• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, England, Australia, West Indies

viktor

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Or a leg bye...

Out of interest, did they try to run anything whilst the appeal was being dealt with?
Yes. Infact they had almost completed the run when Bowden raised the finger.

magsi23

U19 Debutant
Pratyush said:
Erm, the Indian crowds appreciate good cricket. However in a crucial match like this it is only natural for the crowd to go silent when the opposition team is dealing in boundaries.

yeh just from indian side though

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
magsi23 said:
yeh just from indian side though
Untrue. I will not elaborate on the more talked about cases like Chennai versus Pakistan but will recall one of my earliest cricket memories from 91. South African batsman hit a six and the crowd stood up and clapped during the reinduction of RSA match. It shocked me and my instant reaction as a kid was - why are they applauding another team and a reason it sticks in my mind distinctly. Maybe you need to sit in an Indian crowd to know more about it. Most of the people are fairly knowledgeable and appreciative of good cricket most of the time.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
magsi23 said:
Errrrr are you watching the game today?
Does it matter? That they cheer for Lara or have attended games not involving India in this tournament proves that they appreciate good cricket. They certainly got excited when Jerome Taylor took his hat-trick.

It's only natural that you support your team first and good cricket second in these situations, unless there's foul play about. How many crowds actually support the opposition when their team is getting hammered? It hardly seems right to cheer in those situations, especially when your team is likely to get eliminated from a major tournament.

Dravid

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Does it matter? That they cheer for Lara or have attended games not involving India in this tournament proves that they appreciate good cricket. They certainly got excited when Jerome Taylor took his hat-trick.

It's only natural that you support your team first and good cricket second in these situations, unless there's foul play about. How many crowds actually support the opposition when their team is getting hammered? It hardly seems right to cheer in those situations, especially when your team is likely to get eliminated from a major tournament.

Please rephrase

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
magsi23 said:
so if its do or die you stop appreciating good cricket? Excellent
No, simply because you don't cheer for the opposition doesn't mean you don't appreciate the cricket. Your point is extremely weak.