• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, England, Australia, West Indies

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
PY said:
Here we go again. :laugh: :laugh:
We're a joke, aren't we. That's why all this talk of us being OK when we get our first choice XI on the park is so much hot air: reality is that even our better onedayers are second rate. Why did Colly come ahead of KP with the game as it is, btw?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
wpdavid said:
Why did Colly come ahead of KP with the game as it is, btw?
KP would then make three off 10 balls and make England in the mire. He's done it all tournament. At least Colly knows how to take singles.

PY

International Coach
I don't mind KP coming in at 5, I'd prefer it if he did in fact.

I don't know, I do find it hilarious how woeful we are at ODers sometimes. You're right though, I've been full of hot air all afternoon....nasty curry.

Dravid

International Captain
Turbinator said:
haha Chris Gayle's expression was jokes!
It was classic, I hope someone at the ground took a picture of it and they put it on Cricinfo...would be my next avatar.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Its bad enough when dumbos like Sehwag, Afrid etc play mindless shots when there is ABSOLUTELY no need to take the risk and the team is doing fine but for a captain to do it is unpardonable.

How is Flintoff expected to deal with other 'hotheads' in the team if this is the example he is going to set.

Is he really captain material? Botham wasn't.

Dravid

International Captain
SJS said:
Its bad enough when dumbos like Sehwag, Afrid etc play mindless shots when there is ABSOLUTELY no need to take the risk and the team is doing fine but for a captain to do it is unpardonable.

How is Flintoff expected to deal with other 'hotheads' in the team if this is the example he is going to set.

Is he really captain material? Botham wasn't.
No he isn't. He was being an idiot going for that shot and he got what he deserved

PY

International Coach
We'll always find a way to make things interesting. :happy:

Was thinking we were back in the boxseat then.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dubious catch, but I do think replays make catches like that seem worse then they actually are. The finger under the ball ones I'm referring to.

KP England's only hope. Hasn't played a match-winning innings for a while.