• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka

pasag

RTDAS
SL off to a blinder, some awesome sixes from Jayasuriya although disappointed he couldn't go on. Expecting big things from Tharanga.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mahindinho said:
Yes, but Murali's proved time and again that he can get wickets against any team, in any conditions.

I am so _not_ going to get into a Murali vs. Warne argument here ;)
What's Murali's record like in Australia? Not that flash me thinks. Then again, warn'es in India is shabby as well.

Great bowlers though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
sideshowtim said:
Doesn't matter who he hits them against apparently, if Murali is allowed to take alot of wickets against the crap teams and have people defend them as "still international sides" then I don't see why Tharanga shouldn't be the same!
Problem is Warne couldn't get wickets against that same side.

Mind you I agree with your statement regarding Tharanga, he'll be a very good player in a few years.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wasn't a good ball, but just a shot of a man overly confident.

Still, now's the chance for Jaya to catch up to Tharanga's amount of runs this tournament so I can win some money. Already had Nafees right, and my Graeme Smith bet is on the right track too :D

sideshowtim

Banned
Yep, they threw away a huge advantage. Jayasuria set the platform with a brilliant knock, all they had to do really was tap the ball around and hit the odd boundary, but I think they went for glory a bit too much and tried to smack it to all ends...they needed someone out there for 90% of the innings to consolidate but everyone seemed to get a start and then get out. Pakistan should win from here.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Not so sure that Pak will have it so easy - the Cricinfo guys seem to think that that's a decent target and it's a decent track for the spinners.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan should win this. Great job by the spinners, and Razzaq was straight at least. Made up for the woeful performances of the opening seamers.