wickets against the crap teams and have people defend them as "still international sides" then I don't see why Tharanga shouldn't be the same!

What's the pitch like? If it's better than what NZ and SAF played on yesterday he'll make a ton. Go Tharanga GO.
    Looks a decent batting wicket (hence Jayasuriya’s confidence), bounce has been pretty consistent and there is nearly zero seam or swing. But the Pakistani bowlers have been pretty poor especially Rana, you don’t bowl short on these sort of wickets.

Wow! Jayasuria is going nuts! Man I wish I could watch this! 47 off 31!

I really doubt Asif and Ahktar would've let his balloon out to 0/62 off 8 overs....Pakistan already feeling their absence.
    Last edited by sideshowtim; 17-10-2006 at 04:42 AM.

Doesn't matter who he hits them against apparently, if Murali is allowed to take alot of wickets against the crap teams and have people defend them as "still international sides" then I don't see why Tharanga shouldn't be the same!
    Yes, but Murali's proved time and again that he can get wickets against any team, in any conditions.

I am so _not_ going to get into a Murali vs. Warne argument here

8.3 Gul to Jayasuriya, 1 run, short of length delivery on the middle and leg, Jayasuriya goes on the backfoot and pulls it to mid wicket, straight to Afridi at short fine leg, that is dropped, he has failed to cling onto that one, that was a straight forward chance

Tut tut, can't afford to drop those ones in a tournament like this, especially a bloke like Jayasuria who can be devestating. You need to get him out there as quick as you can. Pakistan not feeling too confident at the moment.

8.3 Gul to Jayasuriya, 1 run, short of length delivery on the middle and leg, Jayasuriya goes on the backfoot and pulls it to mid wicket, straight to Afridi at short fine leg, that is dropped, he has failed to cling onto that one, that was a straight forward chance

Tut tut, can't afford to drop those ones in a tournament like this, especially a bloke like Jayasuria who can be devestating. You need to get him out there as quick as you can. Pakistan not feeling too confident at the moment.
    His out now.

Afridi breathes a sigh of relief! Jaya goes after only adding 1 more.

SL off to a blinder, some awesome sixes from Jayasuriya although disappointed he couldn't go on. Expecting big things from Tharanga.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahindinho
    Yes, but Murali's proved time and again that he can get wickets against any team, in any conditions.

I am so _not_ going to get into a Murali vs. Warne argument here
    What's Murali's record like in Australia? Not that flash me thinks. Then again, warn'es in India is shabby as well.

Great bowlers though.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Problem is Warne couldn't get wickets against that same side.

Mind you I agree with your statement regarding Tharanga, he'll be a very good player in a few years.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Go Tharanga! Nearly a third of the way there

Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information