• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka

pasag

RTDAS
Excellent game, for Pakistan to come back like that despite all the controversy was brilliant stuff.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Razzaq is just brilliant at the end of an innings.

Really, Pakistan at full strength should be the closest side to Australia in ODIs. They've got the most complete side of the main competitors, with strong bowling and a variety of quality batsmen. It's unfortunate in a way that both Asif and Akhtar are likely to miss the World Cup now.
South Africa as well at full-strenght can match Australia, but i real hope Akhtar and Asif don't miss the world that would be extremely unfortunate.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder if Pakistan could do a Italy in this Champions trophy, wouded by the loss of their captain and scandal over their two main bowlers, the side becomes so close that they rise to the occassion and win this tournament?, nahhhhhhhh

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
aussie said:
I wonder if Pakistan could do a Italy in this Champions trophy, wouded by the loss of their captain and scandal over their two main bowlers, the side becomes so close that they rise to the occassion and win this tournament?, nahhhhhhhh
McGrath will headbutt Afridi in the final for talking ill about his wife and get thrown out of the game, and as a result Pakistan will win :)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good win for Pakistan, they really needed a big performance to get their confidence up without three of their better players. Younis Khan seemed very happy to get that result, as he should be. Let's hope Sri Lanka lose confidence and New Zealand can wipe the floor with them.

cbuts

International Debutant
Voltman said:
Aside from the three double centuries? Honestly, come up with something a bit better than that. Yes, he's got his failings, but to suggest he's going to be forgotten when he retires is complete codswallop.
his second half of his career - he averages 47

cbuts

International Debutant
shortpitched713 said:
I don't see any of these group B sides beating India, let alone Australia.

An India vs. Australia final is on the cards. You heard it here first. :-O
Hmmm we are third in the world at the mo, behind SA who we just beat. Yes india will be tough at home and aussie will be tough as always. be never say never

cbuts

International Debutant
Mahindinho said:
Even the most fervent Sri Lanka fan would have to admit that most of those weren't exactly against the toughest opposition!

Four against Zim/Kenya/Bangladesh, and two (plus a half-century) against a fairly demoralised England side. I was lucky enough to see the one at Headingley - there were some lovely strokes as Tharanga and Jayasuriya ripped England apart, but the bowling was shocking.

I won't rate him as that good until he scores consistently against Ind/Aus/Pak/SA/NZ...hopefully, that'll be in the next couple of weeks :)
didnt he make one against us in queenstown?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Yea I know I wonder why all the Indian fans were cheering for Pakistan, please someone provide me with an explanation. I mean TBH, I would much rather cheer for Sri Lanka. In fact, Sri Lanka is my second favourite team after India (not including the minnows).

chipmonk

U19 Debutant
Turbinator said:
Yea I know I wonder why all the Indian fans were cheering for Pakistan, please someone provide me with an explanation. I mean TBH, I would much rather cheer for Sri Lanka. In fact, Sri Lanka is my second favourite team after India (not including the minnows).
I think they were feeling sorry for the predicament that the pakistanis were facing and were emperthising with them. It was touching .....

Slow Love™

International Captain
Wow, amazing stuff from Pakistan, and Razzaq at the end. I really thought Sri Lanka had this one in the bag when they scored 250+. Sounds like Dilshan's drop was very costly, but you can't help but be impressed by Pakistan's ability to defy expectations.

Picked SL to win the Trophy, too though, so a little disappointed in their inability to defend a healthy score under the circumstances. But Razzaq can be extremely hard to stop when in full flow.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One thing I was really impressed when I watched the highlights today was the excitement and energy in the Pakistan team after they took a wicket, they really were playing their hearts out and I put this down in part to Younis Khan's captaincy. All the players seemed happy and they knew what their role was but they were still really enjoying it, good positive stuff to see.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Brilliant all round effort by Razzaq !! Great win for Pakistan after demoralising few weeks or months for them.

I pick Pakistan to win CT after hosts India now.

Pakistan , NZ to qualify from this group.

SL to lose to NZ in another close match , but to Wallop SA by 10 wickets or 150 plus runs. (That will really make me happy ) :)